Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Alms House - Victory

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:32 pm

The cleric Rego Pertinax moves forward, his massive great sword dripping with the blood and effluent of the last Body Snatcher. He steps, chops and slays the second Body Snatcher just like that. His massive blade rips through the flesh and ribcage of the enemy mutant knocking it to the ground where in he kicks it square in the jaw shattering the teeth in the mouth of the beast. Yanking his blade free, the last of the enemies is dead, crushed under the bootheel of the Acolytes!
Rego: Move (Ganged Up: Out number foe in melee 2:1 +10) 43 vs 53 Hit Body for 19Wounds '€" 3AR '€" 4 T= 12 Wounds, DEAD!
Haxtes then hurries froward to his Adept brother and unhooks his eletrograph biotic implant and jacks into the consol. Jericus begins to try and help decipher the various notes and writings both on scrap pieces of paper attached to the consol and on the display screens. Offering a prayer to the Omnissiah Haxtes begins to type away at the keypannel. The two brothers work furiously, and the eletric sparks and smoking containters attached to the computer framework eventually and slowly begin to stop threatening to blow. A few key strokes later and the Tech Priest of Mars nods, "The spirit of the machines is soothed." Success!
Haxtes: [Jericus Aid: Ciphers 34 vs 42 Success] +5, Electro Graft Use +10, Tech Use 13 vs 63 Success!

Great work, no boom-boom. I allowed Jericus to add some bonus there with his Cipher's skill as you see as he helps decode the Churgeon's mad ravings.
The Churgeon has escaped, racing to the elevator lift Xanthia, Soliara, and Rego peer down, and can see no sign of her! She has moved far faster than you might anticipate, and likely by now she's long gone. There are other noises coming from the shaft, and outside. The sounds of riots and the scum of the Corsarla District panicing and seeking refuge here as whatever terrible fate that awaits them outside has diven them inside. In the mean time Haxtes and Jericus are working to stop the exploding power sources and the Tech Priest has done just that.

The battle is over, and you stand in the heart of heresy, right in the middle of your goal.
Great fight all! Sorry for the dealy there, Thanksgiving and all. We are quickly reaching the end of this chapter, you have defeated the Churgeon (but she did escape) so lets see what's left here.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: The Alms House - Victory

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:23 pm

"Solaria turns from the elevator shaft, "Truly the Emperor's might was gifted to you, Father Rego..." Walking back towards the tanks and such, "I think we should get our sample. Haxtes, is it possible to download any information to use as further proof of the Cog Witch's treason? That may help our employers as well as the flesh samples we will take."

Solaria starts to look around in drawers and such, trying to help the others find anything else that might help them gain proof of the churgeon's plans.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:37 pm

I still say that Xanthia should have a couple of grenades. One of them would have been a great farewell gift to the Chirurgeon. :-)

Still, given how things worked out, I'm not sorry that I shot the machinery and not her.

"I'll take the samples of her foul creations," Jericus says, pulling out the two remaining sampling vials. He makes no mention of the danger that they have just avoided, nor his part in avoiding it. "But yes, I'm sure that our superiors would welcome any further information about the nature of her heresy that we can provide."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:47 pm

The Tech-Priest Haxtes nods in thanks to Jericus and then looks up from his seat: "Operation completed."

If he is able to download information, he will say: "Do you want to download the files? Yes? No? Abort?"

If he is not able to download anything, he just looks around for any information that he can find.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:51 pm

"Yes please, Haxtes.", Solaria says looking up from her work for a moment.
A grenade would have been a perfect parting gift! I'm glad you shot the machines as well, I don't think the one or two pot shots that we could have taken would have brought her down anyways. Looks like someone's going to have to find a plasma pistol or melta-gun for the next time we meet her... :wink:
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:17 am

The group then begins to loot the chamber, the goal is gathering as much evidence and samples as possible. Everything you need to make Inquisitor Sand happy can be found here. The sample jars Jereicus has are filled up with living samples of the strange worm like creatures. Haxtes downloads a large portion of the database into a dataslate and encrypted against possible theft. Solaria collects bits and pieces of notes, and other pieces of interest. There is much heresy here, too much for your group to collect effeciently and quickly. You spend nearly thirty minutes making sure you have everything you easily gather, including some sample jars found on shelves, as well as parts off the Body Snatchers. Besides the heretical evidence you find a few other items more suitable for your own pockets and those items are also taken.
I'll add to the loot thread. But you got all all the evidence, and samples, etc
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:10 am

"Let us get what we can. I can clear the way for us when we get downstairs. We still have no idea what the explosion was, as well..." Solaria finishes stuffing her pack with what evdence they have found and anything else that can't be carried.

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:08 am

"Sometimes, His will is to smile on me, sister," Rego says to Solaria as the body snatcher falls to the ground with a wet, slick thud. "And it seems your master will be pleased, whoever they are. Perhaps I should meet them, and see for myself why they want these foul organs and samples."

"As for the rest, we should burn it all."

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:32 pm

I wish I had grenades. Don't see any on my sheet though. Oh well.
Xanthia rushes about trying to help out where she is able to. The collection itself really isn't her thing, but she does what she can.

A couple of times during the collection process, a noise is heard which causes her to whip around, with both the sword and the gun flashing to her hands. At one point, she goes so far as to reskewer a corpse because she thought it was making a sound.

Even at the end of the collection process, she's still jumpy.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:33 pm

"I agree, but wih on condition. et us give the people al the food stores below in the kitchen. It is the Faith and bodies of the citizens that uphold the Imperium of Man. They cannot be overlooked. It is our duty to serve them, too." Solaria hefts her back and retrieves her auto-carbine. Armed to the teeth once more, the woman is ready when everyone else is. She will retrieve any other weapons as they go, for weapons always are a good trade item and/or seller...