Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness - Hab 7-17

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness - Hab 7-17

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:53 pm

Lily's fear washes from her as the gun is put away, but hearing that Jericus was a partner of her brother she looks relieved. The soft tones Jericus takes with her is just what she needs it seems, she was expecting trouble, rightly so, but whatever that trouble was, you are not is.

Then a look of death washes over her face, "His death?!" She was just standing up when Jericus tells the girl, for the first time, that her brother is dead. She collapses back onto the floor from the shock.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:26 am

"I'm sorry," Jericus says, and he puts a hand on her shoulder. Real compassion tinges his voice. For he still remembers, all these years later, the shock of learning that his mother had been killed by 'collateral damage' in a battle when he was barely in his teens.

"He died on a train three days ago," the archivist explains. "Drug overdose is what the shields who found him say." He gets a sour look on his face. "They're supposed to tell the family first," he adds with a grumble. "But they get lazy." He shakes his head. "Sorry to be the one to have to break the news."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:02 am

Haxtes lowers his laspistol, ducking it back into the folds of his robes. He takes a step back, watching, seemingly idly at the conversations occurring before him. He, unlike Jericus, shoes no sympathy for the woman's loss even though his parents were Jericus' parents.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:34 pm

Lilly looks up, "I knew he was in trouble, I... well I didn't want to admit he might be dead." She tosses her bag into the middle of the room and gets up to her feet. "Drug overdose? Saul didn't do drugs, he's no NarcoGanger." She wipes some errant tears from her eyes and tries too be strong. "Are you sure?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:52 pm

Haxtes interjects, "What did he do, then? We know, as we are here, that he is dead. Do not let sentiment cloud your judgment. Now, speak the truth." The Tech-Priest looks as though he is capable of bringing the laspistol up again and firing in an instant.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:37 pm

Lilly wipes her face, the tears smearing on her dirty face, "What did he do? He was a Combine Worker like everyone else in this Emperor Forsaken hive. He was a good man..." she gulps down hard, "...how did he really die? Who are you people?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:41 pm

The Tech-Priest draws silent immediately. He waits for Jericus to answer, as he is the 'talker' of the two. Haxtes keeps his hand near his laspistol, if needed, although it appears that this woman knows nothing of her brother's more nefarious activities.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:37 pm

"As far as we know," Jericus replies, "your brother did die of a drug overdose." He tilts his head to the side in a slight show of sympathy. "Of course," he adds, "it's possible that it wasn't self-inflicted. Sometimes people," he carefully uses a neutral term, "will force drugs on someone to make a murder look like an overdose. Maybe that's what happened."

"Of course," he adds, "if that's the case, we'd like to know who did it as much as you do." He nods his head absently. "Your brother owed our employers some money. And it may be that whoever killed him took that money."

Jericus turns his head suddenly and looks right at Lilly. "You said he was in trouble," he asks quickly. "What kind?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:34 pm

Lily swallows hard, but she seems to be calmed down, and is accepting that her brother was murdered. "To be honest, Saul had been drinking a lot, drowning his sorrows and sleeping it off. By the time I realised that he'd vanished he'd been gone for days. I looked everywhere. I even went into the Worker's Union to look for him, even though the place makes my skin crawl. Everyone just stared blankly back at me and I knew, I knew!Something terrible had happened.' She moves and sits down on the bed collecting herself, but clearly she is still very frightened of both men.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:33 am

"If your brother was killed," Jericus says, "then the people who did this to him hurt us as well." He isn't so crude as to say that dead people can't pay their debts. But Lilly can certainly guess what he means.

"Can you tell us who your brother has been seeing lately, or who where he's been going? That might give us a clue who did this to him."