Not So Basic Training: Shattered Hopes

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
eldritchknight
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Not So Basic Training: Shattered Hopes

Post by eldritchknight » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:23 pm

Cimbria watches as the mutated cleric prepares to meet his end, and shakes her head.

If it were up to me, she thinks to herself, He would have been dead the moment he showed corruption. Bit at least he knoes his duty. That's more than can be said for most mutants.

"You show devotion to your duty, mutant. I despise what you are, what you represent within humanity, but can only admire your dedication to your duty. You are the only mutant that I can say that about. May the God-Emperor accept your tainted soul."

With that she turns her back on the mutant, and waits for the doors to the outside world to open.
Meesa take down quote to get in game:)

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:22 am

The hardened veteran gestures for the now mutant priest to move forward. His actions more of a request than an order. Emotion is not the former guardsmans best trait. As he slips in behind the man/ mutant. Slowly his las pistol withdraws from its holster. A click of Mir's thumb and the weapon begins to charge, emitting a high pitched whine. Forty or so paces pass and he calls to the man quietly. "This will be far enough. I will not offer pity for it is not the way of my kind. Instead I will offer one last look upon the open sky beyond the great seal. That you may take with you a last memory of wonder". The big man then falls silent once again. Waiting for the world to be revealed to his comrade and thus his end...
30 seconds after the great seal is fully opened. Mir squeezes the trigger and discharges the weapon into the back of the mutants bulbous brain pan. Shielding his face from back spray with the other arm.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 pm

The seal is opened only partially, wide enough to let you each exit, yet that is enough to see out into the world beyond.

*KABLAM*

The laspistol discharges into the back of the head of Iorgo blowing his oversized brain out, spraying blood and grey matter onto Mir's chest and his arm that covers his face. The Cleric falls forward, dead...
Feel free to give a really nice death pose.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:27 pm

Xanthia doesn't say anything to the soon-to-be-deceased mutant. She does give a curt nod of the head though, respecting his decision to end his life and end the mutant abomination that he has become.

She is slipping through the seal as the blast goes off. Knowing that the mutant is now dead, she greets the fresh air of the surface.

She steps aside, allowing others to exit as a few drops of blood drip from her ear.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Iorgo sees the sky past the seal, as ashen as it is, and thinks back to life before all this. He wonders for a moment what he could have done or accomplished had he not been tainted. But all that disappears. His last thoughts lay upon the albino and his words to Ishmael. He only hopes they are heeded, his last act for humanity. As the breach opens far enough for the first shred of light to sneak in, he smiles, happy to have seen it one last time....then into the black.........
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:08 am

Mir's arm slowly drops away from his face. The echo's of the blast disapating into the vast caverns. He reholsters his weapon and removes the glove from his right hand. Facing away from the others within the shadows of the cave he wipes away the single tear that runs down his cheek. "In another life my friend", He whispers. He pulls the priests outer cloak free and drapes it over the mans partial head. Tying it in place with the shoelace from his own boot. He kneels a second more then hefts the corpse over his shoulder. Rising and carrying the body into the greyed sky beyond the seal...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:43 pm

The group walks out of the mines and into the grey skys outside. Mir has Iorgo's corpse up over his shoulder, straining against the bulk of the heavy cleric. The group arrives outside to a patrol of Gruardsmen with their rifles aimed right at you all. Once they realize you are not mutanted, or enemies trying to fool them, they lower their rifles.

The young guardsman Jurtz comes running up to the Acolytes to be with his rifle in hand. "You made it back! Well? Did you do it? Of course you did! Oh its so amazing, I told the other guys the Inquisition would take care of things." His voice turns a bit sober, "Did you see Hastus? Is he alright?" His eyes flash to the body of Iorgo up over Mir's shoulder covered in his own cloak.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:21 pm

I can feel the love! Thanks, guys.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:24 pm

Ishmael looks at Jurtz and shakes his head. "If your friend was in there, he is no longer alive." Ishmael than simply continues walking, heading toward the offices of the local officer in charge of this operation.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:16 pm

Jericus gives the guardsman a sympathetic look. Having grown up in a war zone, he knows what it is to lose friends. "I'm afraid we only found one survivor," he says, knowing that will offer scant comfort. "I wish I could offer you better news. But it's more important that you know the truth." He glances at his companions and then back at the guardsman. "I'm sorry," he adds, "but we need to make our report now." Then he turns and follows the others towards the the officer in charge of the mine.