Dieties

Grimathor's Zydarra campaign setting creation forum.
Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Dieties

Post by Grimathor » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:22 pm

Dieties aren't normally a problem for me to come up with, but since this world is more or less evil Im thinking the evil pantheon will be much larger than the good pantheon.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Dieties

Post by TetNak » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:23 pm

Does it have to be a pantheon? Why not just have one evil god? Just a thought. So many settings have a polytheistic religion(s). Maybe the god gods have abandoned the land, giving way to darkness.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:27 pm

I had considered that, and Gruumsh or someone similar would fit well into that.

I was also toying with the idea of a demon become a god, since demons are so prolific on Zydarra. Worshippers equal power after all.

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:30 pm

I had an idea for the good god. Maybe he embodies the concept of rebirth so much, that he has power cycles?

He goes from Greater Deity, on down through to Demi Power, before being reborn into a Greater Power again.

This takes a long time, but it gives the worshippers hope that one day, the world will become a good place again.

Mechanically, this would affect the domain selections for the clerics. The Reborn Lord would grant more domains to his followers when he had more power himself.

Anyways, what do you think?
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:01 am

Any or all of the Archfiends or Demon Lords could feature in pantheons (Hordes of the Abyss or Tyrants of the Nine Hells work well here). For my money, though, the guy who'll be the biggest headache will either champion the forces of goodness or the undead.

Grimathor
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Grimathor » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:01 pm

Well Orcus likes undead, so he might trying to break out on his own.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:24 pm

...And he's known for having a bone to pick with the other Demon Lords. Not a bad call.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:47 am

What about one true deity who's wordly avatars have divided into factions? All different in their approaches to reaching the same result...

With the one true diety remaining neutral in cause and concept...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...