Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

Post by Grimbold » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Haxtes looks at the two ladies. "We need to be extra careful with these two manhunters. This deal looks too good to be true. We must inquire more about their target and their contract." the techpriest croaks.
jp told me (and my - obviously errataed DH version reads) that a Greatcoat also covers the legs. (You can find it in the errata).

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:23 pm

I spent alot of yesterday looking for this Errata. I found none of it. a Great Cloak has different coverage but a Greatcoat has only Body, Arms. Someone point me to the actual print of it and I'll adjust. I even looked on the Forums and only found some house rules on it.
The inn keeper ushers you out of the place now that you have bought what you are going to. "I can't be away to long." So you leave the strange building and head back over to the drinking hall where Vymer and Quill await quietly now away from mass of the room. It seems a small group of locals have cleared out as well giving you some "privacy" to talk to them if you so desire.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Solaria leans over to Haxtes as they walk out, "Go ahead and ask what you want of them. They already know my feelings, so suddenly beibg suspicious on my part would do nothing to help the situation. See what you can find out..."
Scrutiny Skill while Haxtes talks with the mercs, please...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:34 am

Haxtes walks up to the two manhunters and clears his throat.

"We would not have lasted long in Lord Sunder's favor if we were stupid or gullible or temerarious. You have paid us compliments and offer us some quick cash. But before I agree to risk my life in a shootout with some street scum, I need to know more. Tell us about your quarry, what skills and resources you expect him to have. Tell us where he is hiding exactly so we can reflect and make a plan of attack. And you need to tell us more about who your employers are and why they want this human dead. I am a follower of the Omnissiah and would never accept a job that goes against the will of the Omnissiah. And I am not going to take only your word for it. You see, I am willing to work with you. But you need to give me more data so I can assess the risks and rewards."

Haxtes is almost out of breath after this speech and looks at the two expectantly.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Vymer is the spokes man, Quill has hardly said ten words since you've met him. The bounty hunter listens to Haxtes and replies with what he can, "I can not tell you exactly where the assassin is hiding, that is why they call it hiding. I can however, if we don't waste any more time, tell you near about where our prey was last seen according to these men, if they are tobe trusted." He motions at some of the local gangers. "I will also tell you nothing more of my employers, but to say they are powerful people who were wronged by this assassin. I am loyal to those that pay me enough to keep their secrets -- as I suspect you are? Or should I ask Tech Priest who is it you really work for? You can be sure the Omnissiah is not friend to this person. " He waves a hand, "Are you in or are you out? Quill and I will do this with the help of the locals if we have to, they at least don't ask so many questions. Money for blood, it is a simple thing. This assassin may be armed and dangerous, with great skill, but that won't stop us, you'd just make the job easier." He looks to Quill, "They are stonewalling us, shall we get to this? I have no desire to linger here and longer than we must. When the reward for our little assassin is collected the more we shall have."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Cool! I wasn't expecting to find Spitfire rounds!

I think you took the cost of the shells off of my monthly income totals as opposed to my Throne Gelt section though.
Xanthia nods her head in thanks to the nearly two full reloads of the Spitfire. She wasn't expecting to find too much in the way of more ammo for that weapon.

Back in the bar with the mercs again, she nods in response to the statements of the two. She seems satisfied with those responses, but she is only 1 of the 3 members.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Ooops, so I did, thanks Google Sheet Revision Log! Fixed.
Xanthia nods, she is satisfied it seems, that must mean she's willing to take on the job. Quill looks Xanthia over, there is something in his look she doesn't like, a bit of lust there perhaps.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:15 am

Solaria holds up a hand, "Hold on boys... My friend just had some questions. I think we can help." She turns to the techpriest, "Well, Me and Onyx are in. How about it? Want to make some gelt?", she says with a wink for Haxtes. "We have the time before we need to have dinner or anything."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Haxtes says no more and just nods. He turns to go along with the others, checking on the various weapons beneath his robes.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Vymer snaps his fingers, "I knew I pegged you right." He shouts, "Alright boys, its time to go, no more lingering about." He points at a local, "This here piece of scum is our local guide, knows the terrain and where our prey is hold up, isn't that right you whoreson?" The man nods, not insulted by the insults. He looks nervous, but ready.

Vymer motions him out, "Well then, let's go." Vymer and Quill head out of the drinking hall following the local gang member out into the streets...