Capitulus Secundus: Illumination - The War Boss

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Capitulus Secundus: Illumination - The War Boss

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:52 pm

Image "Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise." - General Sturnn of the 412th Cadian Infantry Regiment This thread arrives from here: Stern Hope

Having arrived in Stern Hope yesterday the Acolytes have begun to investigate the strange psykic events happening in the frontier town. After battling a Hexalid, the group returned to the Crying Clota for a well needed rest. Today the dedication of the cathedral is to begin. About twenty minutes ago the local Ashleen Warboss Kos'ke and the Dirge Singer Esha Raine arrived in town for the event. Kos'ke and his warriors head for the Warrior Camp while the Wise Woman heads for the Priory.

The Acolytes split up to cover more ground. Famous last words of many a dead Space Marine. Yet here in Stern Hope you suspect youa re safe enough. Jericus, his brother the Tech Priest Haxtes and Damien to speak to Esha Raine the Ashleen Wise woman.

That leaves Solaria, along with Rego and Xanthia to pack up their weapons and head out to the Warrior Camp to try and get an audiance in with the Warbos Kos'ke.
Last edited by Vardaen on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Capitulus Secundus: Illumination - The War Boss

Post by MadVlat » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Rego steps forward and raises a hand as the group begins to part. "May the emperor's wisdom guide us this day... Amen". The cleric's eyes watching his comrades as he waits for the proper responses...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:15 am

Solaria nods her head in respect to the priests words, "Let's head out folks, daylight's burning." Solaria starts walking towards the camp, having only stopped momentarily to pick up a few things. Most people wouldn't notice the brass knuckles on Solaria'shand at her side, but instead have their eyes drawn to her and the load of weapons she carries. Slund almost non-chalantly over her one shoulder, Solaria carries and extra stub revolver and ammo. Not that she would need it with the auto-carbine and auto-stub she already has...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:16 am

Xanthia nods her head at the Cleric's words, making the sign of the Aquila. She is also outfitted rather similarly to the other woman, packing her weapons and little else. Though, she does have a pouch with stub rounds and a pistol that she normally doesn't use with her.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:37 am

Rego stands stoically as he petitions the emperors strength. When the short rite is finished the cleric holsters his pistols and moves out the door. "The heretic's will not show themselves as such if we are not present"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:39 pm

The three hurry out of the Clota with weapons and extra arms in hand (likely for bartering). The pause just long enough for Rego's blessing and then hurry through the town to reach the Warriors camp. The whole of the camp is active and a buzz with Kos'ke's arrival. There are Ashleen all about, scores of them milling about chatting playfully. Some are roughing each other up in sport just in the middle of the lanes that run between the tents.

As the trio reach the edge of the Warrior's Camp they are quickly greeted by a half dozen Ashleen locals. "What da want?" shouts one of the men as they move to block your way from pushing deeper into the section to see Kos'ke.
5: The Warriors Camp
The warriors camp is an area of town set aside for visiting Ashleen clanners, clota herd drovers and other nomad groups that may pass this way, and is made up of open tents, a corral and wellhead. It is isolated enough from the main camp to make everyone feel a little safer while remianing inside the wall.

You can find the map and such in the OOC thread:
https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... tml#141698
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Solaria steps up, letting the men get a good look at her. Peering out from under her flak helmet she looks over at the Ahleen that spoke. "We're looking to speak to Warboss Kos'ke. It's important. I'm Solaria, this is Xanthia and Father Rego. We're here to help if we can..."
Fellowship roll if it seems like the thing to do, please.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:10 am

Rego stands unwavering in his resolve, his face a stonelike replica of reality as he is introduced. Looking beyond the lone Ashleen he watches the comings and goings happening behind the sentry. The cleric's thumbs tucked in the belt on his waist. Mere inches from his closest weapon should the need come about for heretical purging...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:20 pm

This is really a Charm Skill test, not a strait Fellowship. Most interaction rolls have to use one of the skills, like Charm, Intimidate, Inquiry, Scruitny, Barter, etc.

Charm (Easy +10): Roll: 94 vs 28 (untrained) Fail! Wow you'd have failed anything with that roll.
The Ashleen isn't impressed, he has a bit more wild look to him than the others that live in Stern Hope. "So." He spits on the ground, "Everyone wants to speak to the Warboss, you ain't nothing special" He eyes the woman's figure and her weapons. "I ain't gotta move fo you if I don't wanna." He sucks on his teeth a bit and glances at his men. They laugh and chortle with him holding their ground as well.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:43 pm

"I wasn't going to mention that we're here on official Inquisition business, mostly due to the fact that your people don't quite accept the Golden Throne. Yet." Solaria glances at Father Rego to emphasize the yet part. "But we are. That and the fact that your Dirge Singer may be in danger if we don't speak to him should get a fire lit under your hind quarters. Now, we need to speak to the Warboss!"