Capitulus Tertius: Cold Vengeance

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Back with the Prince

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:41 am

Solaria watches Reginald and Jericus speak. She's supprised at the mention of medals for the acolytes and wonders if it had anything to do with the smack on the ass she gave him. If that's the case, she thinks with a wicked grin, the Arbite will add that to her usual repitoire!

And as usual, she's impressed with jericus' handling of the Prince. Nobles here differ from the ones on Tranch and she wouldn't have the first clue how to deal with them. For now she's content with being inth eback row with the others. Even Damien. Solaria may not be exactly comfortable having the psyker around, but the spasm thing he does more than makes up for it raining blood every now and again!

Trying to keep up with what is going on, she waits for any mention of the Spaceport...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Back with the Prince

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:42 am

The Psyker maintains silence, allowing the 'social' Acolytes to handle the Prince. He stops himself from rolling his eyes at the idea of receiving medals from some Feudal Warlord, but if it gets them in contact with the true Imperium faster, then so be it.
Punk. One time! It only rained blood one time! Granted, it was my first psychic power use in the game ... yeah, first impressions can last a lifetime. And suck.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Orcan Cross of Valor

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:11 pm

The Prince listens intently to everyone's report and comments. "Yes Lieutenant, I believe you may be right. There is little time for a formal ceremony however, for the ship out of the city will be ready for the Acolytes within the hour." He nods to Jericus about detaching and promoting Reginald. "I shall take your suggestion under advisement. I must admit however I hope to never have need of the Inquisition here again, no offense, but by the Sun's Light illuminated by the Golden Throne of Terra I want no more Xeno in my city."

He then sets you on a course of action.

Over the next hour you hurry to complete a few unfinished tasks. Chief among them is getting cleaned up. Jericus fills out an after action report for himself and the Prince. Xanthia and Damien head off to collect Father Rego from the infirmary. Solaria handles making sure everyone has the gear their need packed and ready. Reginald too heads off to get cleaned up and finds himself in a private conversation with the Prince at one point.

When the hour is up you find yourselves all returned to the audience chamber of Prince Orcan. Dressed in your best, and some "borrowed" items from some nobles of the Hill. Father Rego is with you, he doesn't appear to be much better, but he's not any worse. A small wheeled chair has been provide for him and with it he can scooter around as need be.

Lt Reginald is with you as well as a handful of local nobles that were present in the Prince's castle and arrived out of curiosity or duty by being summoned. The Prince stands before his throne, an adept at his side holding a small tray of medal.

"I wish this could be a more grand event, but time is ticking and our esteemed guests have a ship to catch when we are finished here. So I shall keep it short." He lifts up a medal, a small iron cross with a half sun, with long rays, crests the top of the cross, and a plane moon the bottom half. "For service to my family, to the City of Olrankan and to the rightful heir of Acreage Princess Rhoze, I present to each of you the Orcan Cross of Valor, our highest award." He motions for Jericus to step forward and pins the medal on the man's lapel. One after the other he attached the medal to the Acolytes including Father Rego who served right up until the final fight. "And lastly to our very own Lt Reginald Darfalion, who faced down the Xeno threat with courage and valor."

Reginald looks a bit shocked he wasn't planning on receiving one himself when he suggested to the Prince. "I am honored to have served, ever so brief, alongside the Inquisition and such fine men and woman." He glances at Solaria and gives her a wink. He bows to the Prince and accepts his pin.

The Prince then begins clapping and those present clap as well in honor of your service.
Everyone will get the medal, it acts as a Charm for you!

Charm
A charm is a keepsake, holy relic or good luck token that
is intended to draw the benevolent eye of the Emperor
to the wearer. They take a myriad of forms including
such things as saintly finger bones, fragments of blessed
bolter casings, water from holy rivers and even corpse
hair woven into significant patterns. Throughout the
Imperium, there is no shortage of folk that will sell such
items to Acolytes, though discerning the true relics from
the false is an almost impossible task (thus the cost of a
charm is entirely up to the GM and how well the Acolyte
can haggle with the seller).
Charms have no tangible benefits. However, when the
adventure calls for something bad to happen to a random
character, at the GMs discretion a character with a charm will
be exempt. If all the characters carry charms (as all Emperorfearing
citizens should) then it is up to the GM to choose
which charms are the most potent.

Yup I made that. :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: The Orcan Cross of Valor

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Solaria begins to clap as well, returning his wink with a smile and making it obvious to the gathered Nobles of how much they appreciated Lt. Darfalion's actions. And a little bit of help with the young man's career never hurt either! When all is said and done, she'll be sure to place the Cross next to the carved aquila she got from the women and her ork toof necklace. Already her momento collection is growing.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Jericus accepts his medal with dignity. They might be in a piss-ant backwater planet on the ass end of the Calix Sector. But it was nice to be recognized for what they did for a chance. Even if it's brief, and even if it's remote, the scribe enjoys the experience.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Rego grimaces as he attempts to stand and accept the award at eye level, but his injuries put up resistance to the effort. Sending the priest back into the thin padding of the wheel chair. So he sits through the ceremony with his mind half planning the opening of a caffeine shop in the middle of his home town, should he be forced to retire. As the crowd begins to clap it snaps the inquisitor back from his day dream and his calloused hands begin to thunder in unison.

When the noise starts to subside he wheels himself, unwilling to allow the orderly make him look infirm and weak; towards Solaria. In a quiet tone he asks, "Well lets have it. How far are you ahead in our tally?". The holy man of course refering to the pairs private death tally...
Had to put the reference to Brecon in there for fun...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Damien is somewhat subdued, his attention focused more inward than outward, but he does his best to be solemn during the proceedings. He bows formally to the Prince when accepting the Orcan Cross of Valour. Immediately afterwards, his thoughts turn right away to their departure.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:07 pm

Xanthia is also quiet and laid-back during the presentation of the medals. She bows before the Prince when the medal is presented to her. "Thank you for this great honor, your highness." She smiles before backing up to her original place in line.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:01 pm

The Prince holds his hands up, "Refreshments."

The servants sweep into the room with trays of drinks and finger food. As they swarm the room and begin to distract the various nobles the Prince comes to you. "It is now time to leave. There is a ship waiting in the harbor, it is a blockade runner, and the proper pay offs have been made. You should have no trouble slipping through the siege. Lt. Reginald will show you the way."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Solaria looks down at the Cleric in his wheelchair. She smiles and says, "I'm up another xenos on you. Between the gretchin eating my grenade and the two xenos her, I'm ahead a bit." Laying a hand on the man's shoulder, the Arbite squeezes. "No worries though, Father. We get back to someplace with a decent bar and I'll be buying the amasec..."

Solaria nods to the Prine, "We are whole-heartedly grateful for all you've done, Your Majesty. I for one look fowards to singing the praises of Your Majesty and his brave Plumes to our betters. Fair sun, my Lord." She picks up her gear and gets ready to wheel out Rego.
Last edited by jigglypuff69 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.