Capitulus Quartus: Duplicity

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Chamber XIII

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:29 am

Damien nods glumly, still looking wistfully to where the Inquisitor disappeared. "All is according to the God-Emperor. If it were meant to be, He would have opened a way." He sighs, helps pack up what was left to them, then makes for the exit. He wants off this planet right away.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:20 am

As Damien begins to pick up the left over items, Rego doesn't hesitate to snatch the wristlet from the table. "I'm providing for myself brothers"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Solaria clasps the Fireheart close to her chest and is relieved almost to the point of tears. She looks up at the others, "I'm so sorry that you all had to part with such powerful weapons. Please... take the power scythe and sell it. The thrones that we'll get from such a weapon will be able help you three purchase something to make up for the loss of the weapons. And Haxtes, if you were to give the Hell Rifle to the Mechanicus, surely they would reward you for bringing them a weapon to study such as that one. We may still be able to benefit from this encounter..." She locks eyes with Jericus once more and doesn't let go of the Fire heart until they are far from the Chamber and it's people.

She whispers to herself after it's all over, "That bitch will get her's in the end..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:36 pm

Haxtes shows no emotion, he wants to show some, and he fights against his human nature not to bring out his flamer and burn the Inquisitor for taking the Omnisian Axe, but his brother's presence and words keeps him from doing so. I must have these emotions purged.

He turns to Solaria, "You have maded a miscalculation Solaria. I simply have a Voss Pattern Hellgun, hardly the same item as the Brimestone Hellrifle. I purchased this myself." He shows the, while rare, hardly overly valuable weapon common among Inquisitorial Elite.

He makes sure all the items are gathered, but then comments. "Are we to steal these items then? Did we not turn them over to Inquisitor Silas Marr?Simply because he left them on his table does that mean they are for us?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:40 pm

"I won't say it's a bad idea to sell the scythe," Jericus replies. "If you don't want to use it, Rego, then I don't think it's suited to us. But I think we should split the proceeds evenly. Rego, Damien, and I lost more than the rest of you simply because we had more to lose. What is most important to this team is that we're all well-equipped. The Emperor alone knows what we might face next, and I want to be ready for it."

As Haxtes makes his comment about stealing, Jericus shakes his head. "Inquisitor Marr left them here. The implication is clear. These are our reward. And we would be remiss to leave items such as these out where others might find them. No, these items are small payment for our efforts at the auction. I am certain that Inquisitor Sand will back us up in this interpretation."

When Solaria makes her final observation, Jericus can only nod.
If anyone else really wants a shuriken pistol, they can have the other. It just costs an Exotic Weapon Proficiency talent to learn it, and those are expensive. I sucked it up and paid the 300 xp for Jericus to learn it to give him a signature weapon. I wasn't sure if anyone else was willing to do that too.

If no one else wants it, I'll just keep the second one as a spare for Jericus. If nothing else, it'll double the amount of shots he can make without reloading.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:29 am

Rego simply grunts in agreement, as he slips the wristlet on his arm. His lips move silently and his eyes close as the priest offers thanks to the God Emperor"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:35 am

"Oh, I apologize, Haxtes. I'm sorry. As for the loot, all I need is to upgrade my gear. Maybe a combat shield and a serious gun. Mono-treat my shock maul. Maybe some light carapace. Something a real Arbite should have. As for the Shuriken pistols, I can overlook thier legality and vote you keep thim. I look foward to the day when you have one in each hand, blazing away at the God-Emperor's enemies. that would be a sight, lover.", she adds with a wink. "And I'm still going to cut a bitch..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Scintilla: Hive Sibellus: Sand's Chamber

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:41 pm

The last of the shotgun shells are swept into a satchel and the group has collected everything left behind by Marr from the auction. With that the group leaves Chamber XIII and heads for home...

It has been a month since leaving the Inquisitor Marr's chamber, and the end of the auction at the House of Dust and Ash. Over the course of time the Acolytes made their way out of Hive Glorianna and off Solomon. The Inquisition and Inquisitor Sand has been in contact, its slow, but you've managed to send your report to him from the ship -- a simple transport that plies the shipping routes of the Imperium.

A week after that you are standing in the Inquisitor's Chamber, the medical lab like facility where Sand works behind tinted glass. A half dozen servo skulls hover about assisting him. The chamber is empty this day, no corpse being disected, only a polished steel table that gleams as if new. Sand has read your report, several times, and has expressed his regret at Xanthia's fall already, but he has also praised your efforts. Now he awaits your questions, or comments that might be beyond the scope of the written report.
Big FF. Its been 5 weeks, and you are home. We'll wrap up with Sand and end the chapter. I was going to skip this scene but I thought some of you might want to have a face to face with Sand first. I suspect we'll have the chapter end by the end of the week.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Scintilla: Hive Sibellus: Sand's Chamber

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:15 pm

"... and so that was the full report that I gave to Inquisitor Marr," Jericus concludes. "Plus an after action report detailing our meeting with him. I hope it meets with your approval."

The scholar pauses, then adds a few more comments. "If I may, Inquisitor Sand? There was some question as to the propriety of our taking the things that Inquisitor Marr left behind - the pistols, the wristlet, the shotgun shells, and the jewel. I was hoping that you could confirm for us whether we acted appropriately, or whether we should return those things to Inquisitor Marr. We should hate to engage in any inappropriate behavior where he was concerned. In particular, we do not wish to cause you any trouble in your relations with him."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Scintilla: Hive Sibellus: Sand's Chamber

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Solaria's eyes widen at the mention of the jewel. If she has her way, it will be buried with her. Or given to her daughter as a wedding present some day in the far future.

For now she waits for a time that she can express her comments to Sand.