Chapter 4 - XP Spends, Comments, Complaints?

This is the OOC forum for all the nuts and bolts of the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Game.
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Chapter 4 - XP Spends, Comments, Complaints?

Post by MadVlat » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:16 am

Excellent solution V...

Was there any change. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:03 pm

MV- How's the shopping going? Is there anything else you are looking for?
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:07 pm

Strangely, I have little that I can see to spend my cash on. I have a decent weapon and good armor. There are a few odd miscellaneous things I want, but nothing major.

About the only thing expensive I can see that I might want is a servo skull - and that's just to look cool more than anything else.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:38 am

Servo Skulls rock!!!! One of my players has one in Necromunda, damn thing has a Sting Blunt pistol on it. A flying skull with a Shocking pistol helps him out quite a bit.

Jericus would look totally badass with a Servo Skull.

Just for the group's info:

Solaria upgraded and cut down on weapons. One long gun and two pistols. That's it if you can belive it. He range is cut back a little, but still nasty.

Upgraded hand to hand a bit so I can stand toe to toe with baddies in Hand to Hand with Rego. Also upgraded melee skills to help with that and added a riot shield to go with the shack maul.

Armor is upgraded as well. NOW she looks like a real Arbite, not all piecemeal.

I will wait on the aletro ego for a bit. Still want to upgrade my Characteristics some more. After that, the Commissar alter ego is on like donkey kong...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:40 am

Yeah ... Sir Leon is kind of a big thing. *wink*

I ordered some awesome armor (which would double my AP), but unless I go hunting for another Psy-Staff, I don't have much I would spend it on. My combat skills are obviously pretty crap, so I don't care about having a nice weapon.

Maybe we could pool our money and get some sorta cool military-grade vehicle? Not that it would come into use all that much, but we would certainly be taken seriously driving around town in that. And it could open up some fun vehicle combat scenes.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:03 am

I tried looking and could find nothing with respect to what vehicles cost.

The big question I have is whether we'll be going off-planet for all of our adventures. If so, having a vehicle on Scintilla won't matter all that much.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Glad to hear you are buying and spending. I'll try and get us moving once more today. Remember to spend that XP and that coin, if you don't spend it all, that's okay, they may be time to spend it for in game bonuses (like bribes, etc) coming up. The next published mission you'll be on will keep you on Scintilla for a while, once more with Alter Egos (you ARE undercover Inquisition Agents after all).

As far as the interlude, looks like 3 folks are good with the Shrine World help Rego get a holy sword thing. How about the other 2 join in so I don't have to run 2 threads?

We'll be skipping a few month into the future (plenty of time for spending of XP and Gelt), then kick off the mini interlude, then have another few months after, then new full on mission.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:58 pm

MWD- Is there a Force weapon you could take or something else to help you focus, like an uber psykana blade or something?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:09 am

That basically was what the Staff of the Martyred Psyker was. It was a standard Psy-Staff, with a fancy name. I think I technically have enough to straight-up buy one, but felt like I was gaming the system by doing so.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:12 am

I will be looking over all purchases and approving them still. Sorry been busy.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring