Chapter 4 - XP Spends, Comments, Complaints?

This is the OOC forum for all the nuts and bolts of the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Game.
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Chapter 4 - XP Spends, Comments, Complaints?

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Wow... That sucks. I get it and understand, not complaining. Just shot my idea of where I was going to donate most of that to in the foot.

I sold the stuff I had, added it to the 160000, then spent some. Do you want me to do the math or are you going to adjust for each character?
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:04 pm

I totally understand. Too much Monty Haul can cause real trouble.

And as you say, 25,000 is a tremendous amount.

But please say that Sand got the money and not Marr.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Its no problem and it makes sense. I might have to downsize my donations towards the war efforts on Sabbatine...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:08 pm

Okie-doke. I hadn't started shopping yet, so I won't miss the money. 25k it is. I'll submit my purchases for approval by the end of today.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:16 pm

Does kick us in the balls concerning one thing. (And yes, I would have chipped in for a guncutter!) We could have used a portion of that to buy a building and create a homebase/home for us all. Workshop for Haxtes, meditation room for Damien, Library/research for Jericus, Chapel and practice room for Rego and a giant round, vibrating bed for Solaria.

We need to look into this in the future. A homebase eventually would make sense instead of us being spread all over...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:07 pm

The massive amount of extra Gelt is taken by Sand (not Marr). You are then told that Sand has just set up a base of opperations for you out of that money. A mid-hive hab block location with a Chapel, Library, Worshop, private rooms, and other chambers you need to use. All the basic living expenses are paid for for the next 5 years.

There we go, that's better. I don't feel like things are out of hand, AND you don't just loose it all.

Seems fair? Fairer than at 40K should be at least :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:22 pm

More than fair.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:55 am

I'm glad that all 40k Adventure Packs seem to throw terrible horrors at the PCs. Or else, after such a windfall, I'd be walking around super paranoid, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The next Chapter of the campaign is that Shoe!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:38 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! More than we can ask for and super fair. I love that solution!

Fixed my money. May have enough to do some of what i want still. ;)

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:41 am

Very cool! Thanks! Working on it though very short on time.