Any interest in an ASOIAF game?

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Any interest in an ASOIAF game?

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:17 pm

Ah, I chose Fighting for Andal Blood. I should have said so. Which is good for the current stats, I have no 5's in anything. Thinking about this now, if I'm to have any hope for this character of catching a Targaryen woman's fancy, I'm probably going to want to take Sponsor, and possibly even Landed. It seems unlikely for even a bastard in the Targaryen family to settle, so Philip has a long way to go. What do you think? Also, feel free to flip that lady's coin to see if she inherited Targaryen madness...

In his formative years, I don't think Philip's hotheadedness would mesh well with the Seven's ideal of a knight, nor his whoring. But, after being given a chance and shown kindness by favorable encounters with the right clergymen, breaking an oath made to the Seven would feel like betrayal to him on a personal level. So absolutely, he believes that if a knight must swear certain oaths to be a knight, then the gods expect the new knight to honor those oaths. However, he's still nursing a temper that he initially directed at himself for being weak, then for his wantonness and stupid decisions, as well as on impulse - like the time he committed manslaughter in a joust - and it kept snowballing little by little. Now it's a black well that is dangerous for him to tap into.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:40 pm

Off I go finding an enticing picture that screams "play me!"

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:02 am

Quick updates:

General - I didn't mention this publicly before (I don't believe), but with the exception of the Status attributed for the head lord/lady (who for right now I'm considering Zorbeltuss as the default based on PC feedback I've received so far), anyone wanting to have a starting attribute at 5 or higher needs to get approval for that.

General - With regards to wealth, I use it more as a guideline then a hard and fast number. Presume you have four gold dragons (which is 840 silver stags) per rank in your status attribute. This should be more than enough for anything characters would need. I'm not goin to make you count out rations or pairs of socks or the like, but is more of a general rules for arms/dress and the like. If you have any questions on this, I'll go into more detail, but this is the basic rundown.

Graven - I'll try to get you access to the pdf for the rulebook as promised.

Zorbeltuss - Have you selected with background/character concept you're going with?

Rory - I would avoid Sponsor and Landed. Landed would make you a vassal to a preexisting lord with holdings pre-game. And you would effectively already have a sponsor in Zorbeltuss (as long as you two remain friendly to each other :shock: ) Of course, you could always have an additional sponsor, but that could make things messy. Having a son from Essos or bastards could be interesting. If you're still doing this, PM me and we'll discuss further.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:11 am

Well, it would also help me to try and earn Anointed. Should I take Sponsor to graduate to that, via seeking legitimacy?

Yes, I'd like to look into the parenting idea. Paired with other traits in his build and personal character, it will give him more general appeal via proven marriage-material, to contrast his stigmas.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:13 pm

Going for Great Bastard manipulative bitch I think.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Apologies for some slow posting, been traveling last week and this week for work. I will work on the Character Creation crunch this evening. Still intend to be the Soldier/Leader, although since you've clarified how awesome we are at the start, would at minimum be a Captain-equivalent rank.

Generally kept himself free of the political in-fighting of the day, so is a good pick to help start up this new House, without being so tied to his previous service that there would be suspicions of conflicts of interest or whatnot.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:49 am

I'm gonna go with Shield Mastery and not overcomplicate this. Crunch done! Sending PM.

And the more I think about it, giving him a kid to look after probably isn't going to help stoke his vice. He'd probably struggle with it a lot less, and noble marriage prospects are more likely to give the thumbs-down if he dedicates time to the kid and goes out of his way to look after them.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:53 pm

Graven - Awaiting character concept
HungryXenomorph - Awaiting fleshed out character concept (may be busy)
ManWithDoor - Working on crunch
RoryTheRomulan - Finishing touches
Zorbeltuss - Awaiting crunch and completed background

HOMEBREW RULE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Persuasion : Instead of forcing players to take seven different specialties, I'm going to consolidate the specialties into two parts a la Deception
Presence - Charm, Incite, Intimidate, Seduce
Reason - Bargain, Convince, Taunt

I encourage people to try to work on their PCs, and post or PM updates, even if it's just an "I'm busy."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:13 am

Finished with the hard crunch stuff, now working on the deeper backgrounds details and the like.

Going for a career soldier, front-line fighter and veteran of the Blackfyre Rebellion. Captain-equivalent rank, Knighted (not Landed) for his experience and rank. Little involvement in the political side of things, has never worked for his placement in Tourneys and the like. Hasn't trained in the lance or the other fancy tourney competitions, he's a heavily armored, bludgeoning (usually a ball & chain or a hefty warhammer), front and center, caving in armor and breaking the enemy line.

Now that's not to say he's a total stick in the mud or anything that despises culture and propriety, he's popular with his troops as a front-line fighter (standing shoulder-to-shoulder with them in the vanguard), he's sociable and caring, but he deeply believes in the values of order and peace.

He cared little about if the claims of legitimacy or proper inheritance were right and proper, he saw the Blackfyre Rebellion solely for what it did - tore apart the Kingdom and laid waste to the people. Reminds me of Avatar the Last Airbender, when Uncle Iroh said why he wouldn't seek the Throne:
"Even if I did defeat Ozai, and I don't know if I could, it would be the wrong way to end the war. History would see it as just more senseless violence. A brother killing a brother to grab power. The only way for this was to end peacefully is for the Avatar to defeat the Fire Lord."

So ignore the Avatar part, but the "a brother killing a brother to grab power" bit speaks deeply to him. He saw the Black Dragon as one seeking power for its own sake, various Lords joining the rebellion to settle petty feuds and grab power themselves, fracturing the Kingdoms and dragging tens of thousands of men to their deaths for their leader's own selfish desires.

Needless to say, he has OPINIONS on the Rebellion. I'm not saying he's going to draw a sword every time they meet someone who fought on the side of the rebels, but there'll be plenty of fertile ground for Roleplaying when they do so, especially if he has to "play nice" with them. :)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:00 pm

It really was kind of a dick move by Aegon IV to legitimize all of his bastards. If I didn't know better, I would say he deliberately shat the bed at the expense of many.