Any interest in an ASOIAF game?

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Any interest in an ASOIAF game?

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:17 pm

I'm still here.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:23 pm

Present!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:01 pm

I was thinking about maybe importing one of my houserules that you can buy a second language for 10 ability XP, (basically, pay 10XP, your language skill now applies to both Westerosi and other language) since it makes sense that Daena is fluent in Valyrian, but to buy it up to being able to read and write it by RAW costs 70 XP (+10 for being able to read/write first language).

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:08 pm

I may have beaten you to the punch with a homebrew rule on this already with the polyglot quality. :)

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:41 am

But that requires expensive DP

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bohemond » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:52 pm

I'm going to no freebie on this one. In part because there already exists a rule on this, but also my general modus operandi regarding DP is that they should be more used/invested/awarded than we've previously seen. For example, all the PCs have spare DP if I'm not mistaken, which I'll let be invested after the initial chapter. Also, for some chapter endings, I'm planning on flat out rewarding DP, so there won't be the traditional grind of having to wait until you have 50 XP to purchase a quality (you still can if you want to go all-in on qualities, but it won't be your only option).

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:47 am

How is the game setup coming along?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:50 pm

I think I'm ready to go. Have my character sheet, and submitted background info to the GM.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:42 pm

Still debating whether being bilingual is important enough fluff-wise to use a DP on it, but good narrators would make sure that such an investment comes in handy, so maybe just go that way and be done with it?

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Bohemond » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:29 pm

Hey, sorry for the delay in the response. September has been hectic for me. It's also been part of the reason I have to delaying starting the game; I want to make sure I have everything out of the way so I'm not leaving everyone hanging mid campaign because work stress made my sapped my energy. I consider the three PCs as written up effectively done.

Specifically towards Zorbeltuss and the debate over polyglot. Knowing other languages could be valuable in this game. I suggest if you're considering taking polyglot, really take advantage of it. For the price of holding off on bumping up an attribute from 3 to 4, you can gain fluency in three languages. If you have any questions, as always, I''l be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.