Silver Fox's Games

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Re: Silver Fox's Games

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:22 pm

That would be fine with me.

Maybe look at starting in June.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue May 17, 2022 11:51 am

For those interested, but unfamiliar with Coriolis The Third Horizon, here's an snippet from inside the book:

Coriolis – The Third Horizon is a role-playing game set in space. There are ships, space stations and starry vistas, just like in any other space-themed RPG. What separates Coriolis from other sci-fi RPGs is first and foremost the social environment, which in Coriolis is strongly inspired by the Middle East. The unique features of the game are listed below.

ARABIAN NIGHTS – IN SPACE

The Coriolis world is inspired by Middle Eastern culture rather than the Western one. Food, music and fashion, as well as religion, philosophy and literature. Most importantly, myths and folk tales from the Middle East deeply entwine with the spirit of the game world. The Third Horizon is a world where ancient myth meets high technology.

THE OLD VERSUS THE NEW

A central theme to Coriolis is the conflict between the Firstcome, the Horizon’s earliest settlers, and the Zenithians, descendants to the second wave of colonists arriving onboard the Zenith. Although the Firstcome had already established their culture throughout the Horizon when Zenith arrived, the Zenithians have grown to dominate more and more in the last decades, through trade, hostile expansion and colonization. The Zenithians’ cultural imperialism is a key factor in the conflict between the Consortium – a Zenithian faction – and the Firstcome Order of the Pariah.

MYSTICISM AND ICON WORSHIP

Worship of the Icons permeates everything in the world of Coriolis. The religion is the smallest common denominator for peoples of the Third Horizon. While faith is strongest with the Firstcome, especially so amongst the ranks of the Church of the Icons and the Order of the Pariah, the recently arrived Zenithians have too converted to worshipping the Icons in large numbers. The level of religious commitment varies, from the superstitious hauler crew praying to the Traveler before a portal jump, to missionaries zealously devoted to the holiest of struggles, saving the Horizon one soul at a time.

THE DARK BETWEEN THE STARS

The omens have foretold it, and the clergy have preached it for a long time now: the Dark between the Stars – the unspeakable, corrupting force at work in the intersection between civilization and the endless nothingness of space – seems to be real. InCoriolis, the Dark between the Stars plays roughly the role of the Devil in Earth’s Christianity.

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Tue May 17, 2022 8:00 pm

If there's still an opening available, I might be interested in participating as well. I've never played Coriolis myself, however I do own a copy of the Core Rulebook and the Coriolis Atlas Compendium (among other things), so I have a fair degree of familiarity with the setting.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:25 pm

Hermit wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 8:00 pm
If there's still an opening available, I might be interested in participating as well.

Certainly is. Happy to have you!

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 18, 2022 5:17 pm

Certainly sounds interesting so far!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:51 am

So the Group Concept is Free Traders.

We need to decide on a Patron & Nemesis as well as a Group Talent. We can discuss here first while the game thread is being set up.

Also, chat about individual character ideas.

I'll sort out a ship for you.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:29 pm

Well, right now I'm leaning towards soldier, probably the Legionaire/Mercenary subtype. I'm also looking at the Trailblazer (Prospector). I suppose a good question might be 'what type of traders are we?'. Do we trade raw materials? Manufactured goods? Do we have an established route or circuit? Do we have a long-term contract? Also, we have to consider our role on the ship, and the necessary skills for that.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:45 pm

I'm guessing do far that you'll be given contracts via your Patron. But besides that, I think you'll be working a variety of routes and/or goods. Jack of all trades.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:48 pm

Once we have a thread, I will link the extra talents (only available after character creation), new Data Djinn rules and your ship info so you can all see them.

I'll host character sheets on Roll20 again and have a thread for PC and major NPCs too.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:29 pm

Lea Marhoun looks like the most interesting patron to me. It would give us an opportunity to trade in something out of the ordinary.