[Open] DnD 5e: Hellbound Heists (lv 8+)

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

[Open] DnD 5e: Hellbound Heists (lv 8+)

Post by Shurijo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:42 pm

Hey all,

Are there any interest in going to hell for a heist?

Adventures from Hellbound Heists ( https://www.dmsguild.com/product/287220 ... und-Heists )
Summary wrote: Nine layers of Hell, nine heists, and the odds aren't in your favor. Explore each layer as a separate adventure or tie them all together for one hellish campaign.
  • The Avernus Job (Level 8+): A quick trip to Hell explores the short time Gruumsh spent in Avernus and what he left behind.
  • Mission: Dis Protocol (Level 7-10): Assist an infernal lawyer by stealing the proof of her client's innocence from the archives of Dis.
  • Come Hell or High Water (Level 9-13): Uncover the secret operations of Mammon that could upset the balance of the Blood War itself!
  • The Archdevil's Gambit (Level 13+): Untangle the mess surrounding powerful devils in the middle of the pain and pleasure of politics.
  • Mission: Broken Heaven (Level 14-16): A number of beings all want a trapped angel for themselves, and one of them is desperate enough to ask for the help of mortals!
  • Meltdown Masquerade in Malbolge (Level 14+): Glasya is holding a ball to humiliate Levistus. While she has her own plots to work through, so does every other guest present! But will the adventurers have enough time to finish their own?
  • According to Plan (Level 14+): Help free a rogue from a hellbound prison, and aid in the recovery of a valuable set of blueprints.
  • 666: To Mephistar (Level 17-19): All aboard the coldest train in all of Hell! This non-linear train-based adventure has all involved in the ride for their lives, from the coldest depths of Hell right into the home of Mephistopheles!
  • Nessus: What's in a Name? (Level 17-20): Your adventurers are in for the heist of their lives! Reach the deepest part of the Nine Hells all to steal a most powerful name from the fortress of Asmodeus!
Rules: D&D 5e
Campaign Setting: Neutral (generic fantasy, sorta like Forgotten Realms but without specifics)
Character levels: Depends on which heist you want to start on. Minimum of level 8.
Character alignments: Depends on your patron (either neutral/good working for Heaven or neutral/evil working for a devil)

There's nine layers of hell and each of the above adventure relates to a specific level. Extended stays in hell will lead to character corruption, so you need to get in, get the job done, and get the hell out of hell.

The group's patrons could either be an Archduke in Hell who wants to collect treasures for themselves or retrieving the items that Heaven lost in hell which hell before the items are combined into a holy weapon of destruction.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Let's go to hell together?

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:56 pm

I'll play, I may need a little help with high level 5E char gen, but I'm up for anything you want to run Shurijo.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:03 pm

If someone would rather run this as PF2 or PF, then I'm willing to pass the DM torch and I'll play as a pathfinder PC.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:37 pm

Don't look at me to run anything more! I'm happy to give 5E higher level a shot.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:38 pm

The nice thing about 5e higher levels is there's no prestige classes or whatnot, you just pick your archetype (around level 3) and that's your class specialization.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:57 am

Oh, another 5e game? Sign me up!

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:43 am

ME ME ME!

@GuyWithSword - I know you're super busy, but this reminds me a lot of the Hell Campaign you were thinking of running years ago.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Are you guys looking to be hired by the ArchDuke in Hell or a Divine Being from Heaven? Or maybe just Elminster as a neutral/balance benefactor?

There's a lot of "corruption" rolls for extended stays in hell which can make you turn more manic/evil/etc, so if you went the holy route, you might be corrupted anyways (sort of like LOTR corruption etc).

Either way is good, but if a few people are interested then you guys should figure that part out.

If you go evil and want to be an evil ranger or druid, let me know and I'll send you a complimentary copy of my (DMsGuild) D&D book relating to Malar (evil nature FR deity) and you can draw from that as a resource as well.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:01 am

I guess I don't feel particularly strongly one way or the other. I'd kind of like to play a monk, and while I know 5e kind of did away with alignment restrictions, I still kind of feel like I'd be lawful, but that could be Good, Neutral, or Evil and I'd be fine.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:01 am

EEEEEVIL