Random Chatter

This is the OOC forum for all the nuts and bolts of the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Game.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: For the Emperor!

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:22 pm

Doesn't say in the flavor text itself:

Dark Soul
Your soul is darkly stained, making you resilient to the effects of Corruption. Whenever you are called to make a Malignancy Test, you take half the normal penalty. See Chapter VIII: The Game Master, page 238 for details on Corruption.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:14 am

I'll try and get Renik levelled up this week, but with everything going on I can't promise..

Renik will take point & sneak around if @Vardaen needs to NPC his actions.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:14 am

I was just thinking about the Helsreach CG adaptation on Youtube and thought it would be cool to add blurbs aping the narration from the audiobook. I should probably write them sparingly to keep them potent at interesting/critical moments, but if you find it bothersome, I'll quit doing it.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:53 pm

I like the idea of some personal logs being kept.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Random Chatter

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:42 pm

Go ahead and move us with robo-dog taking point. I've got nothing to add atm.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:46 pm

Cryo Chamber looks like a good channel for the dark/grimdark stuff. I've been using DOOM 2016 ambient for dungeon-delving too, but this is a great pick for Warhammer 40k I think. I also like the visual that they chose to play with the music.

Factory Ambient [ 1 hour music mix ]

youtube.com/watch?v=kMiYB-q80yw (url in case of future site update shenanigans)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:47 pm

Oh yeah that's right on
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:01 am

@Vardaen - I've got no problems with the house rule on Seal Wounds! It is crazy good, and I've specialized almost solely in Biomancy. We needed a healer, so I built the ultimate healer. :D
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:37 pm

Yeah, I realize with that I can never hurt you so why bother with combat? If you can heal 5 targets for 1d10+6 every turn, or even for more, its kinda busted. No danger really. I'll have to do like fatal damage every shot... hmmm, that's not a bad idea too :)

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:20 pm

Here's the journal entry that I was inspired to write when we discovered the Titan underneath the cathedral in chapter 10, on page 10. (the topic is titled "Capitulus Decum: The Belly of the Beast")

It may possibly be torn and charred and then reconstructed, pending review.
[No date provided for journal entry]

Being made a servitor is a punishment dissimilar to the posthumous honour of being chosen for a new servo-skull. The body a skull is taken from has died, and the faithful spirit leaves the material universe, while their remains continue to serve after death. Throughout my life, I have clung to the notion that mind-altering procedures affecting the human body permanently taint the body's spirit, or cause the will to diminish, and therefore cause one's humanity and purity to become fainter when compared to even the lowliest civil servant. I have zealously regarded it, up to my first mission as one of the acolytes in the service of Inquisitor Sand. On that mission, my fellow acolyte, Haxtes, explained to me what it means for one to become a Princeps, and to remain so. It almost sounded like a lecture, and in knee-jerk fashion, I dismissed this Princeps as no different from a lowly servitor.

Moments later, it took me back to a serious quandary that was the subject of much conjecture and discussions during my latter months as progena, before my transfer to my Sororitas convent. Only now am I able to ruminate on and commit it to writing: when caused to be absent by permanent alterations for the glory of the Emperor, to where does that loss within an Imperial servant's will and soul evaporate? Surely it does not simply cease to be. What happens to it? I had been involved in heated discussions about this topic, during lessons and between. I argued that the machine augmentations, especially by the Adeptus Mechanicus, hamper one's ability to remain absolutely loyal to our God-Emperor, and so the operations for implementing them are no better than, the creations of Abominable Intelligence.

My fellow progena would often bring up the Astartes' Techmarines. And much to my fury and embarrassment, I learned quickly to shut my mouth in front of the Drill Abbot. I remember the first time I snapped back that the loyalty of Astartes' Techmarines - yes, the Emperor's own sons - is compromised by the Mars ideology. The pain I bore that day was not accidental. Haxtes explained that, among other prerequisites, a Princeps must prove to have a mind strong enough to withstand the bonding with the machine spirit of a Titan, and few modifications are made as possible so as to prevent the candidate from losing out to machine spirit in that bond. The following query bubbled slowly to the surface of my mind: were it not for the indoctrination of Cult of the Machine, could a Princeps keep true faith in the Emperor while maintaining the man-machine bond that gives them control over a Titan? And for the Astartes who become Techmarines, does not the Emperor love his own sons still?

I pitied them. Blessed shame weighs down my hand as I write that sentence. And yet if some were to read this, they would subject me to the excruciator and give me to the Adeptus Mechanicus to be turned into a servitor.