New ManWithDoor Campaign

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

New ManWithDoor Campaign

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:09 pm

Hello Fellowship,

I've been contemplating adding on another Campaign to my list. I'm currently running 2 Pathfinder Campaigns (Return of the Runelords & War for the Crown), and given I shut down my Mage: The Ascension Campaign a while back, I have bandwidth to add on another.

Partly also is that Vardaen was practically carrying the Site on his shoulders for a long time, running something like 8+ concurrent adventures, which boggles my mind. He can't do that anymore, and while I can't fill his shoes I can step up to contribute more. This Fellowship is really valuable to me, and I want to help it thrive.

Anyways, for those who would like to be Posting more, please throw out some ideas for what you'd like to play in! Obviously Adventure Paths (or other system equivalents) are easiest since I can pick it up and go, but I'm open to other ideas as well. :)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Graven
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Rigger

New ManWithDoor Campaign

Post by Graven » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:08 pm

I'm open to pretty much anything, not much of a help, I know

And you're basic premise is right, I should get to running something soon

More games again!
Fantasy is the exercise bike of the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can. Of course, I might be wrong.
- Sir Terry Pratchett
I will always return
- Shinjo
Formerly Phlale

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

New ManWithDoor Campaign

Post by Muskrat » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:06 pm

What systems are you open to running?

ManWithDoor

New ManWithDoor Campaign

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:36 am

I'm most familiar with Pathfinder 1E, of course, but I'm willing to dig into PF 2E or D&D 5E, if there's a particular campaign people are jones-ing for. Warhammer 40K systems can be a lot of fun, although I've mostly had experience with Dark Heresy over the others. I love the old White Wolf systems, but I struggled to run one long-term. Better player than a GM there, I suppose. I'm pretty flexible and up for community input.

As an aside I helped with the Kickstarter funding a new SLA Industries edition, so will want to try to put something together once that finishes up.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

New ManWithDoor Campaign

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:27 am

Absolutely. A few games I'm involved with have gone down, and I hope I won't continue my trend of being the reaper of campaigns - half-joking. I've made a lot of characters for systems for campaigns I probably won't get to play. (I counted how many I have on a USB, let's just say there's "a lot")

Dark Heresy is adventure-style 40k, so that's always good for me. I've never heard of SLA but I've made like 6 characters for Shadow of the Demon Lord and I'm itching to put one in a game. Only problem I'd have is deciding which one. Same with Witcher. I have a Cyberpunk character I wouldn't mind rolling Lifepath and Cyber for again. I have a sacred fist warpriest I want to throw into a Pathfinder game (basically he'd be like the priest from Braindead), and a few 5e characters.

Ultimately I would wait and see what system Vardaen wants to get into, since this is a favor to him.

thehitcat
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

New ManWithDoor Campaign

Post by thehitcat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:51 pm

I am pretty open and would love to get in on the ground floor of a game now that I'm back. That said I'm most familiar with the 40K games from Fantasy Flight, Pathfinder 2E and pretty much any Superheroes system starting with Villains and Vigilantes up to Mutants and Masterminds 2E. If I can get enough of the rules in to build a character I'm up for anything (Mass Effect/Eclipse Phase/Savage Worlds/Weird or Wasted West) etc.

edited to add: While I haven't played D&D 5E I've played most versions of D&D and would be happy there too.
Last edited by thehitcat on Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorayne Thornhallow, Talan Botley, Raik Anar, Brother Lucian, Nazim al Ayser, David Luo, Radache of Pontyrel

ManWithDoor

New ManWithDoor Campaign

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:34 pm

That's a solid list to look into. :) There are some systems in there I don't know much about, and I'm curious to look them up. Keep up the feedback!

And V likely doesn't have the time to be a Player in another Campaign, so don't limit your choices there. And I think of this less as a Favor, and more like increasing my Support. Carrying my own weight, that sort of thing.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

New ManWithDoor Campaign

Post by Othniel » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:48 am

I'd be interested, depending on the system. PF 1e is what I'm most familiar with, but I'd gladly do D&D 5e as well. I literally just got into Legend of the Five Rings 5e, so that's on the table, I guess, though I'm still learning the system and haven't actually started the game I'll be in yet.

Regarding Pathfinder 1e, I wouldn't mind a GM-made campaign or a module that starts at anything higher than 1st level. Level 3-5 is kind of the sweet spot to me.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

New ManWithDoor Campaign

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:46 pm

I'm really happy to see someone running something, anything! Glad to know people are still enjoying things.

I have some desire to try and play in a game after this semester ends, who knows.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

New ManWithDoor Campaign

Post by Muskrat » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:23 pm

My preferences, from most to least interested, would be D&D 5E, Pathfinder 2E, Pathfinder 1E. A lot of it would also depend on the campaign. Dungeon crawls put me to sleep. For me, the most engaging campaigns are ones with heroic characters helping other people.

I have no interest in Warhammer 40K. I get enough grimdark reading the news and teaching sociology. I don't want to play with it for entertainment.