Character XP and Advancement - Chapter 1

This is the OOC forum for all the nuts and bolts of the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Character XP and Advancement - Chapter 1

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:25 am

With the end of Chapter its time to had out some XP

The last time you all recieved XP was Jan 09! Nearly a year ago. I think from now on I'll give out XP awards at certain breaks throughout the adventure more like I do with L5R instead of waiting until a chapter end.

I want to assign fair XP to everyone, however I also want to make sure Rego stays on par, and the new arrival for Chapter 2 also I want to get on par so that I know we are even and such. However want to make sure the 'old' characters are a bit ahead.

So with that said this is what your total should be for everything up to now.

Jericus: 1150
Haxtes: 1150
Solaria: 1150
Xanthia: 1150
Rego: 1000
Damien: 1000
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Character XP and Advancement - Chapter 1

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:25 am

I'm updating your Google Doc sheets now with the right amount of unspent XP
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:05 am

So as Chapter 1 comes to a close I'm curious for some feed back and information on what you thought was good, what was bad, and what just really really sucked.

You are now full Acolytes of the Inquisition and can consider your training over. Which really only means you are on your own more now than ever. Its time to start scrambling for position among the Inquisition to show those in charge you are worthy of their trust at this point.

The end of the chapter is going to play out like this:
Finish RP if you want in the thread.
Some time will pass where you'll all get healed eventually.
You'll be able to shop and such so you can use the loot thread or PM me your purchases or just put them on your google sheets and let me know so I can double check. You can get anything on this planet and with you limited funds I'm not terribly worried about availablity and illegalness at this point as long as you stay away from RARE and SUPER ILLEGAL we are good to go.

I'll start the next chapter shortly where I'll sum up a bit what's happened that we are skipping over OOCly.

So things on your short list todo
Spend XP
Resolve Loot Thread
Spend Thrones
Worship the God Emperor like good Acolytes
Wait for Chapter Segundus start

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:43 pm

I thought it was AWESOME!!!! You know me, I love 40k and this was great. The Adeptus Arbites have always been a favorite of mine, both in Necromunda and the tabletop game. When can we go into the Underhive or space?!?! Xenos that need punishing can be anywhere!

I'm surprised MadVlat's not beating down the door to play a Battle Sister....

I'm just glad we jived as a group and I'll try to behave myself in the future, wouldn't want to cause ripples. But I still love the Golden Throne! Can't wait to eventually get a bolt pistol and really shell out some punishment!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:08 am

Much to my surprise, I've actually been enjoying this game. I say 'surprise' because I don't typically enjoy dystiopian games. But it's been a good group with an interesting plot. I'm actaully looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:48 am

I'm glad to hear the feed back, thanks for replying guys.

I have that Bolt Pistol in mind already JP ;)

The group does seem to work well together, and with the addtion of a new character at the start of chapter 2 I'm hoping the last missing niche will be filled, it will certainly add some dynamics to the group as well. I think Trogdor with the over all Inquisition background pushing you to do various tasks to save humanity, it can still have that heroic feel even if things are still bad all over.

Still weaving some of the backstory and the party together, getting everyone firmed up and such. Things should stay interesting and as I like to try and do build on itself in a massive over all arc that is immpossible to manage as the character romp through the worlds causing havoc and enlightening the masses :)

JP: I'm also shocked MV has shown so little interest, he was in the game, remember the Imperial Guardsman Mir who got detained at the rail station moments before you road down to Corcarla District? What ever happened to him? Hmmm. (Dr.Evil Grin)

We've actually gone through a lot characters: Mir, Ishmael, Iorgo, Cimbria, and Frastus (who never joined but was very close to). Then the addition of Solaria, Haxtes, Rego and soon Damien. Only Jericus and Xanthia have been with the game from the start.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:37 am

I also enjoyed the game. At the beginning I had some difficulties getting in character and getting him to actually do things (instead of just standing round silently). But I found myself enjoying it more and more and I am liking the universe more and more. I just have bought Rogue Trader and am going through it right now. I am definitely considering running it with my pen and paper group, once we finish our current campaign (which is Warhammer FRP).

Anyway, I am warming up to Haxtes and did enjoy the game...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:15 am

I'm certainly glad to have Haxtes being played. I like the connection. And with Jericus ultimately going the chirurgeon route, it'll be even more interesting. Haxtes will have the hard sciences and technologies; Jericus will have the soft ones.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:54 pm

We have a good, rounded group. I just wish that the Medicae skill was more widely offered in the progressions for Carrer Paths. I would think that a couple of us would have bought into it by know, instead of Jericus having to go Chiurgeon if that's not what he really wanted.

And who's the new guy on the list? Anyone have any ideas what he'll be?
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Yes, ManWithDoor will be joining the group as a Sanctioned Psyker! (With Minor Healing Power) so that will be nice. I'm going to work on the opening post in a bit for Chapter 2.