Capitulus Tertius: Cold Vengeance

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Inquisitor Sand: Final Reports

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Solaria remains off to the side, but close to Jericus if needed. Leaning against a stack of crates, the woman smiles at Sand's use of Jericus' new title of Senior Acoltye. The man certainly deserves it and hopefully will be accepting of it. She'd follow him to Hell and back.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:36 am

Xanthia nods her head slightly at Inquisitor Sand's use of the title "Senior Acolyte" when referring to Jericus. The Adept definitely deserved the upgrade.

With the completeness of Jericus' reports, she has nothing to add, just listens and observes as the conversation continues onwards.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am

Damien nods, joining the conversation for the first time. He pulls a heavily sealed package from beneath his Psyker robes. He has evidently been busy in his spare time, since he pulls not a simple scrap of cloth, but an oblong lead box. It is inscribed with hexagrammatic wards and the Imperial aquila, completely enveloping the artifact. He very carefully deposits it into the slot, then sits back down. "I did not inspect it heavily, since it is Tech-Heresy of Xenos origin. I neutralized what influence I could, and kept it with me the entire journey to isolate the other Acolytes and civilians from the false Tarot card. It is returned as we found it."
Taking some flavor liberties with how I kept it isolated. It just sounded cool.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:23 pm

The pass through tray snaps closed. "Well done Acolyte Damien, your precautions shall be noted in my logs." He folds his arms over his chest. "Return to you lives and duties, I shall call on you again when there is need. Behind you, you shall find some monetary compensation for you efforts and for future efforts."

The chamber with sand goes dark, and you can just hear the pass through snap open on the far side and the noise of lead scraping in the steel as Sand removes the box containing the card. The glass shows your reflection, and never lightens back up.

The door out of the chamber slides open flooding the chamber with air and light. The light from the crack in the door lands on a large lock box that has the Imperial Aquilla on it, along with various inscribed rites of the Imperial Creed. Inside are six pouches with various levels of throne gelt in them, each pouch is labeled, one for each of you -- your back pay and some expected pay forward.

As the door continues to slowly open the light from the outside floods your senses and turns all things to white....

<Fade to White>
Here Ends Capitulus Tertius: Cold Vengeance!

It won't be long before the next chapter begins. Spend your XP and buy and sell your items in prepairation of the next chapter. Purchases and the like can be handled in the OOC thread. Also if you have something you'd like to do for the next month and a half of down time send me a PM and I'll work it into the opening of the next chapter, otherwise I'll be making something up for you.

This was a great chapter I thought, you guys rocked!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring