Capitulus Tertius: Cold Vengeance

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Across the Rolling Seas

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Jericus passes through the hours with a tired equanimity. It wasn't pleasant. But at least they were headed in the right direction - he hopes. As one-by-one the others fall prey to the movement of the ship, he does what he can to comfort them - a sip of water to rinse out their mouths, a cool wet cloth on the back of their necks. Nothing would really cure their troubles save getting back to dry land. But he does what he can to treat the symptoms. "Hold steady," he advises. "We'll be in port soon enough."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Rego is miserable. The throbbing of his foot paired with the gentle tossing of ship and lunch. He grumbles beneath his breath of vengeance and wrath before finally wedging his wheeled chair in place and attempting to get some well deserved rest...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:56 am

Rego wedges his wheelchair against a corner of the ship. He is more than miserable, and it only gets worse. It seem that the Acolytes aren't the only ones that can't stomach the ship's rocking. Some poor soul has been trying hard to keep his dinner down, and finally he looses the battle. Stepping to turn and get out of the way of throwing up on Solaria he accidentally vomits all over the lap of the seated Cleric.

**BLARUGHAGHAGH**
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:52 am

Damien eases away from the puking Acolyte, only his willpower keeping his lunch from coming back up. He could probably dispel the physical symptoms rather swiftly, but it is better that his body toughens up and gets used to the swaying of the sea, rather than relying more and more upon the power of the Warp. Such lies the way of temptation into darker paths. If battle looms he will of course heal them, but until then, Acolytes of the Inquisition are tougher than normal men. Time to prove it. Even if some puke ends up on somebody's lap.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:04 pm

Solaria gets up and just makes it to the edge of the railing before spraying left over corpse starch rations out to sea. "Funny...ugh... they actually look greener on the way back up...ughhhh..." The Arbite is far from ahppy about tossing her luch again, in the service of the Iquisition that is. It seems that ever since she got caught up in all this Inquisitor business, all she's been doing is splitting her time between shooting people, throwing up and getting the wits scarred out of her. When's all this actually pay off....
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Rego just begins to close his eyes and rest when the wet delivery shocks him from sleep. He is groggy as his head comes forward to stare at his lap. "What the!?!", he suddenly bellows above the nausea and crashing of the sea against the ship. Then pure rage erupts from the priest. His auto pistol pointed at the offender before his eyes fully focus, "Solaria, XENO! Arm yourself!", the stench triggering a recent memory...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Father Rego overreacts, his mind still remembering the puking xeno creature. In a blink he has a pistol drawn and pointed at the poor sod that has the ill luck of vomiting on the wheelchair bound cleric. The pistol in his face, the shouts of xeno, and the already sickness that fills his body, the man pisses himself in fear. "I... I... I..." is all he can muster in defense.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Jericus, unsteady on his feet, but at least settled in his stomach, pushes the autopistol away from the poor man. "There's no xeno, Rego, he says in a calming tone. Though I'll admit it's hard to tell from what you're covered with." He hands the cleric the wet cloth he's been tending to people with. "Take this. I'll try and smooth things over."

Then the adept turns to the frightened man. "I'm very sorry, sir. But my friend is a bit delirious from seasickness on top of his injuries. Let me help you to the scuttlebutt to clean off."
Use Charm to try and smooth things over. We don't want an incident.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Solaria spins around at the sound of Rego's call, weapon in hand. Scanning the deck and spotting the unfortunate citizen wetting himself, she shakes her head. "Oh, Father... There's nothing here, just some poor soul trying to give me a run for my money in the volume department... ugh..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Damien looks up and then weakly begins to laugh, the sound probably not carrying far. It also doesn't last long, what with his weak stomach keeping him near the railing just in case his guts decide to compete on how much it can expel.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."