Capitulus Tertius: Cold Vengeance

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Across the Rolling Seas

Post by MadVlat » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Now back to an alert status, Rego is somewhat irratable. "Oh bother, pity the man who can't control his bodily liquids. But the preists, don't worry about him its just someone elses vomit coating him from head to toe. At least teach him the basics of the over the rail concept before he does it to somebody else". There are some quieter grumblings emitted by the father but they become muffled as he begins to struggle with his outer robe...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Emperor's Island

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Xanthia looks over at Damien who is laughing, slightly, she smirks. "Poor Father Rego. Just glad it wasn't me." She winks at the pysker and holds tight to the railing.

With Solaria talking Rego back to reality the Cleric lowers his weapon and puts it away. He suggests teaching the man to vomit over the rail, and the poor soul nods furiously that he will do that next time.

The rest of the trip smells terrible, no matter what you do you can't seem to wash Rego clean of all the puke, and he finds hunks of 'food' in various folds of his clothing and gear for hours to come after this.

Thankfully the sea voyage comes to an end without much more incidents. By the time you make port folks are feeling green, but strong enough to do what must be done.

Emperor's Island comes into view, a vast floating spaceport the island is akin to a mighty oil rig or man-made island anchored just beyond sight of the main land. It acts as a convenient staging point for merchants and mercenaries wishing to do business on Acreage, but also ensures that the Imperium can retain its control over traffic and goods on- and off-world. Over the centuries the island has grown and expanded with the ebb and flow of commerce to the planet.

The docks are located in the underbelly of the island, were the sea crashes and surges against its great supports. Just above the churning ocean, you see dozens of boats of all sizes and marks hanging in launch cradles, waiting to be lowered into the churning water. The docks are a dangerous place, where people pack the swinging gantries awaiting a chance to board a ship and where captains and agents push through the crowd looking for the best fares. Your ship pulls in to docking birth, and a great hammock like net lifts up out the water and hoists the ship up and out of the water like a fish caught in a net.

The ship sways from side to side and for a few minutes you are certain the whole thing is going to break dropping your ship back into the water, but that never happens. Eventually some gangplanks are extended to the swaying airborne ship and you begin to disembark. Getting Rego off the ship is more difficult that you had hoped and you are forced to abandon the wheel chair and sling him over a few shoulders and walk him off.

It doesn't take Jericus long to ask around and be told the location of the Imperial Port Authority. Located in the center of the island, the IPA is an enormous tower that reaches up hundreds of meters into the sky. Covered with vox-arrays and vista ports, it is from here that the Imperium keeps a keen eye on Emperor's Island and all its comings and goings. It is also the most secure place on the whole island, protect at all time by the local Port Wardens. No matter where you go on the island you can catch glimpses of the building through gaps in the landing platforms or through layers of gantries, and it always seem to be watching you.

Solaria asks around and learns of a few other interesting location on the island from some passing sailors. This includes the Landing Zones for ships. The Bilges, a 'market place' of sorts sporting various emporiums and fighting arenas.

With the docks behind you, you set your feet to moving forward...

You have a few choices right now. You can head right for the IPA to try and make contact with the Imperium and get a ship off, or right to the Landing Platforms for that, or to the Bliges which would allow you to explore the various 'local flavor' of the Island, including taverns, ships and fighting pits.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Emperor's Island

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:28 pm

"It may take me a while to arrange passage off-planet," Jericus tells the others. "So you might want to find somewhere comfortable for us to settle for a while. We might be lucky and find a ship leaving soon that can take us. But more than likely we'll have to wait a few days to leave Acreage." He sighs at the thought of staying here much longer. "In any case, best to get the process started as soon as possible. Besides, we need to warn them about the ork attack as soon as possible, assuming that they don't know about it already."
Jericus plans to head straight to the IPA to give them a report and start the process going. But he fully expects there to be a delay before we can leave.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:47 pm

"Right. We certainly have need of arranging a ship first and foremost. If we have time, maybe we can go to the bilges and make some trouble?" Solaria says as she reloads her auto-carbine. With a clack of the action, she smiles. Which usually means trouble of some sort...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:40 pm

Damien chuckles again. "Let us hope that agents of the Inquisition will not have to 'make some trouble'. Unless there is some vast conspiracy going on, we will be given high priority, both in communications and transport. The last thing any world wants is to come under the wrathful scrutiny of the Inquisition. Planetary Governors have been deposed for less. Even if we are not full Inquisitors, we are here on official business and with dire news. Giving us less than full cooperation would set a bad precedent."
Fully agreed on going straight to the IPA. *chuckle* When I think IPA, I think isopropyl alcohol, not Imperial Port Authority. I use that stuff all the time at work for cleaning medical devices and components for our studies. Makes me think of the dentist's office as a kid whenever I smell it.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:58 pm

I hear IPA and think India Pale Ale. Not that I drink any more, but still.
Xanthia, Haxtes and Rego all agree that the IPA is first on the list. So making your way out of the dock area and up to the higher reaches of the platforms of the island the group begins to move toward the Imperium Port Authority building. It can't be missed as it towers over the island, easily the largest structure here. A quick direction ask at one point among some confusing platforms and gantries and you are soon arriving at the door.

Everyone simply let's Jericus do what the Adept does best. After a few minutes of speaking with various guards, administrative secretaries and bureaucratic fools at the front Jericus has navigated the red tape of the complex and gotten you all in to use the communication arrays; without playing the Inquisitor card. You find yourselves inside a small chamber barely large enough for everyone, and so Haxtes and Xanthia wait in the hall outside keeping an eye out. Inside the chamber is a interstellar vox array that you can use to send word off world. It is still slow, but faster than physically transporting your message. With the device turned on, and ready, you sit down to transmit.
Just made a few skill rolls to get you inside and where you wanted without any fuss. Going to hop from scene to scene here so we don't' get bogged down with the little things at this point.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:42 pm

"I say we simply send a message to the contact number Sand gave us," Jericus suggest. "We give him the basic facts - our ship was attacked by orks and we took an escape pod to Acreage - and request that he authorize payment for a ride home. Then we can tell him that in the meanwhile I'll work with the representatives of the shipping company, or the IPA to see if I can get us a ride home. There are protocols for being shipwrecked. I'll see if I can use them to get us a berth on an outgoing ship as soon as possible." He shrugs. "Nothing fancy, nothing out of the ordinary. We're businessmen who are stranded on a primitive planet trying to get home and looking to inform the home office why we'll be delayed."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:36 am

"If that fails, I'll pull the badge and commondeer us a ride. The Adeptus Arbites amswer to no one but the Emperor himself..." Solaria is deadly serious about that, too. She hates to use her authority needlessly and has never been one of those types. But this is another matter entirely, one that needs to be reported!
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Jericus calls on the vox-servitor that is hard wired into the interplanetary vox caster to warm up the machinery. The servitor is nothing more than a husk of a person, mind wiped, plugged in and more machine than person. With no worried of your message being shared by this tool Jericus begins the transmission. The call goes out to Sand back on Scintilla...
Message?

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Haxtes waits silently. He is eager to contact members of the Adeptus Mechanicus.