Not So Basic Training: Shattered Hopes

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Not So Basic Training: Shattered Hopes

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:38 pm

"I do not wish to be bound. Death is where things like me belong. It would not look favorable upon any of you, should someone find that I was helped or set loose..." He appreciates the man's words and part of him does, in fact, wish to live. But what kind of life would it be? Hiding in the sewers and underbelly of a Hive World...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:45 pm

Ishmael frowns, "You need to tell your own story, to the Inquisitor." He thinks to just shoot Iorgo, but he does not. "I will let you decide your fate, save from fleeing from us. You have two choices." The man sighs, "Do what you suspect the God-Emperor would want of you."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:43 am

Mir stands quietly as the mutant now hands his things over to the rest of the unit. He thinks quietly to himself about how much more useful Iorgo has been than the commandant of the strike force. He steps forward and addresses both Ishmael and Iorgo. "If you can not I will honor Iorgo's last request whatever it should be". He gives a slight bow to the pair. Something uncommon for the ex guardsman...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:21 am

Ishmael's eyes linger on Mir. "I do not concern myself with executing a mutant." The older man sighs, "But this one has an important tale to tell. I would be remiss, and my life would be forfeit, if I did not do what was necessary. If that necessity is to she Iorgo live, at least long enough to speak to the Inquisitor, than I shall do just that."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:54 am

"Perhaps your right. Though I believe Iorgo has a say in his destiny. At least once the inquisitor is done with him". Mir turns away having said his piece and walks away...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:02 pm

"I can and will speak to the Inquisitor, if you all believe it that important. But promise me you will send me on my way once it is done. I will not become their lab rat or experiment. I cannot...." A small part of him relishes in the idea of living a few more moments, but the rest of him is scared beyond all understanding.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:41 pm

The group continues to debate the fate of the fat headed mutated once cleric of the Imperium. The suggestion that the Inquisitor will personally speak to Iorgo is a pipe dream. There is one Inquisitor for nearly all of the Calixis Sector and while he travels around the galalxy doing the good work of the God Emperor, it isn't likely you will have the ability to bring Iorgo before him, the chances you are where he is, are just too slim.

The group is well on its way to the surface now, Iorgo stripped od his gear, willing given up. Soon you will reach the great plug that seals the mines, guarded by the Commandant of the Imperial Guards unit (not a strike force designed to deal with heresy).

With each step you are closer and closer to the surface, bypassing various dangers on the way, taking the long way around, or making it past the various dangers with team work and determination. You have returned to the first chamber you found filled with knee deep black water, the ceiling valts high above, and the flooded chamber requires your crossing once more. Beyond, not far, the entrance plug...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:05 am

Mir wades right in determined to reach the surface as soon as possible. His axe withdrawn once again, glimmers as does the blackened waters surface. The former guardsman looks forward to burning the now drenched uniform of his last command. His eyes dance back and forth watching for anything that could be a possible threat to himself or the others...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:44 pm

"What might be best," Jericus says as they walk, "is for you to prepare a full report for the Inquisitor." 'for the Inquisitor' in this context meaning, of course, 'for the Inquisitor's staff.' "I have experience with such reports and would be happy to help you with it."
I've had no other use for Literacy, Lore (Administratum), and Trade (Copyist) up until now. Maybe now I can actually show why we need an adept in the group. ;-)

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:00 pm

"I appreciate your offer. I want to help in any way, but I will not become a freak in a cell. That much is for sure." Iorgo keeps walking along, thinking on the darker side of the Imperium.