Not So Basic Training: Shattered Hopes

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Not So Basic Training: Shattered Hopes

Post by eldritchknight » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:11 am

Cambria follows the others to what appears to be the command center of the area, carrying her las pistol.

Her red eyes scrutinize the Guardsmen, and turn to Jurtz when he speaks, and swing to the Sergeant at the sound of his voice. As he speaks, her eyes narrow, suspicion flaring within them as he disparages the Inquisition.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:40 am

Jericus comes to a halt next to Ishmael, staff in hand and a stern look on his face. He says nothing, knowing that anything he says will actually detract from whatever impact his appearance has.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Trying to defuse the tension between the two, "I'm sure the sergeant meant nothing by his words. Surely he is man with worries and duty heavy upon his shoulders. We are all men and women of the Imperium here, and those of use that do not walk in the light shall be incinerated by it's Holiness. Tell me, Sgt... what poisons the hearts of your troops, so that they serve without the fevor of the Faithful?" The priest smiles at the man, the tatoo on his forehead twisting about as he does so. The Ministrium has it's puposes for sending him, and Iorgo will find out why...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:01 pm

The Sergent replies, but to whom is sort of a mystery as his words don't relly seem like an answer to any question you have asked him. A long pause and then. "Riiiiiight. So, the Inquisitor isn't coming.' This isn't a question. 'œI suppose I'd better let the Commissar know you're here'¦ sirs.' With that, he makes ready to leave, but as he turns, his crude cybernetic arm starts to shake and the attachments start spinning, swooshing, snapping, and make a terrible racket. Raynard curses, runs his hand down the length of the metal rod, whispers a prayer and pushes a button. Immediately, the device settles down. He starts heading off toward the hab-block. As he marches, the you all hear tittering laughter coming from out of a nearby tent.

Lurtz looks totally forelorn, his hopes of the Inquisitor himself coming to save the day is as broken as the back of one of the Guardsmans under the care of the local med-tent. The boy shurgs, the charm of the Acolytes' arrival lost with this realization. His sullen features sag as he shurgs and makes up his mind to return to his post.
These two situations present a few options. Like in any game there are diplomatic skills. In 40K the most relevant are he Skills Charm and Intimidate. I think they are fairly obvious which one is the nice one, and which one is the less nice one.

Since this is the intro game, now is a good time to RP using one of said skills (or both or neither!) if you want to get more info out of people.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:52 pm

Ishmael frowns at the sergeant, but then turns to Lurtz and smiles. "Lurtz?" he asks after hearing the sergeant yell out his name earlier. "We know something is happening, and if we find out what, maybe then the Inquisitor will come." He pauses for a moment, "Come on, tell us what you saw, what is happening here?"
Using Charm/Fellowship
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:25 am

Jericus holds his tongue for the moment. Ishmael seems to be doing a good enough job. No sense interfering. Instead, he looks around at the other soldiers nearby. Many will have heard the sergeant's exclamation that the Inquisitor won't be coming. He wants to gauge what their reaction is. Were they all relying on the Inquisitor to save the day? And have they all lost hope now that a pack of scrubs have been sent in his place?

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:47 am

Mir looks at the medical tent and then back to the rest of the unit. "Perhaps the dying will have the answers we seek". That said he begins to navigate the rubbish until he arrives at the shelters flap...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:40 pm

Iorgo looks around, equally distressed about the condition of camp morale. He decides that perhaps it is time to assist his fellow Hunters and give them some cover... Holding the chailce shaped icon hich in the air, he yells, "Flock to me, children of the Imperium! Flock to me, o' lambs of the God-Emperor! See that his light has not faded! Shines upon the faces of the Faithful it will always do! Come and listen to the words and deeds of those before you! Bolster your fading courage with my song!"
I'll be using Common Lore to pick a suitible, uplifting song about the victories of the Cadian Army. (They're Cadians , no?) And then Performer (Sing) to belt it out to the troopers, hopefully steeling their nerves when they remember their past victories!!!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:35 pm

Xanthia stands right where she is, immobilized in thought. Then suddenly a wry smile crosses her face. She starts walking off towards the tent from which she heard the laughter. As she walks off she turns toward her comrades and says; "I'll be back in a short time and I should have the information we seek." With that she switches her walk from that of a soldiers march to a more graceful, fluid motion.
Imagine a catwalk model moving towards the tent.

eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Post by eldritchknight » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:17 am

Cambria, seeing her comrades doing well seeking information, decides that she would go with Mir into the med tent, hoping to their intimidate knowledge out of someone if Mir dosen't get any information out of the dying.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)