Capitulus Quartus: Duplicity

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Hive Gloriana: The Next Morning

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Jericus accepts his reward gladly. With so much death, it seemed fitting to have a celebration of life. And Solaria was the epitome of a life lived well. Besides, Octavia was still a mystery to him. Why was she really at the auction, and who did she really work for? But then, she probably had the same questions about him.

The next morning a slightly stiff, but otherwise contented Jericus eventually shows his face. Like Soalria, he too makes his goodbyes when they arrive at the Hive. They might well be at odds with Octavia the next time they met. But it was undeniable that they served each other well during this operation. It was questionable whether either group would have survived without the help of the other.

He joins the others when Rego calls them to the memorial, for memorial it must be. "We must mourn our fallen comrade," he says to the others. "We must not fall into the trap of thinking that the creature who wears Xanthia's flesh is at all the person we once knew. That person has died. And all we can do is remember her and revenge her death, if possible."

When Solaria speaks of the Haarlock legacy, he can only nod in agreement. "Yes. we must learn more and do all we can to give to you what is justly yours. If this relative of yours wishes to be dead, then we can certainly assist him in achieving that status."
Just in case, have Haxtes give Jericus and Solaria's belongings a scan for bugs.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Don't Shoot the Messenger: Cimbria

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:22 pm

The Acolytes have their memorial, their fun, and their break, but it is time now to return to Inquisitor Marr. In fact before you can even plan your trip to the Halls of the Chancellery Court you have a visitor. Cimbria, the white haired near albino woman, another Acolyte from the far past for a few of you finds you at your small hostel. She slinks into the breakfast chamber as you are speak, "Welcome back to the Hive. Our mutual friend is waiting for you. He heard you ship arrived last night, and has given you a chance to rest. IF you ready, you may follow me, and I will take you to the Inquisitor." She puts a bit of emphasis on Inquisitor, the man is powerful, and not be ignored lightly.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Don't Shoot the Messenger: Cimbria

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:11 am

Damien looks around questioningly to the rest of the group. "I for one am ready to go. The sooner the better."
Wow, it's been almost 2 full years since we started this leg of the adventure. Dang-o.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:51 am

Gathering up his things Rego grumpily complies. The loss of Xanthia and the journeys hardships laying heavily on his mind, as he unconsciously draws his sleeve down over the wrist-let he wears...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:11 am

"Yes," Jericus agrees. "The sooner we give our report to Inquisitor Marr, the sooner we get off this blasted planet."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Solaria shrugs, "Hopefully he can clear up some of this Haarlock business. Or just be completely closed off and not tell us anything like a true Inquisitor."

She leans into Jericus and whispers, "I have to tell you something aout Niles when we're away from Marr. I don't trust that scaglick..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Jericus nods. "Working for the Inquisition teaches us when to speak and when to remain silent. Often the latter is the better approach." Clearly, his words are meant to apply to the current situation.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Chamber XIII

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:46 pm

Cimbria glances at Solaria, something in her eyes makes you wonder if she could have heard that whisper. IF so she doesn't say anything, "Come on, I have a transport waiting for you." The Acolytes then follow the other acolyte out into the Hive where you pick up a small transport and are taken through the spire to the House of the Chancellory Court. Cimbria does not however move to the front entrance that you all took before but to a side passage, and with a punched in keycode she opens the ancient door and passes inside. You wind your way up the stairs to level thirteen and then to the offices where you first met Marr. This way no one is removed of their gear and you enter into his chamber with Cimbria at your back. "He should be here any minute."

You stand in a dark and dusty room, furnished in black wood and stacked from floor to ceiling with crack-spinned books, roll upon roll of parchment, and heaps of yellowing documents. A feeble fire gutters in a hearth in one corner, and grimy glow-lamps set in recesses in the walls shed flickering light.

A large set of doors concealed within one bookcase-wall swings open and a hunched figure is brought in, carried in a dark sedan chair by two servitors and accompanied by a gaunt young woman in a heavy stiff-backed dress with a gauzy mantle.

The sedan chair is lowered before you, and the servitors detach their carrying rigs and stand impassively against the wall. The seated figure is that of a withered elderly man with long, lank hair and narrow, sharp face. He is encased in several layers of threadbare and soiled looking clothing, an a moth-eaten fur shawl covers his shoulders. He succumbs to a wracking fit of coughing and has blood dabbed from his mouth afterwards by the gaunt young woman. Silently he examines you with vividly intense amber eyes that seem to shine with a feverish light before he speaks to you in a bitter, rasping voice.

"You have returned to me. Excellent. Tell me first, my man Mayweather, where is he?"

Ignore that chaos symbol on his tunic.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Chamber XIII

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:44 pm

"Your man Mayweather was of great help to us in our efforts," Jericus reports. "Unfortunately, he was badly injured in the general chaos that erupted." The acolyte's use of the word 'chaos' is not accidental. "He was with us when we confronted members of a chaos cult, one of whom tried to do something to our minds. While we proved able to resist its power, Mayweather could not. He was nearly driven mad by what was done to us, and clawed his own eyes out. Once we dispatched the chaos cultists, we were able to calm him down and heal him as best we could. However, barring technical replacements, he will remain blind to the end of his days. We could not heal what was no longer there. We left him in the care of a medicus. The location of the medicus, along with a more detailed description of the events that lead to his blindness are all in my report."
Mayweather was with us when we escaped from the Shale Crow cultists, and he was with us when we set Octavia up to guard our retreat. I assumed that we left Mayweather with them for the sake of safety. So, unless they killed him, he was there when we made our escape. So I assumed that he was saved with everyone else.

I went back and looked through the postings, and that's what I believe happened. If I've missed a post showing his fate, please let me know and I'll revise this post.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Chamber XIII

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:30 pm

Solaria watches on with contempt in her heart for this so called Inquisitor. He sent her on a possible suicide mission that was based on her being bait and to top it off, the one thing that she really cares about, Jericus, could have been killed. The nerve! But she listens to Jericus's advise and keeps quiet about her feeling for now and watches the exchange. The Adept is the First amongst their group and it's his right to speak.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...