Capitulus Quartus: Duplicity

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Scintilla: Hive Sibellus: Sand's Chamber

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Damien holds back his grumblings at the loss of the Staff, but he'll simply have to use the downtime they have to reconstruct or acquire a new Iron Halo. His was destroyed in the battle, and he needs some sort of focus item to help channel the raw energies of the Warp.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Rego's fist clinches tight and then releases beneath the long sleeves of his robe. Jericus's words like a dagger to the priest's heart when the wristlet is mentioned for a second time...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:47 am

Sand places the data slate with the report on it down on the steel table with a loud clang. "If it was up to me you would have held on to those items taken from the auction. You have all proven your abilities well beyond that of many starting acolytes. I must say I am amused that you did not mention some of the other items to Marr in your meeting, but clearly placed them in your report. Marr must be slipping if he failed to notice the information about the Rosarius and Power Scythe. You may consider the items in question yours, for now, until a time when I might require them for the greater good of the Immperium." Its a technicality, but one that grants you possession of all you posses already, leaving Sand the ability to access them if he so needs them. "I am most worried about Xanthia and the Master Nonesuch, the Slaught are no light matter, and I have read some reports on them regenerating from little more than a three centimeter blob of residue. We must remain on guard against them and against Xanthia. She knows many of our secrets. You will immediately change all your access codes, channel encryptions and other such information to secure against her possible escape from the House of Dust and Ash."

Sand waves his servo skulls away and the float out of the doors behind him into the dark tunnels of his complex. "As for the matter of the Haarlock, I shall put some effort into gathering information on this Rogue Trader. I have seen similar traps before, fake your death, draw out your scions or potential threats and then kill them off. From the words of this Gilded Widow its possible this whole thing was an elaborate ruse simply to kill off any scions of the Haarlock line." He then turns and stands almost at the glass, rarely do you see him so close up and with few shadows. Sands' face is covered in an full mask, respirator and tech implants to the point there is no flesh for you to see save his eyes -- his cold dead piercing eyes. "Solaria, I speak directly to you, and with no bit of cunning. I want you to believe me. I had no prior knowledge of this situation in regards to you. Inquisitor Marr however, I can not speak for." He then nods to Solaria when she understands and the man turns around and glides back to the middle of the room back into shadow.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:05 am

"If the void shield was reinstated, and the threatened explosion occurred - neither of which we were able to confirm - then it seems highly probable that Nonesuch did not have time to escape. Given the speed of regeneration and the time periods available, he should have been immobile when the explosion was supposed to occur. As to whether he is capable of surviving such an explosion." The scholar shrugs almost imperceptibly.

Jericus nods his agreement when Sand instructs them to take extreme precautions. They had already changed all of the common codes that Xanthia was supposed to know. But it also made sense to change the others as well. No telling what codes she surreptitiously learned while she was on the team.

When Sand returns to the shadows, Jericus simply says, "thank you, sir," nodding his head slightly. "Now, with your permission, we'll retire back to our cover identities and await your next summons."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:11 am

Rego, normally a quiet shadow at these gatherings clears his throat and approaches the glass enclosure. He bows his head and when it rises he speaks with respect and determination. "Inquisitor Sand. The needs of the Imperium of course must take priority, but when our mission is complete. I would formally like to request permission for a pilgrimage to the Sabbatine System. That I may join the God Emperor's forces in their crusade against the forces of chaos"...
Rego is placing a formal request. His intent is to travel to the system to receive the blessing of St. Sabbatine. I put this forth to the group in the OOC some time ago and would like to see it happen...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Sand begins to move out of his chamber. He pauses, his back to you as you stand on the far side of the viewing glass. "Do as you will. I will call on you when the need arises once more." He turns his head slightly after Rego speaks. "Do as you must, but you will return to me when I call on you regardless of your situation Father Rego, the Inquisition demands as much from all of us." With that he heads out, released from active duty for the time being you begin a period of rest and personal desires.
So here ends the 4th Chapter of the game, only 117 page later wow!

The next chapter will be short little personal missions. I know Rego has his desires, and Haxtes has some Tech Priest things, folks can team up in small groups or solo things. We can chit chat OOC about what's next. I'd like to keep these somewhat short, montonge scenes that sort of thing.

Also watch for one more bit of XP for chapter end.

This was an awesome chapter, you guys were great, I had a ton of fun. I hope you did. For a 27 page mini published adventure we sure got alot out of it!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring