NWoD Enhanced Damage / Realistic Combat rules

This is for House Rules, NPCs, Monsters, and conversions can go here. Discussions relating to third-party content such as DM's Guild products and submissions of publications.
EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: NWoD Enhanced Damage / Realistic Combat rules

Post by EvilMonkey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:06 pm

Just noticed Chanur's post, do you mean multiple gunshots at once or spread over a combat? Well either way I shall try to answer both possibilities as best I can.

If you are shot twice in real life, chances are, you're dead or at the very least not in ANY shape to be fighting, unless you just get winged, then you're just in lots of pain. Most humans are rather squishy and not too resistant to bullets tearing out their lungs, however that would make mortal characters rather short lived so feel free to change the rule around as you see fit (Like for instance only making it apply to bad guys). If it's still a little too lethal for you, you can simply not add the successes rolled to the damage and only use the weapons damage rating (Thgis shall hence forth be known as the "slightly Toned down lethality rule".

As for being shot by burst fire, most of the time, the only burst that will hit with every round is a 3 round burst so personally I would just add a bonus to the damage as you see fit, any burst above that still gets the same bonus as a 3 round burst though (you can send a whole lot of bullets downrange but chances are, if you're firing on full auto, accuracy has just gone straight out the window!) You're still pretty likely to hit with one or two. Depending on range of course. (Hence the related bonus to your dice pool (+1 for 3 round burst, +2 for 5 rounds and, +3 for 10) in the actual books, if you are using the "Slightly" toned down enhanced lethality rule (Only the damage rating of the weapon is subtracted from the targets health), only apply this bonus to the roll to hit and not damage) but most of them will miss unless you're at point blank range (which will be getting its own house rule sometime in the near future),

I will also be making a rule as to various locations of the body's individual hit points in case you don't wish to use the chart of glorious pain and it will also help with the overkill factor for PC's I just have to work out a few bugs first Honestly I can make about a million and one different house rules and I just might do that as it would give a great amount of diversity.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.