Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Edge of Darkness - End Game

Post by Trogdor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:30 am

"Yes, sir," Jericus says simply, taking his money from the second box. Beyond that he asks no more questions, nor offers any more additional information.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:17 am

"Congradulations, Acolytes!" Solaria grabs Xanthia and gives her a warm hug. Still holding the other woman about the waist for a moment, Solaria turns to the others. "So where are our headquaters to be? We could save some of th e weapons and extra ammo and start a loaner pile. You know, when we loose equipment or it's destroyed on duty. That way we'd have they ability to easily replace it..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:55 pm

Sand's voice comes over the voxbox under the mirrored glass window. "Remain close, I shall call on you all again soon, the Imperium has many foes. Emperor's Protection to you all, you may go now." The light behind the mirror fades, and the glass returns to his mirroed finished. You can barely hear noises from beyond now as Sand returns to his work in isolation.
I forgot to add the 100 Thrones to the loot thread, but I'll do that just to keep things together.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Haxtes has listened quietly and his mind buzzes. If it is the Machine's will that he serve the inquisition, so be it. His face stays devoid of emotion as he stands there unmoving.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:06 pm

"So where do we go for more supplies and stuff? I wonder if there's an Imperial Trade post around?" Solaria reaches down into her pack and pulls out a flask witht he Arbite's creast on the outside. She pops the top and takes a swig, shudddering as the warm liquid slides down into her belly. Solaria holds the flask out, "Amasec anyone?"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:45 pm

"No thank you," Jericus replies to Solaria's offer. Growing up he'd seen too many people turn to such things as an escape. And from what he had seen, it was often more of a prison than what the people were trying to escape from.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Xanthia grins slightly as Solaria goes off on another of her tangents. "A headquarters is a good idea. We'll need some place to crash at least."

Slowly she extricates herself from the other woman's grasp. The lure of the cash is more of a draw. She makes her way over to the cash box, drawing out her own set of thrones. After pocketing her own set, she pulls out sets for the others that haven't picked their own up yet, tossing them over when they are ready.

"Well, we should probably be off..." She waves aside the offer from Solaria's flask.
I can't remember... we're on a planet where we really don't have homes, right?

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Solaria shrugs and takes another small sip. Amasec isn't her usual thing, but a victory drink seemed appropriate at teh moment. She takes the money and secures it in her pack, readying her things. With two long guns and a pistol, not too many people should give trouble at this point. "There's always cheap lodging out in the Hive, especially in the lower parts. Just have to watch out for the gangers, ripper jacks, millasaurus', sump spiders and such." She smiles at the last part, the idea of going into the Underhive more of a joke than anything.

DoomulusPrime
Level 12
Level 12

Post by DoomulusPrime » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:57 am

Rego, is slightly taken aback when Interrogator declares his reassignment to the inquisition. "This is an honor. Long have I wished to administer the Emperor's will where it is needed the most. It seems my hopes for a transfer to the Imperial Guard were... insufficiently ambitious."

He bows as Sand leaves, then picks up his Throne Gelt and addresses his fellow Inquisitors for the first time.

"I am afraid I cannot guide you to good lodgings. Coscarla District was my home all these years, and it is not wise to return. Perhaps we should look around. We may find useful equipment on the way as well."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End: Edge of Darkness

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:12 pm

One by one the group collects their Throne Gelt, catching the small bags that Xanthia tosses at them.

The addition of Rego to the group as an Acolyte is a true honor for the man and he shows the proper respect for his appointment.

As the group talks of where to go and what to do you exit the chamber and finds the servoskulls outside already have something in mind for you, leading you out of the building and into the greater Adminstratum Hive...
I'm not worried about lodging, the Emperor Provides, and you are set up with minimal housing in a nearby district where the Inquisition can keep tabs on you and get in easy contact. At this point its a shabby little place that will house all of you temporarily until you can later find your own sort of place. Sand wants you close at hand so you are only a few levels down from his general location.

At this point the chapter is rolling to a close. I'm locking this thread and will attempt to start the new one today or tomorrow. Please resolve all items on the loot thread over the weekend as well. Some of you have given me XP spendings, others haven't. Chapter 2 will start about a week after this one ends, giving you time to train, shop and heal.

Way to go all, this was pretty fun and considering it was a bit of a mystery story at the start you handled things very well and nothing seemed to stall out. We can start to get into the nitty gritty things and into a wider scope of the universe as well now.
"Place your fath in the Emperor, and always carry a big gun."
- Mordechai Voght, High Marshall
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring