Pathfinder Games - Recruiting (ManWithDoor)

This forum for new game announcements, looking for players for existing games, seeking interest in new games, and requesting new games to be run.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:26 am

Hello all! I've got Openings in my Pathfinder Campaigns:

1) War for the Crown (more socializing/politicking than combat, but could start punching if you want!)
- We are just starting Book 2, where the PCs are being sent to from the Capital to the country, to try to establish a base of operations and support for the ongoing Civil War. So perfect time to come on board, either being sent along the trip, or could be agents in place that get added to the team at their destination
- I have 3 active Players currently (Zorbeltuss, Grimbold, Othniel)

2) Return of the Runelords (some investigation, but plenty of exploring and fighting)
- We are still early in Book 1, having finished the introductory hook and now heading out of town. There's a mystery going on about Ghosts appearing and causing havoc, and they are currently heading to rescue some dwarves kidnapped by uppity goblins
- I have 2 active Players currently (RorytheRomulan, Othniel)

There are inactive Players in both that if they get active in the Forums again are very welcome to continue. Otherwise, their PCs have faded into the background

3) Extinction Curse (Pathfinder 2nd Edition) (novel setup that you are members of a traveling Circus, encountering crazy things)
- Almost literally just started, setting up the initial problem (the Ringleader has been murdered right before the opening act!). You can get super creative with whatever character concept you could think up
- I have 3 active Players currently (Grimbold, Muskrat, silverfoxmt73)
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:24 pm

War For the Crown
I'm more of the adventuring sort, but my core group did a bunch of social stuff in our current campaign. It all went to waste, but we had a great feeling - kind of like how chapter 1 of Crown went. I could give this a try and see how well I do in the intrigue department. Will send you my concepts (Fighters)

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:19 am

I'm feeling game for some War For the Crown. Always down for some political mischief. I have a basic concept worked out that I'll PM you.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:31 am

We're having fun in War For The Crown. ^_^

I'm still thinking about Extinction Curse. The playtest of PF 2e rubbed me the wrong way, so I'm suspicious of it. :P

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 03, 2022 3:42 am

Othniel - Totally fair. This is my first time really buckling down and being in a full Campaign in PF 2E. So I'm a beginner here as well, seeing how I like the System.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon May 09, 2022 8:01 pm

With my real life group we are playing Age of Ashes and it is great fun. The rules might take some time to adjust to, but they have taken basic PF1 / DnD3.5 concepts and thought them through to make characters more balanced (lots of choices, no really bad choices, no real powergaming) and fights more cooperative. I enjoy it a lot. 5 stars.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:49 am

Hey all! Life being life, some of my players have had to drop out of their respective games. So definitely room for new players if anyone is interested!

1) War for the Crown (more socializing/politicking than combat, but could start punching if you want!)
- We are just starting Book 2, where the PCs are being sent to from the Capital to the country, to try to establish a base of operations and support for the ongoing Civil War. So perfect time to come on board!
- I have 3 active Players currently (Zorbeltuss, Bohemond, RorytheRomulan)

2) Return of the Runelords (some investigation, but plenty of exploring and fighting)
- We are still early in Book 1, having finished the introductory hook and now heading out of town. There's a mystery going on about Ghosts appearing and causing havoc, and they are currently actively in a fight with kidnapping goblins!
- I have 2 active Players currently (RorytheRomulan, PrideofSkirata)

3) Extinction Curse (Pathfinder 2nd Edition) (novel setup that you are members of a traveling Circus, encountering crazy things)
- Almost literally just started, setting up the initial problem (the Ringleader has been murdered right before the opening act!). You can get super creative with whatever character concept you could think up.
- I have 2 active Players currently (Muskrat, silverfoxmt73)