Capitulus Quartus: Duplicity

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Boarding the Cygnan Martyr!

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:41 am

Solaria drops the piles of loot and equipment she was carrying and returns the favor, kissing Niles back. Then she turns on Jericus, grabbing him in a bonecrushing hug and laying a kiss on him that only a warrior woman could. "Throne be blessed, lover! That was more than a little adventure. Lets help these boys get the ship out of here and then we can celebrate!", she says with an added wink to Niles.

"Captain, thank you for waiting for us. What can we do to help hasten our escape?"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:53 am

Damien is all smiles, and takes the handshake with relief. "It was close there for a while. Seriously nasty business went on in there, things I hope to never see again, praise be to the God-Emperor!" He makes the sign of the Aquila reverently. "When we are away from this hell-hole, I'd love it if you would lead us in a prayer of thanksgiving, Rego. We all need our faith strengthened after such an ordeal." Then he squares his shoulders, forcing himself to look back at the ticking volcano.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:25 am

Rego forgets that he is a priest for a moment and turns as the ship lifts off. Looking at whats left of the mourners his empty hand rises and the middle finger emerges with extreme prejudice. Quietly satisfied with himself he shakes hands and abruptly slides down the bulkhead until seated on the ground. Then charred and weary cups his head in his hands as there will be time for prayer and solace shortly...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Jericus smiles as Niles gives him a kiss and then takes her hand and gives it a squeeze. "Thank you for guarding our escape." He knows that the next time he meets Octavia they may be opponents. But he doesn't worry about that now. Right now he's just happy they're all still alive.

Then, when Soalria gives him her crushing hug and kiss, he returns them. "Celebration, yes," he says with a firm nod. "But let's remember what happened on the trip out. We shouldn't let our guard down now. We should keep watches against the possibility of another pirate attack."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:13 am

"Pirates... Hell, I could take an entire fleet on myself after making it out of that hell hole in one piece. I really wish we could have gotten to the bottom of all that Haarlock business and all this crap about me being some sort of scion of his. I'm sure our 'friend' will be close-lipped on the whole this subject, so it will take some serious digging on my own. For now, why don't we reload and get ready to shoot pirates. Those gunnery crews still owe me some time on one of those damn stubbers...", She says and starts looking for a large gun to man and shoot things with once they've given thanks to the God-Emperor."

The Arbite pumps out the glass shotshells and rams in four Blazer shells, now that they're clear of the place. "I bet we can see that island go up from miles away..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Hive Gloriana: The Next Morning

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:43 am

The next twenty minutes is celebration, and elation and worry that you escaped but might not be far away yet or that pirates might come after you. The fear's are unfounded, thankfully, you escape the House and the Isle and just like clockwork, an hour later there is a blast from the isle. What you expected was an explosion, a rising burst of lava and ash into the air. That never happens because the Void Shield reaffirms itself and seals in the volcano. Anything and everything inside the void shield is turned to obsidian as the entire structure is engulfed in lava that fills the void shield nearly to the brim. Great torrents of steam rise as the vaults are overfilled and magma bursts from the lower levels to spray into acid seas below causing acid steam to rise into the air. All in all the whole region is a wasteland now, and even those outside the shield -- like those in Dead Town, do not survive. Speaking to the captain you learn a few ships escaped, so some people did make it off the rock, but who and how many you may never know.

The rest of the trip back to Hive Gloriana is unremarkable, and you thank the God Emperor for that. You manage to relax, if just a bit, during the trip back, and thirty hours after leaving the House of Dust and Ash you are docking at the Hive Spire, not far from where you left. It is the middle of the night when you arrive so you find a place to spend the night, say your good byes to Niles and Magyar who neither makes any false promises to see you again as they have their own agendas to follow through with. The rest of the night you are able to rest, and repair or clean up. Eat something and ready yourselves for you must return to the Halls of the Chancellery Court and Inquisitor Marr in the morning. Your times as Rogue Trader emissaries has come to and end and its time to return to being Acolytes of the Inquisition.
Watch for XP rewards on the OOC
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Hive Gloriana: The Next Morning

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Solaria is glad to be alive and celebrates among the re-equipping and patching up of gear and bodies. She makes sure to make good on her promise and persuades Niles to come to Jericus's room with her and treat the Adept to a special variety of reward, the kind where two warrior women have their way with one man. Many times. Until they're both satisfied, leaving him a tired and wringed out, albeit happy, man.

Once back to the Hive though, she must say her bittersweet goodbyes to their new friend and get back to business. The Arbite is already making a mental list of what to sell, trade and purchase once they are back in real civilization.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:23 am

Damien is sober and reflective throughout their escape. Not that he isn't elated that they made it out alive. But the cost was too high, and the information they gathered too slim. When they are in private quarters, with just the Acolytes, he brings voice to these questions of his. "What is this Haarlock mystery? Is this Scion business a one-time thing, or part of a bigger plot? What happened to Xanthia, and could she have survived?" The last particularly haunts him. If only he could have determined that the black blade was cursed, he could have saved her from that fate. He should have! He was supposed to be a master of arcane lore, the protector from the things of the Warp. But when it came down to it, he failed her...
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:05 am

Rego spends the first few hours in self contemplation and prayer. Barely a word is spoken by the priest unless he's prompted by someone else. At one point on the journey back he gathers the others for a sermon on the effects of corruption on the human soul, citing Xanthia as fallen. Once back at port Rego again mentions to the others that he wishes to make a pilgrimage to purge his own soul...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:36 pm

Solaria is in agreeance with Rego, concerning the pilgrimage. The man has sacrificed so much for their cause, especially his own body over these last months and deserves a moment to seek his own fate. And it might give them a chance to swing by Tranch and look in on her parents. Especially now she needs to ask them about this whole Haarlock thing.

She sits near Jericus as they all talk, his presence as always, something that she craves. "As for what used to be Xan... I'm not sure. I come from a Hive where twists and psykers were what you feared. They still do after the Pale Throng, but Daemons... that's more Rego's department, Damien. Whatever has happened, it's out there and pissed. I'm sure we'll see it again, just like the Cog Witch and that damn merc that got away in Dead Town. The 'verse is big, but everything comes full circle. And the Daemon will too. The Ordos Malleus will be none to happy to hear that a Daemon is running around loose. Just hope they don't take it out on us. Anyways, the whole Haarlock thing is still open as far as I'm concerned.", she says with a devilish smile. "Some dick of a dead supposed relative is still out there, wanting to drain me and flying around in my void ship. Once I kill him, I'll be confiscating his/my Trade Warrant and dealing witht he Haarlock Dynasty as needed. And all my friends will be rewarded for their aid.", she adds with a nod.