Questions, Comments, Concerns -- Ask Them Here

This is the OOC forum for all the nuts and bolts of the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Questions, Comments, Concerns -- Ask Them Here

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:15 pm

You guys have earned a lot of freedom to investigate as you like, but yes, the nature of this game, and of 40K is, to do as you are told till you get the chance to tell others.

However, that said, you have freedoms to set up Alter Egos, cultivate contacts and snitch and generally build your own web of agents. Granted it take XP and RP, and being on a Space Hulk about to be blown to pieces didn't really give you much options this time around.

Good to hear MWD, we will continue on then into the darkness that is the Inquisition's life. You can take the buy these Elite Advances for 200XP.

once you've all bought your XP stuff let me know so I can double check.

Also expect a bunch of down time, so you'll have a chance to RP what you are up to, like a Fellowship Phase in The One Ring RP. Plus you'll get some pay.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Gear. Jericus happens to have a lot of gelt still.

If he wants to spend 100K of it, everyone with crossed off items can return them to normal, buying new version or having them repaired. Many items are rare or hard to come by so the price is high, especially with an accelerated time frame to get them.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:32 pm

Pay the money.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:40 pm

ok. I'll go around and edit everyone's sheet

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm curious about current updates on XP and such.

I'll give everyone till Monday and then start it all back up again.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:30 pm

Sorry, having a busy week. Got called in for jury duty yesterday (didn't get picked, but still wasted a day). I'll definitely have everything ready to go by the weekend.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TrueStag
Level 12
Level 12

Post by TrueStag » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:07 am

I will probably raise my thoughness and possibly Willpower to ensure that I don't get messed over with grenades, psychic powers and that kind of thing. I hate that, and I've got a history of getting knocked down by magic or the equilant.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:43 am

Ok, I have spent my XP, raised Ballistic Skill, got some talents and Lore skills. Need to spend some money on equipment now. I have not found time to look through the equipment list though. Will do soon.

NB I think it might be cool to have our own interplanetary vehicle, a Guncutter or such, that we could use to fly around. But that might prove too expensive...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:27 am

Updated my EXP. Advanced my Willpower (now a +6 bonus!), got the Daemonology Lore, another Psychic Power (Shape Flesh), and Favored of the Warp (get to roll twice on those evil Psychic Phenomenon tables). My copy of the Rule Book has some obscuring lines in the Powers section, so I had to guess a few words here and there when I wrote down my new Power on my sheet.

I haven't really looked at new Equipment. Mainly I'd probably get Best Quality flak armor, so I'm 5 at most locations, and 7 on the chest because of that fancy breastplate. I guess I could finally invest in a weapon (haven't upgraded since character creation!). With enough bonuses on a las pistol, I might actually hit something. Ha!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:18 pm

Gear, your various broken items were re-purchased or fixed. Anything else you buy you have to use your gelt you have on sheet.

Nemidia I would suggest some better gear, perhaps the other might give you some gelt to do that.

I think its goign to be about 4 months of down time, I'll work out your salary's for that and add them to your sheet.