Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness - Hab 7-17

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Capitulus Primoris: Edge of Darkness - Hab 7-17

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Lily nods, she just opens up and spills her guts to the two men. "He's been drinking alot lately, everyone has ever since the Combine shut down. There isn't much to do here in the Hive if you don't work for the Combine and with it shut down most of us are out of work now. He had mentioned leaving Corscarla, about seeking a life else where, but he was indentured to the Combine and even if they weren't using him for labor he couldn't leave. Then the disaperances started, every night another person gone... I was coming to see Saul about leaving, even against the Combine's wishes, but he was gone." She looks up, "Look mister I don't know who you are or what you really want with my brother but its not safe around here anymore. It ain't been safe in a along time for any of us. I know I should have left last night, but I was hoping Saul would come home, foolish I know, but he's my brother... was my brother." She wipes some tears from here eyes. "I probably shouldn't have told you any of this. Warden Locan told me not to but what harm is there now? He made me swear by the God-Emperor and by Saint Drusus not to mention this again, especially not to the other enforcers. It was strange but I believe he was even more frightened than I was that day I found him alone in the Square." She swallows hard and stands up trying to be strong.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:56 pm

Jericus looks at Lilly with a certain amount of sympathy in his eyes. He remembers how it feels to lose your family. And while the feelings are carefully contained, they remain nonetheless. "We want to know who killed your brother," he says in a friendly tone. "And we want to know why. Our reasons may not be the same as yours. But this does put us on the same side."

"And you don't have to worry about the enforcers finding out about this. We're not enforcers." He smiles. "Far from it." If he was supposed to be a criminal, that attitude certainly made sense. "You can be sure we won't be talking to them about any of this."

"But whose Warden Locan," he asks, "And what happened when you found him alone in the Square? We can't help you find out what happened without more information."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Lily nods, she's alright with these two, atleast they are being nice to her and haven't tried to kill her yet.

"I was frightened to report Saul missing at first, but when I saw Warden Locan on his own in the Square, he looked'¦ I don't know'¦ lost. I told him Saul was gone, he seemed angry at first, then he just went quiet and looked like he was going to break down in tears right there. He made me swear by the God-Emperor and by Saint Drusus not to mention this again, especially not to the other enforcers. It was strange but I believe he was even more frightened than I was. Warden Locan is head of the Enforcers, but, but something ain't right among them. ' She glances at the door.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:57 pm

"Have the enforcers been investigating the disappearances?" Jericus asks. "They're not exactly forthcoming with information for people like us." He glances at the door. "You think there may be corruption in the enforcers? Maybe them kidnapping workers and selling them to slavers?" He shakes his head. "I hear there's always a market for healthy slaves. Maybe your brother learned something he shouldn't have. Didn't want him talking."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:02 pm

The Tech-Priest is mute.

Haxtes simply allows Jericus to do the speaking.

His mind is simply recording the information gathered here for later use if needed.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:10 pm

Lily lowers her voice, "The Enforcers are useless, and I wouldn't trust them with my dead cat to be honest. Locan's always been nice enough to me, but something ain't right in that place. I mean really, every night someone else goes missing and what are the Enforcers doing to stop it? Nothing if you ask me." She glups and looks around as if someone might have heard her, "I don't know what my brother was into, but he was no Narco, and he didn't do drugs, so someone killed him, and if they wanted him dead then I'm not safe either. It was stupid of me to stay last night, I'm not staying another day in this place. I was just waiting till the work shift returns and the last rail cars come in, and then I'll make a dash for the last car out. I have an old friend who works as a scrivener in the Porphyry District, she'll let me stay with her if I ask. Not much, but it's better than dying isn't it?'

She looks scared as hell still, but willing to make a dash for the Rail dispites the danger she feels she is in.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:00 am

"It's probably safest for you to do that," Jericus replies. "Wait until there are a lot of people on the street at the shift change and head for the rail." He nods his head absently. "But before you go," he adds. "We need to know where we can find Warden Locan. We won't say you talked to us or told us anything. In fact, we won't even tell him we met you. But we need to know where he'll be before we can let you go."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:14 pm

Lily shrugs, "He's an Enforcer, so check the Enforcer station near the Rail Platform." She licks her lips, "You might try and find Evard Zed, he was one of Saul's friends. They used to drown their sorrows together. He's a drink-sodden fool, but he's been avoiding me and might know something. I think I saw him at the Templum when I went to light a candle for my brother's soul this morning.' With that Lily stands up and looks ready, "I'm going to wait in the marketplace until I see the last train pull in the station this evening, then make a break for it. Good luck in finding out what happened to my brother, Emperor watch over you." She glances around the trashed room, "I'm going now."

If the two men don't stop her she heads out of the hab and hurries down the stairs.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:35 pm

Jericus nods his head at the woman's comments. "Thank you for being forthright with us," he says at last. "It's rare enough in these parts." He nods his head slowly. "And good luck with your escape. We won't keep you any longer." He then gestures to the door, not offering any delay to her departure.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:06 pm

Lily hurries out the door and down the stairs leaving the two in the room alone. The room itself has already been 'turned'. It looks like someone was here before you and ransacked the place. Even a quick glance is enough to make it clear there isn't anything physically here of use to the Acolytes.