Character XP and Advancement - Chapter 3

This is the OOC forum for all the nuts and bolts of the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Character XP and Advancement - Chapter 3

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:27 pm

One thing I think might be worth mentioning Trog, is your contacts may make it possible for people to pick up a rare item or two they might otherwise fail.

For example, Xanthia just tried to get a bolt pistol, but with a 17 Inquiry and a Challenge rating of +0 she failed really really badly.

And of course Rego has a crap load of cash! And what does he need that the emperor doesn't already provide (beside better armor and mono edge on that sword!)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:31 pm

I don't want to abuse my contact. But if V is willing to let me use it to get a few things for my fellow acolytes, I'm more than willing.

Also, as it turns out, if I'm to get the things I want, I'll need another 50 or so gelt. How do we go about selling things. I'll have a few things I'd be willing to sell (like old armor, weapons, etc.) That might get me what I need.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:03 pm

You guys can sell your items along the way home at various outposts and backwater locations that need higher tech stuff for normal book value. Ammo you can only sell in full blocks, meaning full clips. Extra onesy twoesy bullets are just lost in the trade or taxed, etc.

I'm willing to let you try to find items for others on a 1 item per fellow acolyte, that means a total of 5 items, shouldn't be too much.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:06 pm

Okay guys, let me know what you want. My contact can drop the availability of things by two levels, and is an expert in Inquiry.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:25 pm

That makes it like a 60 to get rare items instead of say 17 like Xanthia trying on her own.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:11 pm

I'll go through my xp this weekend and get it set. I'll be seeling off weapons and consolidating. Armor may be a problem, though. With what Solaria got for money, she may not be getting much more then. 390 doestn't go that far for anything...

I may have to go into the bowels of the Hive and "confiscate" some stuff from gangers that don't need it anymore... ;)
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Yea, I hadn't quite realized how generous I was being with Lt. Reginald when I gave him an autopistol and a shotgun. (135 gelt worth of generous, for those counting at home!)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Solaria should seek money from Rego -- MadVlat are you alive on these boards? Need some input from the cash cow.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 pm

I know!?!?! That's why I kept the extra stub revolver to sell. Especially since Smoot didn't need it!

390 is going to be tough. I'll work it though, just number crunching. Maybe Jericus' contact can help with armor...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Trog, if you need 50 gelt for something, I can provide that for hooking me up with a Bolt Pistol and ammo for it! :)

Since I have to choose between Bolt Pistol or Mesh Armor, going with the Bolt Pistol, since I've already got flak covering all body locations. Rest of my expenditures are all small potatoes (~50 or less each).
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+