Capitulus Secundus: Illumination - The War Boss

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Capitulus Secundus: Illumination - The War Boss

Post by MadVlat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Rego steps forward a single step, to add backing to Solaria's words. Yet still he does not speak his stern eyes enough to portray his thoughts. His hand flexing ever so slightly along his belt. In the clerics eyes he feels that the entire local populace should be extinguished as heretics and new workers brought in to replace them in the fields...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:08 pm

Xanthia remains where she is as the others step forward or offer a new argument. She watches the warrior for his response for a moment before she switches her gaze to the other warriors in the background. She watches them for any signs of action as Solaria basically threatens their boss.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:08 am

Lets cleear it up cause I see an error in JPs post and maybe that's just a typo.

The Dirge Singer is Esha Raine the woman in the other thread.
Kos'ke is the Warboss man in the camp here where you are.
The Ashleen licks his lips, "What sort of trouble are you bringing on Esha Raine? You cause her any sort of harm and I swear Kos'ke or no, I'll gun you down myself." He reaches to his belt to old stub he has hanging there, but the longknife next to it looks a bit more dangerous. "You wanna speak to the Warboss, you gotta show proper respect to his warriors first." He winks at Solaria.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Rego's hand edges slightly closer to his own pistol as the warrior makes his move. Silent up to this point the cleric finally speaks, "Let us pass or it is you that will have to explain to the Ashleen people, how you had the chance to save your seer, but failed because of personal arrogance". The words pour from the emperor's servant venomently, his eyes telling that he will tolerate no more delay's...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Solaria looks over her shoulder at Rego and raises one hand, "Father...." She turns back to the warrior she's been dealing with and says, "We bring no trouble, but there has been evidence of the Archenemy here. She and your Warboss may be targets and need to be warned." Solaria reaches into her pouch on her webgear and pulls out a handfull of stub rounds, dumping them into the warrior's hands. "Your sidearm looks thirsty, Ashleen. We need to speak to him..."
Had been going for the "Ashleen respect shows of strength" thing.

Give him 20 stub rounds! I'll adjust my sheet later.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:48 pm

The warrior bristles as Rego orders him about, "I take no orders from you, only Kos'ke! Just who in the Barrens do you think you are?" All of the warriors are on edge and everyone is reaching for weaposn when Soliara produces a hanfdul of bullets.

He looks from Rego to Soliara, and takes up the bullets, "See, now this woman knows how to get things done. Go on, but I'll be watching you!" He pockets the shells and nods to his men who move to the side letting you through, but they follow you through the camp toward the Warboss, always within easy gun range.
Nice. I'll do your sheet now.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:36 pm

"Bribing heretic's, bah!", Rego states when out of earshot of the insulant Ashleen. The cleric now carries himself with a disgusted mein, his thoughts bending heavily toward extermination. However, he holds his tounge and takes up a place beside Solaria...
I must of missed the whole bullets for bribes thing when I was trying to catch up with everyone on the story line. OOPS!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:16 pm

Rego curses, unhappy with the way the interaction played out with the Ashleen, but they aren't heretics, not really. Atleast these Ashleen aren't, other tribes might be, but Kos'ke and his men are part of the Immperium after all.

Rego, Solaria, and the menacingly silent Xanthia move through the camp to come to Warboss Kos'ke. The man is an imposing figure, Ashleen or not. He is a man who has earned his pisition through a mixture of willpower, naked ambition and outright blodoshed, Kos'ke is not a man to be trifled with, nor is some ignorant savege, despite his appearance. He is a large man, with an even larger sword hung on his belt. Dressed for battle, he mills about with his retinue laughing and carousing with the men as you approach. When you come into the circle of the tents he is at he turns and silences his men with a quick glance. "Well well well, what have we here, has the Abbot sent us some fun before the plainsong. I supose I have time for a romp in the dust, you two aren't too bad looking." He points at Xanthia and Soliara of course.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Rego's eyes narrow however he remains quiet, waiting to see the reactions of his companions. Ever so slightly repositioning his foot, should the ladies take offense to the degrading insults...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:25 pm

Solaria raises an eyebrow, making her tatoos shift a little. Her grey eyes twinkle with amusement as she listens to the Warboss. "Not right now, Mr. Kos'ke. Besides," she says with a smile, "I'm not quite sure there's enough thrones on this dustball to afford me. And believe me...I'm worth it."

Solaria goes along with the jibes for now, but get's to business, "No, the Abbot sent us to see if you knew anything about the lights in the hills and to let you know that your Dirge Singer may be in danger. I can see you can handle yourself, but the dedication would be the perfect spot to do some damage to a lot of Imperial citizens..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...