My Games

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

My Games

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:48 pm

So I'm currently "running" the following games:

Pathfinder
Age of Ice: Fallen Empires
Age of Ice: Forge of Souls
Eberron: The Grey Company
Kingmaker
Skull & Shackles

The One Ring
Ruins of the North
Tales from Wilderland

Miscellaneous
Down Darker Trails: The Good, The Bad, and the Utterly Insane
L5R: The Chrysanthemum Throne
Star Wars: The New Republic
Warhammer 40K: Dark Heresy

This is too many games right now. You have all suffered through my recent months of inactivity and spotty connection times, Corona-virus, Vacations, work being ridiculously busy (and not much end in sight to that).

I need to scale back on the number of games I'm running. Especially those that are harder for me to manage mechanically. Here is what I think is on the chopping block, if you are in these games, speak up.

DDT: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Star Wars: The New Republic
Age of Ice: Forge of Souls

I would like to try and keep the rest of the game going, but I think a re-evaluation in a month would be in order on several other games. I'm trying to not cut any of my long standing games, or games I find easier to post for.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

My Games

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:53 pm

DDT is one of my favorite games that you run, but I understand if you need to axe it.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

My Games

Post by Othniel » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:33 pm

I think Kingmaker probably should get the axe too. We're barely limping along, and I feel like I don't have much energy left for it. Especially when it comes time for another kingdom turn.

Kind of sad to see Star Wars go, but I'm not enamored of the system we're using.

Okay with seeing Forge of Souls go, I guess. I had a hard time getting into the setting.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

My Games

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:26 pm

Kingmaker was also on my list of possible games to cut but I didn't want to just cut one of the few games Graven was in.

I'm not sold on cutting DDT, but someone mentioned to me wanting to drop it. I could run it with fewer players too still.

The problem here is I like all the games, but I know I need to trim back a little bit.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

My Games

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:26 pm

It makes sense that you'd need to cut back. It's honestly amazing that you managed to keep so many games going for so long.

I've enjoyed the Star Wars game so far, but I think it's a relatively easy one to cut, since it hasn't been going long. As a result, I'm not as invested in it as the other games you're running that I'm in. I'd be especially sad to see the two The One Ring games go.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

My Games

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:30 pm

DDT is certainly awesome and I'll be sad if it's dropped, but I can also see how difficult it is to GM. You basically have to make up literally everything, plus it isn't standard Fantasy Adventure Time. Cosmic Horror is amazing but also takes a lot of creative energy. Respect either way you go on keeping or dropping.

Forge of Souls was fun to have, especially since I got to roleplay as Mongo. I can see the difficulty on keeping it going as there are few players and nobody is equipped to truly start to deal with the Godly Mystery of the Compact forging tool, so we're mainly wandering around hunting random slavers. Not sure where the Campaign is really going to be honest. Would stay for the ride, but I can see the difficulty on you and am fine with concluding it.

Hoping to keep Kingmaker, and I'm fine with doing any heavy lifting for the Kingdom Turn stuff. I'm a logistics kind of guy, so I find that strategic planning entertaining. Players/PCs who aren't interested in that kind of stuff can let me handle it on the side. I promise not to skim too much off the top of the coffers. ;) It likely is also taking work on the GMs side to run since the PCs are supposed to be the Duke and the top dogs in the administration, but pretty much all those Players dropped over the years, so now V has to act those parts as well. I'm still enjoying it though. Never played a Bard before. :)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

My Games

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:57 pm

DDT
Personally I've felt this one dragging behind the rest. I thought we'd encounter the supernatural more often than currently the case, before I read the part in the source material that says if we encounter it, just run. It was starting to get interesting near the end of our current adventure, though. Maybe we could interact with some named npcs when things calm down in our current adventure. I was thinking Delton could look in on Lauralee.

The New Republic
You guys just started this one, and I was looking forward to introducing my character, so it feels a little premature. What if we swapped the system for something more familiar?

Maybe I can join a different game that's getting more attention when one or more of the ones I'm playing in get shelved.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: My Games

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Muskrat wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:26 pm
It makes sense that you'd need to cut back. It's honestly amazing that you managed to keep so many games going for so long.

I've enjoyed the Star Wars game so far, but I think it's a relatively easy one to cut, since it hasn't been going long. As a result, I'm not as invested in it as the other games you're running that I'm in. I'd be especially sad to see the two The One Ring games go.
I have no plan to remove the The One Ring games.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:13 pm

Here is what I'm going to do...

I'm going to try and not cut DDT and AoI:FoS. The games listed will be a bit slower for now, I'll focus on the games I didn't list, and see how life is, and if there is time I'll post to those ones and we can see how it plays out. We don't lose anything doing it this way.

As for Kingmaker we can do some Kingdom in the background, and let MWD and I run the logistics of it with any input others want to make, while focusing on the story that comes out of Kingdom building, but try and stay where the action is 'live'.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:07 am

RorytheRomulan wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:57 pm
The New Republic
You guys just started this one, and I was looking forward to introducing my character, so it feels a little premature. What if we swapped the system for something more familiar?

Maybe I can join a different game that's getting more attention when one or more of the ones I'm playing in get shelved.
I'm not super fond of the system we're using for TNR, but it's Star Wars so I had to jump in. I would happily switch to either Saga or especially Fantasy Flight's system.