The Crow Father Fight

This is the OOC forum for all the nuts and bolts of the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Crow Father Fight

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Well, you guys won, the easy way!

That fight had 3 ways to win.

The first was to succeed on a Difficult -10, Charm or Intimidate test to snap Aristarchus out it and allow him to end the ritual -- this is exaclt what jericus did. Damien's rolls were too bad to succeed. On a note, Jericus is the only one trained in Charm, and Soliara is the only one trained in Intimidate. Remember untrained skills use half the stat instead.

The second way was to shoot out/chop out both of Skae's Eyes. Skae was The Crow Father, the Deamon Tysiak himself in possessing Skae's dead body at that point. You guessed right his weakness was his eyes, and it was -30 BS or -20 Melee to target the eyes in combat.

The third way was to just go toe to toe with the deamon until you killed it. This was going to be wicked hard.

First off its power over the mind to control you and call to you. If someone was preaching (like Rego did EVERY SINGLE FIGHT EXCEPT FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!) then each round you'd get another Willpower roll to resist the power and act normally. Since when does the cleric not preachs, tsk tsk.

So Skae's stats were something like this

WS 48, BS 20, S 55 (Mod 10!), T 53 (Mod 10!), Int 58, Per 53, WP 50, Fel 60

It had Unnatural Toughness and Strength, meaning its Str Mod was +10 so it does +10 dmg on all melee attacks! And its T of a 10 means it soaks 10 just from its toughensss, no counting armor!

Movement: 5

Wounds 37!!!!

A host of skills.

Talents: Hard Target, Lighting Reflexes, Spirnt (Which I forgot to use!), Swift Attack(two around as a full action!)

Traits: All sort of daemon traits, which gave it fear, immunity to fear, etc, etc. Also Damonic Presense so within a certina range you make WP (-10) ot in its seething aura or bad things happen to you.

Weapon: Brute strength 1d5+10I, Primitive

Oooouch.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: The Crow Father Fight

Post by Trogdor » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:03 pm

But delightfully vulnerable eyes!

Take that daemon!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:12 pm

You guys also missed a clue in the Clota, since no one 'searched' Aristarchus's room. But you can find it in the aftermath.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:40 pm

D'oh! Well I'm sure we'll be gathering up all his things in his room too ... once we finish getting over the fact that we didn't die or go insane from this.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Fight? What fight? Solaria wasn't in any fight... AGAIN!!!!

Good job guys, you two won the day for all of us. And more preaching Rego!

We were too busy trying to save the town to look through the Seer's underwear drawer...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:07 pm

I'ms ure he has some things in there that Solaria will like. His "dilicates" are rather feminine ;)

What I've discovered in this game is that they have aLOT of fear checks and the like, Willpower is quite clearly even more important than weapon skills it appears. Even with bonuses its still hard to make all the checks.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:18 pm

It also makes some of the talents that help against Fear checks a lot more useful than I thought they would be, like Resistance (Fear), Unshakable Faith, or (even better) Fearless. Of course, some of those come very late, or not at all, to many of us.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Just one thing that could of caused Rego not to preach during the battle and that can be summed up in one word, "DRUGS". I think Solaria put the wrong stuff in the injector... :lol:
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:26 pm

We can spend more and get them early per the GM approval.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:39 am

the GM not against allowing some certain elite advanaces, since it's clear you'll need/want some of these abilities against fear.