Capitulus Secundus: Illumination

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: In Conclusion

Post by Grimbold » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Haxtes bows to Lamark and blesses him: "May the Omnissiah watch over you!" He looks at the weapon without disguising his awe: "There is a good machine spirit here, thank you again." Then he packs it away and says nothing for the rest of the day, unless anything special happens.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:11 pm

"And thank you, Lamark," Jericus says, offering the man his hand. "I'm afraid we're leaving you with a lot of work to accomplish, and very few resources. But I don't doubt that once our reports get to the Inquisition, you'll have more help than you care for. Good luck in the months to come."
I assume I was able to get his written report from Lamark to bring with me. As the only local to resist the call of the daemon, he's a vital witness to the time that we were away from Stern Hope.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:22 pm

Solaria jumps up in the Cargo *, turning over the engine. Hanging one arm over the window's edge, she calls out to Lamark, "We'll make sure you're rewarded for your duty and faith, Brother! Be well and tend your flock." She checks the action on her auto-carbine and the promethium gauge. Then, Solaria is ready to be off.
Last edited by jigglypuff69 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Damien waves slowly goodbye to Brother Lamark and the town from the back of the 8x8. He leans his head against the side of the truck and prepares for a nice nap on their ride back to the port.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:58 am

Lamark waves as the Cargo 8 speeds away out of the broken gate and out into Barrens between Stern Hope and Port Suffering. The Churchman's report is secured with Jericus and with it and your's the town of Stern Hope may still have a chance; once the Inquisition returns to confirm its truely free of daemonic influence.

The ride back to Port Suffering is bumpy and dusty, but during the trip you encounter no Ashleen tribes, no Voicers, and more noitacibly no Shale Crows. You drive on through the night switching drivers out between Solaria and Haxtes and Xanthia to keep you moving on as you are eager to be away from here. Reaching Port Suffering you open up a channel to the Brazen Sky which remains in high orbit still and negotiation with the Captain you secure your return trip to Scintilla to report in to Inquisitor Sand. The Captain of the Brazen Sky confirms that by evening (now two days out of Stern Hope) a Lighter will land at the space port to pick you up. This gives you the day to rest, return the Cargo 8 to where Aristarchus had borrowed it, and generally mill about the town. Having drove through the night Solaria, Haxtes and Xanthia catch some sleep, and the rest of you choose to keep close until the Lighter arrives.

The sun is setting on Port Suffering and you leave the Administratum offices where Aristarchus had you set up when you first came. Its time to catch your flight off this planet back to the Brazen Sky and Scintilla.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:13 am

Having recorded his own report in great detail already, Jericus finally allows himself to read the reports made by Lamark and those in Stern Hope who had been sane enough to make an account of what they could remember. Using the skills of a member of the Administratum, he works while the drivers sleep to collate the information from the reports into a form that Sand can use more easily. The Inquisitor will certainly want the raw data to draw his own conclusions. But some reports that analyze the data and beak it down in useful ways might help him as well.

The scribe also puts some of his most basic skills to use. Having secured some paper, he goes about recreating the widow's book from the images he took. He'd done the best he could with the pict recorder. But while the memory of the book was still fresh in his mind, Jericus works to prepare as close a duplicate as he can.

During this time he also checks in with what local authorities it is appropriate for them to report to. The Church, certainly needs to be told about the prior's death. But Jericus leaves it to Rego to make that report. Tight-lipped as a member of the Inquisition must be, he offers no more information than is required, leaving it to his superiors to determine exactly what should be told to whom. Nevertheless, he makes certain that they perform their duties to the local authorities.

When the lighter has arrived for them, he goes with the others without any fanfare, hoping that their departure will be less eventful than their arrival.
Jericus will actually use his skill Trade(copyist) to make a copy of the book. I figure that can also be a task that he can work on while in transit on the Brazen Sky

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:38 am

Rego remains quiet for most of the day since leaving Stern Hope. He scours his notes meticulously looking for anything for which the group could possibly be found at fault for, crossing T's and dotting I's for good measure. Then once he completes his task he begins to memorize the contents with a fervor not uncommon to an Inquisitor. When he makes his report he will be ready for their questions, unlike the last time. This time his story will become truth in the eyes of his seniors...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:20 pm

Back in town, Haxtes spends his time sleeping, praying as well as cleaning, and servicing his equipment (or whatever the other acolytes bring him for repairs). He keeps to himself and speaks only when necessary.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Solaria turns in her reports to Jericus. There's not much she can add to anything to she rests as best as she can. If there's time before the lighter arrives, she'll try to pick up some ammo for a couple of her slug-throwers. If not, it will just have to wait until a later date...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:36 pm

Xanthia also completes her meager report, submitting it to Jericus. There is likely nothing she adds to what he's already gotten from the other, but better for Xanthia to actually submit a report.

When Solaria goes to look for slugs, Xanthia offers up what she has remaining.
I bought several extra bullets and still have most of them. What are you looking for? Solaria is open to have any of the slugs Xanthia has.