Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:51 am

Solaria stands up and nods. "Little bastard. If that grenade hadn't have been a dud, we might of had him." She shakes her head at the sight of all the blood, some of it her own, on the floor. "Our medic is going to have a hell of a time fixing us up after this one. And we'll have to get word out about Quill. He'll probably try to sneak onboard an airship or something.

"Hey, Onyx, you still alive?", Solaria asks as she moves over to the bodies and starts going over them with Haxtes.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:11 am

Xanthia nods to Solaria's comment. "Things could have gone better there. Definitely had quite a few hinderances. Thanks for returning fire for me!"

She spits blood onto the dias. "Yeah, I'm fine." She grimaces as she pushes herself to her feet. "They hit hard, but nowhere near as hard as the damn greenskins." This may have been a near-death experience for her, but the run-in with the Orcs was definitely much worse for her.

She checks her Bolt Pistol, reloading it after rubbing down the very well performing weapon.

With her weapons still out, she staggers over to search the 4 guards in the NW area of the trap.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:50 am

While Xanthia searches the gangers (and perhaps the remains of Vymer), Haxtes checks to see if the key is still there. Then he switches on his vox to see if he can reach the others.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:09 pm

Haxtes still has the key, as Xanthia moves to search the dead, limping as she does, the Tech Priest attempts to raise his brother and the others on the Vox. All he get's is static and interference. It seems most likely this tomb is interfering with communications.

Solaria checks the tunnel Quill took out, the man has escaped, unless you wished to follow him into the ducts and passage, a dangerous option. She can't but be a little disappointed at the result, so close to finishing this, but luck was no on her side.

Xanthia limps back after looting the corpses, she piles up some things on the dais. "Not much, but I did find this?" She holds up a half melted credit chip.
I'll fill out the loot sheet, but...

Ganger had Autoguns, Ammo, AP 2 Shitty Hive Armor, Some Gelt (looks like they weren't paid yet for this job.)

Vymer had, unfortunately the explosion ruined a lot of things. What did survive is Combat Shogun, Shock Maul, Light carapace arrmo, No ammo or grenades, those popped off. His medkit and other things got toasted in the explosion.

The credit chip looks like Haxtes *might* be able to save it with time and repair.

Also, the other group is waiting around RL for your return, so let's try and get you back to them before I leave on Vaca on Tuesday.
Last edited by Vardaen on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:53 pm

Haxtes gathers up some of the things, and slips the damaged credchip into his pockets. He takes what Solaria and Xanthia do not take. "We can divide up the loot in our rooms." He nods to the exit, indicating they should leave now. Before leaving, he reloads his flamer.
Making sure the credchip is safe. Hax would be interested in the carapace armor - but if anyone else needs it, we can talk. Should we sell off some things in Deadtown before leaving? I am sure we could do that with the innkeeper. Else, I am ready to move on and back to the others.

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:24 am

Go for the light carapace.
Xanthia limps back to the others. "Doesn't look like we'll get much information out of this, though we do know who sent them. I expect we'll see Quill again at some point."

There isn't too much of use left in the exploded remains of the attackers.

"Since we can't contact the others over the Vox, we should get out of here as fast as we can." She packs up a few items of interest and is prepped to stagger out of the room.
Too bad I don't have the talent necessary to use the combat shotgun. Those things are nasty too. I'll be happy with the Bolt Pistol though -- man that thing is deadly! :twisted:

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:26 pm

The things are gathered up, Vymer is pealed out of his armor, pieces of his burnt and charred flesh still clings to the inside of the suit. It isn't pretty, but Haxtes has no emotions, so he doesn't seem to mind. With everything gathered you limp you way toward the exit pipe. One last look back at the crypt vault and you leave the battlefield behind you. The rope down from the pipe remains in place and you are forced to just toss some things down to the bottom and then shimmy down. Xanthia takes a fall, her wounds so great on that leg she can't use it to climb with and landing sends waves of pain up her body.

Managing to make it down you limp your way back to Deadtown. The locals close windows, run out to scoop up children out of your path, and give you a wide berth. A storm has arrived, wind and clouds fill the sky, lightning rips across the horizon and it threatens to rain any second... what kind of rain is up for debate. You still can't raise the others on the Vox, it seems the storm's electrical charge is causing havoc with your vox. You force your way into the watering hole, and Chenshan inside winces as he sees you. "Well that didn't go good I take it?" After a short conversation you manage to sell off some of your spoils of war to Chenshan. He confirms the storm coming in is causing communication problems, a "common problem" he relates.

With that you head back to the House of Dust and Ash before the rain makes contact with the falling ash and the whole road becomes a slippery mud slide of burnt humans....

This thread exits and joins the others: House of Dust and Ash
I'm out for the next week.

So I've pushed to forward. You are rejoining the main thread. Please check it out. If yout want to RP finishing up here, you can, but you don't have to.

On the Loot Sheet I'll put down the prices for things, just mark if you want to sell them and we can sort it out later.

https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... tml#208905
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring