First Scroll: Kyuden Bayushi

The Scorpion Clan is the first that the Empire looks to when the name 'ninja" is uttered. A recent outbreak of assassinations have turned the attention of the Empire onto them. But the Scorpion swear up and down that it is not them, and for one of the rare occasions it isn't. Something sinister moves in the dark and the Scorpion have selected a band of their shinobi to investigate who or what lurks in the dark.Run by GM Grimathor
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: First Scroll: Kyuden Bayushi

Post by MadVlat » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:30 am

Yoson looks up intently at the mention of the dark forces. "Please excuse me Shoshuro Mabuchi sama, But I have seen the darkness it even now as we speak, hovers menacingly over Otosan Uchi . Though I cannot define it, it is truly sinister". He bows as he finishes. Careful not to offend. His left hand clutches discreetly at the pouch of coins tucked in his obi. Resisting the sudden urge to use them once again...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:53 pm

Fight shadows with shadows.

For the first time this evening Shohuro Tadashi speaks, he has steped from the shadows and stands there like a piece of them broken away from its brothers. "Where are we to start?" The man's voice is smooth, calming, and a bit dangerous all at the same time. He wears only the black gi of his trade, and a small array of hidden weapons are on his person.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:24 pm

Looking to Tadashi, Mabuchi says "Unfortunately it isn't as easy as finding an enemy you know of. But from Yoson has said, I would recommend starting there perhaps. This is no easy task laid out for you and I do not expect quick or immediate results. Deal with anyone who gets in your way as you see fit. I very much expect this task to take you the length and breadth of Rokugan itself. No matter what happens you must do this, for Clan and Empire. I leave this task in your hands. There are two things you must do before you leave, however. You must decide what to do with the confused Scorpion, he has skills but his loyalty seems questionable. I will leave word with the samurai outside that you will be giving them instructions regarding him.

I suggest you take some time formulate an idea of how you are going to go about starting. Feel free to remain here as long as you like. The Kyuden's resources are at your disposal.

Do any of you have any questions of me before i take my leave?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:28 pm

"Mabuchi-sama, so you set us on a task that has a foe unknown, unseen, and unfindable. You give us no place to begin, but expect us to cross Rokugan." The shinobi in half in the shadows and half out of them smiles, not that it can be seen under his spider mask. "An Excellent task for the Scorpion."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:25 am

Unable to resist further the Scorpian clan shugenja withdraws a clean bowl from the table. At the same time producing the pouch of kwaru coins from his obi. "Mabuchi-sama if you would induldge me. I would ask you to cast these coins". He places the bowl back on the table gently in front of the mysterious man and pulls the drawstrings of the pouch open. Waiting for permission to pour the contents into his hands...
If he goes for it. Yoson will use his divination skill. Hurray for the unforseen future......
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:08 pm

Stepping forward, he extends his hand and catches the coins as they are poured into his hand. He drops them in the bowl as asked and silently waits for a response.

praguepride
Level 2
Level 2

Post by praguepride » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:22 am

Dayu moves so he can see over the shoulders to watch the coins as they fall. He looms over the shugenja like a shadow distorted against the wall.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:23 pm

From the shadows, revealed now to those in the room the Shosuro watches the table with only half his attention the other half is on the door. And what do we do now with the Daidoji I wonder?

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:38 am

Waiting on the man to answer my PM folks. Sorry for the delay.