Duo's Game (Two player games)

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi,

I'm looking to GM/DM/Narrate a smaller scale game for a pair of PCs. I was thinking of running a game of Coriolis the Third Horizon, Forbidden Lands, Carbon 2185 or maybe 2nd Edition Warhammer Fantasy or another Lone Wolf game (maybe set in the time of the original game books)?

I want to keep the number of players down to cut down on record keeping/remembering who the hell is playing what and when they roll... And also to give more time to each player to develop their character's persona and build a relationship with the other character - that's not saying I'm looking for a "relationship" between them, but hopefully you know what I mean.

I'd be looking to get player's input on what type of campaign they want to play in too, I may run published adventures to begin with, but hopefully with ideas from the players, I can build a campaign suited to their play styles, and what they'd like to see happen in the setting.

I'f you're interested let me know here what you'd like to play and a little bit on the type of character you'd like and the style of campaign...

Cheers,

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:50 pm

I like the Coriolis setting enough that I'd be willing to play, though I found the actual system kind of meh from the brief campaign I played in it. However, it will likely be more than a month before I actually have time to make a character. If you can find two people willing to play before that time, by all means go ahead without me.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: Duo's Game (Two player games)

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:11 pm

So, I was looking at either Forbidden Lands or Coriolis for this idea, with maybe one or two players rather than a full party.

@Muskrat if you are interested still, I could do a solo player campaign?

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:55 pm

Thanks, but a solo campaign doesn't really appeal to me. If someone else expresses interest in Coriolis, I'd still be interested.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:35 pm

Both Coriolis and Forbidden Lands are excellent. I don't know how they'd work with a solo campaign however, as hex crawling is really dangerous in FLs and Coriolis partially focuses on your ship. I think both would be tough and partially ill-fit for a solo or even duo game.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:16 pm

That's a good point. Even in a two player Coriolis game, you might need some prominent NPCs to round out the roles in a group.