Star Wars Again?

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Star Wars Again?

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:12 pm

So should we attempt another SW game? Having seen Rise of Skywalker and The Mandalorian makes me itch for a SW game.

Maybe? Any interest?

Looking at the d6 version maybe, it seems more forum friendly than the FFG one, and not as D&D as the Saga one.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Star Wars Again?

Post by Shurijo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:36 pm

I'm in.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:11 pm

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:03 pm

I'm seeing The Rise of Skywalker tonight. I'd be interested in a Star Wars game. I haven't played using the d6 system before, but I've read through some variation of it and it seems straightforward enough.

What time period are you thinking of setting the game in? What sort of campaign? If you're open to suggestions, I've long thought a Star Wars A-Team-style game might be neat. Something set shortly after Order 66, with surviving Jedi and other dissidents from the Empire on the run, trying to do good, while being hunted down by Imperial forces.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:17 pm

Vardaen had mention in discord that he thought the Mandalorian time frame would be neat. That show takes place 9 ABY - a few years after the New Republic finally got rid of the Empire remnants, but there were still pockets of Imperial units scattered out, rebellion soldiers retiring and getting back to normal life/jobs, crime was somewhat coming out of shadows again since they were less afraid of the newly formed New Republic than the empire, and the New Republic was just getting started and "cleaning" the mess left by the Empire - officially the show says it takes place "5 years after the events of Return of the Jedi and 25 years prior to the events of The Force Awakens."

As far as Jedi, Luke could possibly be starting up his school or any other surviving Jedi (who were too afraid or otherwise couldn't fight the Empire) would be coming out the shadows as well. Since the Jedi would need a good explanation why they didn't join the Rebellion. I doubt they'd receive a warm welcome by those who did fight.

It's still up to V either way, that was just one thing we chatted about and mostly my ideas (which are just my opinions/thoughts on the time frame).

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:15 pm

That sounds great!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:45 am

I'm probably in. I do have a SW itch after The Mandalorian too.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:26 pm

Shurijo wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:17 pm
Vardaen had mention in discord that he thought the Mandalorian time frame would be neat. That show takes place 9 ABY - a few years after the New Republic finally got rid of the Empire remnants, but there were still pockets of Imperial units scattered out, rebellion soldiers retiring and getting back to normal life/jobs, crime was somewhat coming out of shadows again since they were less afraid of the newly formed New Republic than the empire, and the New Republic was just getting started and "cleaning" the mess left by the Empire - officially the show says it takes place "5 years after the events of Return of the Jedi and 25 years prior to the events of The Force Awakens."

As far as Jedi, Luke could possibly be starting up his school or any other surviving Jedi (who were too afraid or otherwise couldn't fight the Empire) would be coming out the shadows as well. Since the Jedi would need a good explanation why they didn't join the Rebellion. I doubt they'd receive a warm welcome by those who did fight.

It's still up to V either way, that was just one thing we chatted about and mostly my ideas (which are just my opinions/thoughts on the time frame).
That sounds good too, though I should probably note that I haven't seen The Mandalorian.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:09 pm

Muskrat wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:26 pm

That sounds good too, though I should probably note that I haven't seen The Mandalorian.
That's fine. The show isn't an epic-universe spanning show. It's pretty localized to just the Mando and those around him. No Galactic-level consequences or stuff. So, if V chooses this era, you won't need to know anything about the TV show (other than it's fantastic).

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:21 pm

Baby Yoda by himself IS a Galactic-level consequence!!! That level of cuteness could level whole civilizations!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."