New Character Sheet

This is the OOC forum for all the nuts and bolts of the Warhammer 40K Dark Heresy Game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

New Character Sheet

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:35 pm

So I started work on a new character sheet and its finished up now.

I've converted Rego over to it as my test pilot while also giving a copy to Trogdor to try out. I'll be converting your characters to it little by little. It has a much nice flow to it, all the combat and stats on one page, large fonts!, better areas for full cut and pasted Talent descriptions.

I haven't work out a spot for Psyker stuff yet, but the sheet Damien uses is pretty good as it is and will likely just port that over for him as is (perhaps with some updates).

Watch for new shared sheets going forward!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: New Character Sheet

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:36 pm

During this time I'm also double checking XP spends, and things. I found major problems with Rego's sheet.

The first is he had bought a Talent he didn't have the Pre Req for, I had to remove that. Then he had paid for 3 Sound Constitutions, but was only gaining the bonus from 2 of them!

This is why I want to do the change overs, to see if I confirm we are where we should be. Some of these guys are pretty old and we've learned alot since we started.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:02 pm

I took "Secret Tongue: Ecclesiarchy +10" with my recovered XP. I saw no prereq. for it so let me know if it is alright...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Ill check but should be fine. Mv did you look at the sheet? Thoughts on the new format. As always don't edit shaded cells.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:19 pm

Oh I found a big issue with the auto calc on firday if you inert lines, but then found a good fix via google, not excel, so once I make the changes ill move ahead. I was half way with haxtes, who has about 15 talents with all his tech, and discoverd it.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:41 am

Saw sheet and touched nothing in grey...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:59 pm

Also (or was that what you said) - the skill bonus does not calculate - it says eg it cannot find "Per".

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:34 pm

MadVlat wrote:Saw sheet and touched nothing in grey...
Or red!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Yeah, Haxtes sheet is broken, using his sheet I discovered a big issue, so I have a new version 1.2 that I'll have to reuse for Rego and Haxtes, as the fix is really big.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Okay Rego is on the new sheet, MV, check, make sure you are on the right sheet now. Should be clear which one, jut delete the other "new" one.