Capitulus Secundus: Illumination

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: In Conclusion

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:47 pm

Its a time of paperwork alot of paperwork, and everyone is working to have it in order. The trip on the Brazen Sky to come should provide you with a week or more of down time to work on just that, but its smart to get things started. Jericus is trained in this sort of thing and he diligently works on coping the Widow's Book from his pic recorder while its fresh in his mind, and askign a few others here and there he's doing a heck of a job of it.

Then the time arrives to leave this Gob Emperor forsaken planet. Everyone heads out of the Adminstratum offices and marches straight for the spaceport and the landing pads there. As you get close the smell of promethium fuel rises stronger and stronger. You set your feet on the rockcrete pad and gaze up into the sky watching as your small shuttle craft is making its final approach. With fuel trucks driving about, cargo being unloaded from a nearby ship, and generally the hustle and bustle of the landing area going on around you even at this hour you are mostly left to your own devices.

You stand alone on the pad as the lights of the area are being turned on as darkness is settling in. A sharp voice from behind you breaks the droning noise of the incoming Lighter's engine thrusters. "THAT'S THEM! THAT'S THEM RIGHT THERE!"

Turning to greet the shouting voice you see that smarmy self important bureaucrat Kerred Smyk marching toward you. He is the same man that you met when you landed that demanded all manner of information from you that you never game him (and who left rather upset about that). Nothing more than a servant of a under-consul here, the man has half a dozen men of the PDF with him. They are plain grim looking men with flak vests and autoguns around their shoulders (not at the ready). "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" Kerred is pointing at you, "Arrest them! Arrest them all!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:14 pm

"I've got this, Jericus. I'm done playing nice with this man..." Solaria keeps he hands away from her weapons, for now, but marches right up to the man, only inches from him. She takes a moment to nod to the PDF sgt in charge of the squad, but immediately turns back towards teh adept.

Usually she tries to be civil, but she is done playing nice and her tone reflects this. "You smarmy little, git... How dare you attempt to halt servants of the Golden Throne!" Taking one hand, she pulls her combat webbing to one side, exposing her usually hidden Arbite badge. "Do you know what this is, Smyk. It's the Badge of the Adeptus Arbites. And under Article 78.5, Section 8A of Interplanetary Operations, I could send you to the chain gangs for three years for interferring with my operations and investigations on Iocanthos. And I doubt those pretty little, smooth hands of yours have ever seen a scrap of real work! Now would you like to be arrested and handed over to the Enforcers or are we done here?"

GM Edit for right planet name :)
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:39 pm

Jericus stiffens as he hears Smyk's voice. He stops walking and closes his eyes, marshaling his inner strength. After all they'd been through, a petty bureaucrat trying to win a pissing match was not what he wanted to deal with right now. Then, as he turns to face the man and his PDF goons, Solaria steps forward and Jericus can't help but smile. She'd been cooped up dealing with paperwork the last couple days. And that must be tough for a woman of action. Dealing with a self-important idiot like Smyk was just what she needed.

He nods his head slowly as she speaks. It's a satisfying threat she makes, all the better because it's legitimate. Jericus has no sympathy for the cretin that's the target of her ire. He'd known full well that they were working with Aristarchus, and the Seer had not made it a secret that he was a highly placed member of the Inquisition. If Smyk wanted to poke that particular dog, he had to expect there was a damn good chance he'd get bitten.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:59 pm

Rego's mirth doesn't show outwardly, but it is hard for him to maintain his game face as Solaria berates the peon politician. He watches the woman's back and the hands of the PDF reinforcements. His own hand ready to draw the great sword from his back should the need arise, but for now resting at his side...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:39 pm

Damien is a lot perkier now that he's had some actual rest, his mental defenses rebuilt, and his body no longer seriously injured from battle. He very quietly whistles a jaunty tune as he watches Solaria give the bureaucrat a good talking-to. If it comes to a fight, he'll feel sorry for the poor PDF bastards, as they're just doing their job - following orders. Smyk however ... well, the Psyker will enjoy watching the man get his come-uppance.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:52 pm

Smyk studders and stammers a moment as Solaria stands there publicly dressing him down and threatening to send him to a chain gang.

The Sarge of the PDF force shakes his head, and glares at Symk. "You didn't tell us these people were with the Arbites, or the ...." he has a keen eye and the Cleric, Pysker and Techpriest aren't hard to ID for the man. "... whatever organization they might be with." He waves a hand at all of you, "Sorry for the trouble folks, go about your buisness. Smyk, you're on your own." The Sarge snaps an order and he and his men withdraw marching off leaving Kerred standing there mouth agape.

"I... I... you wouldn't dare touch me like that! You'll.... well you'll pay for this, I promise you!" His puffed up self importance is crumbling around him and he's deseprate and scared.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Jericus turns his back on Smyk. After facing off against a daemon, a self-important pissant bureaucrat didn't even rate a parting comment. The sergeant, however, was another matter. "Not at all sergeant," he says to the PDF squad leader. "You're just doing your job as best you can. We appreciate your efforts." Then he gives a nod to the soldiers as they depart and turns to head back to the landing pad.

"Nicely done," he says to Solaria once the sputtering Smyk is out of earshot. "Though I think it you'd tried a bit harder you could have gotten him to wet himself." A slight smirk shows that somewhere along the line the scribe has picked up a sense of humor.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Solaria nods to the sergeant, "No problems. And here you go." Solaria tosses the man the sack of stub rounds she had left for trading. "Please be sure to buy a few rounds of drinks when you're all off duty. We never meant for you to be detained from your duties." She starts to walk away and nods to Jericus, "My pleasure, Boss," she starts to say, until Smyk threatens her. Solaria stops dead in her tracks and turns on Smyk once more. Walking towards the man she says, "Threatening an Arbite is grounds for immediate flogging in the nearest square, with your peers as witnesses. But this will have to do, I'm in a rush." She hauls back and coldcocks the little man. As he hits the ground, she simply starts back towards the group, "My apologies, Boss. You were saying?"
Aim +10, Unarmed attack vs Smyk.

Do I even need to roll to punch the scribe?

I'll mark off the stub rounds for trading on my sheet.
Oh, I found the ammo weight rules in thr RT book, too. They said one clip is 10% the weight of the gun, also. I love that!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:27 pm

The Psyker simply snorts in amusement, glad that things ended peaceably. Damien has had more than enough excitement for one planetfall. Throwing down with the Imperial Guard would have been quite a bad mark on their report.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Haxtes stays calm saying nothing throughout the encounter. His hand rests on his new las rifle, constantly ready to spew burning energy onto his foes.