New ManWithDoor Campaign

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: New ManWithDoor Campaign

Post by thehitcat » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:25 am

Wow you are mad. Alrighty then here's my list for each.
5E: 1. Icewind 2. Underdark 3. Feywilds
Pathfinder 2e: 1. Extinction 1a. Agents 2. Age of Ashes 2a. Wizard School Honestly they all sound like fun :)
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:07 pm

My votes:
5E: 1. Icewind 2. Witchlight 3. Abyss
P2 1. Extinction Curse 2. Kindled

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:42 am

5e
1 Witchlight, 2 Icewind, 3 Abyss

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by Orvost » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:04 am

I see how late I am to the party, but I thought I'd weigh in on your first posts:

Pathfinder and D&D are big draws, but generally I'm not a fan and avoid them. I like the White Wolf system just fine, especially for an old-school Vampire campaign. I have the Astra Militarum book for Warhammer 40K, so I am familiar with the system. I just don't have the rules to play anything more exotic than a guardsman.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:23 pm

From my back-of-the-envelope calculations (literally, on the back of an envelope tallying choices up), it looks like in popularity the following are the winners:

5e:
Icewind Dale
Wild Beyond the Witchlight

PF2E:
Extinction Curse
Agents of Edgewatch

Wouldn't mind your new 1st choices, Team. Also, if there is just heavy interest in the 5e campaigns over the PF2E, I could always just run two 5e Campaigns rather than splitting it up.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:57 am

I still think Ghosts of Saltmarsh would be grand. Pirates! Sailing!

But I may be the only one. I think the underdark one had a fair amount of support too. But more importantly, what do YOU want to run?

Of the two listed in your last post, would prefer Icewind Dale. Probably. I remain uncommitted between the two. :P
Last edited by Othniel on Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:31 pm

For D&D 5E, Wild Beyond the Witchlight. For PF 2E, Extinction Curse.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:25 am

Happy New Year!!! :D

Now that the winter holidays are over, I'm getting back into Posting and into working on these Games. If there's any more feedback on game preference I welcome it, but regardless I'll be making my Game Choices by the end of the week.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:50 am

I chose my picks from my interest in something that remains grounded in a classic fantasy DnD setting. I guess that would also include Ghosts of Saltmarsh. Having read a brief blurb about it, I could see a way to make the character I wanna use fit in with the tone. The tone is not necessarily comparable to Skulls and Shackles, right? For the Abyss, I would want to give the party a buffer, or some handicap, before they jump into the deep end, considering how dangerous the Underdark can be the moment you enter.

Still angling for a g'nome eldritch knight.

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by thehitcat » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:26 am

5E Icewind Dale & Pathfinder Extinction Curse were my two top choices and I'm sticking with them. I'm definitely in for PCs in both if you have room.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel