Bullets, Ammo, Clips and Bookkeeping

This is the OOC forum for all the nuts and bolts of the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Bullets, Ammo, Clips and Bookkeeping

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:25 pm

Okay bullets, and tracking bullets sort of sucks, and is rather tedious!

Here is my new way of doing things, and you'll see it on your sheets.

Pistol SP Bullets - These bullets work in all solid projectile pistol class weapons (Autopistol, Stub Revolver, Stub Automatic, Hand Cannon, etc.)

Basic SP Bullets - Thesse bullets work in all solid projectile basic class weapons (Autogun, Hunting Rifle, etc...)

Shotgun Shells - These shells work in all shutgun type weapons (Shotgun, Pum-Action Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, etc...)

Bolts Shell - These bolt shells work in all manner of bolter weapons (Bolt pistols, bolters, heavy bolters, etc...)

Charge Pack (pistol, basic, heavy) - These charge packs work in the las type weapon they are designed for (pistol, basic or heavy). These are the only clips I'm going to worry about since you have to recharge them, and can't simply add new bullets to an old clip.

Clips - From now on in your gear section you'll just track total bullets for weapons (except for las charge packs) and I'll assume you have clips preloaded, etc so if you have to reload in combat. During down time you reload clips and weapons, etc. This makes things WAY simpler for my and for you. I've already gone and adjusted your sheets.

Any speicialy ammo, like man-stoppers, Spirfire bolt shells, dum-dum will be handed on a case by case, but should be listed something like this.

Man-stoppers (Pistol), or Dum-Dum (Basic) and so we'll know what sort of weapon they work in.
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Bullets, Ammo, Clips and Bookkeeping

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Another note, ammo that is loaded into the gun is listed with the weapon, and the clip is reduced as we play. So if your ammo shows 40, and you weapon shows 18/18 you really have a total of 58, but 18 of them are in your gun, and that's what I track during combat. This is how I've been doing it all along so no change in that, just wanted to comment.

Also, some folks have bullets for guns they don't have, I assume that's for 'currency' here on Iocanthos.

Also, some folks have AutoCarbines, these have been renamed to Autogun as that is what they are. Nothing changes statwises, it just always confuses the piss out of me when I see that on your sheet. This is a editing change I believe from the old module that you picked these up in, and the actual final version of the books, etc. Its still the same weapon, just with less chaos!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Works for me. I think Xanthia is one of those that has bullets for guns she doesn't have, and yes, they were bought as currency.
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:31 am

I gave you all a birthday present today. Well Trogdor sort of did. Trogdor had a nice Combat Notes sheet he made, with ranges, actions, and options listed out, a combat cheat sheet if you will. I copied it and udpated to all your sheets for you. Enjoy.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:32 am

Var, can you send me this sheet?
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:35 am

SWEET!!! YOU ALL ROCK HARDCORE!!!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:51 pm

I have finished my final (for now) version of the sheet.

It includes all the minor fixes I've made along the way to the sheet. I also includes now, Auto Calc for all your skills, speed, the new combat notes sheet, and a few other minor fixes that needed to be made.

If you would like, you may update your character to this sheet. I'm not forcing you to at this point, as I realize its a daunting task sometimes to update to a new sheet. I will however ask that sometime before the next champter starts that you upgrade to the new sheet. If I find time, I may do it for you, but I may not.

The sheet works fine on Google Docs, as always it looses the Drop Down lists so I've included 'notes' at the top of the columns so you know what you should be puttin gin there, and as always te greyed or colored out boxed are autocalc so don't edit them.

You can find the sheet in the DL section or DL directly from this link.

http://www.dicefellowship.org/~vardaen/ ... -Ver3.xlsx

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Okay the sheet was broken. Trogdor pointed out an issue, and now its fixed.

You'll wan tto DL Ver 3r1 now.

http://www.dicefellowship.org/~vardaen/ ... er3r1.xlsx

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:25 pm

Well Trogdor found one more thing with a rounding/decimal issue. Fixed.

Ver 3.2 up.

http://www.dicefellowship.org/~vardaen/ ... er3r2.xlsx