Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness - Arbites

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness - Arbites

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 20, 2008 4:22 pm

"Foolish are those that fear nothing, yet claim to know everything."
-Lexiconum Moralis
Image The Adeptus Arbites are the Lawgivers and the Judges in the Imperium, and on Scintilla there is no difference. Not just anyone can join the ranks of the Arbites, but only the most loyal and dedicated men and woman are gifted enough to pass judgement on those that break the great laws of the God-Emperor. For years now the girl Solaria has attended the Arbitus Univerisitia Judgementila. Her time has shaped her from a girl to a woman, and she has excelled among her peers.

The years have been grueling, difficult both mentally and physically, but also spiritually. Within her last few months her training has changed and taken on a bend that lends itself toward the Inquisition. Private classes and rigourous studies in the field have taken their toll on Solaria and her fellow classmates. They number only five, the top five of her class have been singled out for some great purpose. Each day they are visited by a black robed man who seems to hold great sway over her instructors and the other Arbites in charge. The questioning is intense, it delves into heretical subject matter, but only to denounce it over and over. One young man is removed from the five, and they become four, Solaria will never see him again in this life.

When graduation time is near her and the others are prevented from attending the cerimonies, they are transfered from the Arbite Temples and University to unnamed sector of the Hive Sibellus. Assured that all is well they are spilt up, and the only explaination is that the God-Emperor has great plans for them. Solaria finds herself living a life she had never expected. She was ready for glorious combat in the name of Justice, but has begun to fester in the mid Hive surrounded by scum and villany.

Yet she has steeled herself against it and has put her teachings to use running down petty criminals and narco-gangers that dare to wander up from the lower hives into her area. From time to time agents from the Arbite Temples come to check on her, and to leave her money or supplies. "A while longer Solaria Child, and you will have your answers. Loyalty through Obdiance." So she continues on in obscurity, slipping with each day from the memory of her glorious days among the top of her class.

Today is like any other of the last few months. It is dark in the mid Hive, and there is nothing to do but watch the forge workers trudge off to work in the morning, or the evenging or the middle of the night as the great foundries here never shut down. The hovel she lives in is nothing, worse than her dorm room in the Arbite trainee hab-block. Those others that live around here don't know her history, they don't know she was only days from gradutation as an Arbite. She has no authority, she bares no seals, and why she has been exiled like this was never explained.

It is late at night now, and Solaria finds herself standing outside the door that leads into her hovel. The first shift of workers are trudging home, men and woman, children as young as ten move down the arrow streets to the places they call home.
Welcome to the mini Solo for jigglypuff69. Please go ahead and post here for now JP. The game is on. I know it might seem vauge at this point, but things will get rolling quickly
Last edited by Vardaen on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness - Arbites

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue May 20, 2008 5:05 pm

The tall, lanky woman adjusts her flak helmet slightly, seating it on her long hair. Her eyes watch each person passing by, scutinizing them, cataloging them. She begins to walk, slowly, each step measured as the Arbite makes he way through the compressed reubble that was once palaces hundreds of years ago. Solaria longs for the day she can proudly display her Arbite badge, but can only wait for the moment. Her left hand swings a baton around, while her right thumbs the top of an autostub. Luckily for the people hear, she hasn't used it much and only in the times of greatest need. Getting out of her hovel can't be called a relief when compared to the streets she patrols daily, but it is something. Something to take her mind off her parents and the lives they once lived in the factories of her far off Hive World...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 20, 2008 6:06 pm

Solaria begins to patrol down the street, she has no real authority, had she graduated with the rest of the Arbites she would be able to do all sort of things to these people should they break the Emperor's Law. As it stands now she does what she can out of devotion, and personal desire, and some people in the hab-block have come to trust her. Walking down the street she twirls her baton when she spots someone out of place among the crowds.

Standing in the dead center of the street, forcing the timid people of the Hive to skirt around him is a black robed figure. Sickly pale hands sick out of the black robe, and the heavy cowl that is pulled up over its head hides its face. One hand bares a collection of bio implants, tubes and cables. The people give the figure a wide berth parting like the sea around him.

Solaria can feel unseen eyes peering out from under the shadowy cowl staring her down, unmoving, unblinking.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:54 pm

The would-be Arbite watches the man in cloak for a bit, the moves in his direction. They trust me here. They need me here... Twirling the baton, he athletic form stops a few armlengths from the cloaked figure. Hand resting on the autostub, "I haven't seen you around these parts, before. What brings a citizen of Imperium into these unholy places?" If trouble erupts the pistol will be fine. She can feel the weight of the shotgun on her back and that in of itself gives much comfort.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 20, 2008 9:04 pm

"All men are citizens of the Imperium." The voice is weak and sickly, but there is more to it than its physically strength. Something in it bespeaks a twisted soul. "Unholy?" The cowled head turns from side to side, "The Midhives of Sibellus are far from unholy Arbite." He drags out the title, a title that no one that lives in these hab blocks would know. "If you lived among the unholy, what would you do? Would you stand by idle? I doubt it very much Arbite, I doubt it very much." Before she realizes it, the citizens have quickly scampered off the street and the two stand alone in the middle of the road, above them more Hive, below them even more Hive. All around the pressure of the skyless Hive Sibellus weighs down on the two.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:42 pm

Solaria takes a step back, firming her stance. If need be she can have the pistol leveled at the man's head in a wink of an eye. "How do you know me? I have not yet been given title!" Her eyes dart back and forth, taking in the now empty street. "I have never stood by idly, nor would I. I do what I can for these people and see that the Imperium's Justice is done. What rank do you have to question me, citizen?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 20, 2008 10:00 pm

The man coughs, ahacking sickly coough. "I have all the right of our Adepta to question you and give you commands Solaria." The necrotic hand produces a badge of office baring the rank of Magistrate, his authority can not be questioned now. "I have been watching you, all of you. Very tallented the four of you are, you are the most promising of your class." He produces a small satchel and offers it to the woman. "Tomorrow you will get your wish, a chance to walk among the unholy and mette out the Justice of the Emperor, to protect the Imperium, and to defeat heresy." He wipes his nose under his heavy cowl and with draws his white hand covered in green-yellow mucus. "Trooper Solaria, you are to report to duty with the Inquisition. They have found something that interests us, and a chance to prove your worth is at hand. Succeede and be rewarded, fail, and forfit your soul to the darkness. To remain among us, you must leave us." In the satchel is a mark of the Arbites, but more importantly are bone fides that name Soliar and Acolyte of the feared Inquisition. Along with them are directions and intelligences on where and when to be tomorrow. "You belong to them, and to us, your chance for failure is doubled." The black cloaked man takes a single step backwards, the satchel still in his hand gets just that much further from Solaria's grip. Will she take it?

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:11 pm

Solaria reaches out for the satchel and takes it. The badge, proving her membership to the Adeptus Arbites, the foremost on her mind. With that, all her dreams can be met! As her hand grasps the bag, she looks into the darkness of the cowl. "Forgive me Lord Magistrate, I was just doing the Imperium's will..." She bows her head and accepts the bag and all the responsibilities that go along with it. "Loyalty through Obediance, Lord Magistrate..."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 21, 2008 5:09 pm

The Magsitrate takes another step backwards, "Remain suspicous, it shall be your shield against heresy. May the Emperor Protect you Trooper Solaria." The grey skinned man slips his hands back into his robe and as he turns to leave you catch the glint of a bio implant in one of his covered eyes. Without another word the Magistrate stalks back down the way he came, and turns a corner vanishing from Solaria's life for the time being.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu May 22, 2008 4:44 pm

"I will, Lord Magistrate..." She says to herself. Solaria then takes the badge of the Arbites and reverently pins it on her mesh vest, where two grommet holes have been waiting for too long to receive the treasure. The woman looks down and makes note of the number etched in the metal, 4254. A smile crooses her lips and she places the rest of the bags contents in her pack for the moment. "Back to work." The now Arbite takes off down the street at a brisk walk, a new light shining inside her, and does her routine sweep of the area for the day. For tomorrow holds a new challenge and the opportunity for glory...