Any interest in an ASOIAF game?

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: Any interest in an ASOIAF game?

Post by Bohemond » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:12 pm

Nice to see that things are moving at a good clip. I've received at least some crunch from ManWithDoor, Rory, and Zorbeltuss. Keep up the good work and feel free to discuss any character relationships your PCs might have.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:16 pm

ManWithDoor and I figured out how our characters are acquainted.

During a skirmish in the Westerlands, Westerner troops were hit hard and harassed by cavalry. The commander, Philip's father, went down, and ManWithDoor's peasant veteran (I don't know his name yet) organized the remaining levies into a defensive formation to buy time for a retreat, also giving time for the knights to put their commander on a horse. Philip's father was rescued, for which he was grateful, and peasant veteran gained a promotion and a little favor with House Marbrand (the lord is Philip's grandfather, and his father was not the heir). The event serves as the door-opener for peasant veteran to enter the awareness and social circle of nobility, which is essential since he has no skill or fondness with politics. And it gives him and Philip a closer bond.

Philip's father survives, so that the gratitude is more keenly felt, but did not live through the civil war.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bohemond » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:00 pm

Sounds likes an interesting backstory. I encourage discussions like these to happen in this thread, so that there can be collaboration amongst of all the players (even a discarded concept might inspire some backstory for another player). Xeno has been MIA for awhile, and I haven't heard back from Graven, so I'm operating under the premise that I'll be moving forward with the current power trio we've got going.

ManWithDoor - Just need some things finalized
Rory - Done
Zorbeltuss - I have most of the crunch and the basic concept, I just a few points to be filled in.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:48 pm

Current draft. Stats may not entirely reflect suggested capabilities.
Daena Waters, known as Daena Dreamfyre

Lady Daena Waters, styling herself “Dreamfyre” after one of the dragons is tall and slender, with long hair that is so light blond it seems white in the right light. Her skin is pale and delicate and flushes bright red with the slightest exertion or embarrassment and her eyes pale piercing blue adding a hint of intelligence. She dresses to take advantage of her coloring
and slender figure, either in pale gowns that make her seem ethereal or darker, dramatic colors that offset her complexion.She makes looking her best an art form, but she is more than ornamental, however. A Great Bastard with intelligence, and a budding talent at reading people so that she can tell them what they want to hear. She is deft at implying things without promising anything. Most importantly, Daena loves the court life. She thrives on the whirl of Westeros’s
social scene, the schemes and backroom deals, the dancing and flirting. When she walks into a room, she commands attention.

Being the younger one Daena did not attract as much attention as her older half-sister, but only a dragon would compare herself to the most desired young lady in all of the seven kingdoms. Both idolizing and envying her sister that she was raised together with, Daena learned from her mother’s knee of how the world worked and how a skilled young woman could make it spin to her whims.

When Serenei of Lys died in childbirth, Lord Jon Hightower sent for Lady Jeyne Cuy, niece of his bannerman, the Lord of Sunhouse, Lady Jeyne had suffered a miscarriage and the sycopantic Hand of the King pleased Aegon The Unworthy by providing such a highborn wet nurse for his daughter. The King insisted that Lady Jeyne take charge of Lady Shiera’s education, Lady Jeyne was considered intelligent and skilled in the ways of court, greatly admired at Oldtown, so she was not unsuited for such a task.

The scandal was of course, that a noble lady would demean herself to nurse the king’s bastard, another display of the depravities lords and knights would sink to in order to ingratiate themselves with the worst king of all history. A pretty sight as she was, the unspoken agreement was that the king had her stay as Shiera’s guardian because he desired her, and when she became quick with child, those suspicions were confirmed, certainly so when the babe had all the features of old Valyria. Some wicked tongues would have it that Lady Jeyne was behind the death of the king, but most believe that king’s lifestyle eventually became his undoing.

Rather than copying her sister’s promiscuous ways she played to her strengths of a younger appearance to play the innocent one, not attracting as high-profile suitors as her half-brothers are, but no less amused by leading men on and making them jealous as the elder sister, adept at giving off subtle hints in such and such direction without promising anything, and surely young men must know that these are most likely no more than innocent little games that leads to nothing, but when she does nothing to quash the hopes of more and the normal rules does not apply much to Great Bastards.

Lands, riches and power are merely tools to obtain comfort and amusement by becoming ever more desirable. Why settle for one husband when you can have many suitors and favorites to play off one another? But lovers? No, though why shatter the hopes of those who would fancy themselves as such?

Quick and Dirty Sheet:
Young Adult

Awareness 3
Cunning 3
Deception 4 Act, Bluff
Knowledge 3
Language 3
Persuasion 4 Presence, Reason
Status 4 Breeding, Reputation
Will 3

+1 Rank at 3

Attractive, Blood of Valyria, Courteous

Average of 1400SS for equipment:
-Scents 10SS
-Harp 18SS
-Noble’s garbs: 1000 total
--1x500,1x200,3x100
-Palfrey: 150
-222 SS

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:24 am

Earlier I suggested that the object of Philip's latest romantic conquest was none other than Elaena Targaryen (Ossifer Plumm).

What if instead we say that it was Daena Waters who engineered Philip's fall from grace and the unfortunate death of his rival? We would have to pull the date of that event closer to the present, for Philip to look at her and see that she's "of age" by the standards of the setting. Probably in 194-195.
It basically makes his exile impossible, but I'm ok with that (his family could have still hoped he would die in the civil war, but he ends up earning back some prestige for surviving and fighting bravely). The description of Daena's character makes this very fitting. And for future interactions, he basically foiled his own gambit with her by reputation, so it's played off as 'thanks, but no thanks', and he has no idea that she played him. Does that sound like a good idea?

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:05 pm

Like..she'd be 12 at the time? That's stretching it.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bohemond » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:31 am

I concur with Zorbeltuss. Even age aside, it kind of forces her PC to go from flirty bon vivant to potential murderess, and jettisons a chunk of your PC's background.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:20 am

Oh. Alright. I thought she could be a little older. I wanted to try and create a little history between each of us, but I guess it would be better in every respect for these two to have never met prior.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:04 pm

It's possible that Jeyne Cuy might have done that, which could be a story that fascinates Daena.

Evil version is that Aegon The Unworthy wanted Jeyne's husband dead so that he could "console" her after (Or Jon Hightower arranged it so that there would be no husband in the way for offering her up as wet nurse).

Twisted version being that Jeyne Cuy had it all arranged in a bid to become the tenth mistress of Aegon IV, possibly in collusion with Jon Hightower.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bohemond » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:47 pm

So, any updates? I received some word from Graven, and he's interested, but I haven't heard anything else.