Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Capitulus Quartus: Deadtown

Post by Grimbold » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Haxtes moves forward to get some cover through the dais. Then he points his flamer at the gangers and croaks: "Mechanicus Deum!" before pulling the trigger. If possible, most of his body is in cover and his optical mechadendrite looks out to help him aim. The flamer again emits a stream of burning promethium. Right after the shot, Haxtes ducks down, stows away his empty flamer and readies his hellgun again.
Move nw,w,w. Get cover behind the dais.
Flame gangers. 1d10+4, 3 pen.
Free (quickdraw): Ready Hellgun.

Note: I do not know how hight the dais is, but it might be possible that Haxtes has all but his arms behind the cover, as he can extend his optical mechadendrite to look over the cover and aim (it can extend 3m).

After spending the FP he should be at 7 wounds again.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Vymer & Quill 5, Gangers 4

Grim you are right about Haxtes, I wrote that down, but didn't update your sheet. Haxtes @ 7 Wounds.
Solaria pops her head up, no longer pinned by the withering fire of the gangers' autogun she trains her own weapon on Quill and unloads a blast of bullets. Her shots walk up from the ground punching and chipping at the large cover he has before him. She keeps up the pressure and manages to clip in his arm and head with a few of the final rounds that spit out. Quill is a tough mother fracker and he refuses to go down even after such a spray of bullets that catch and spray him.

Xanthia is spent, she's barely able to get to her feet, but the woman doesn't give up, not this easily. Using the dais for support she braces her pistol on the stonework that his shoulder height and fires off a round. The bolt pistol rings out so loud you don't hear the man scream as his head is blown to pieces. It explodes on contact with the bolt shell and the rest of him falls down without it.

Haxtes then moves to the corner of the dais and lights up his flamer one more time. This time the man can't avoid the scorching heat. He takes the waves of promethium all over his body and is burnt badly. Still alive he is lit on fire and flails about for a few seconds before the fire finally consumes him. His husk falls to the ground burning for another few minutes giving off an oily smoke.

Quill, the last one left, badly wounded, shouts, "How about a truce? You let me live and I'll never see you again." He drops to a crouch, his body disappearing from sight over the tosses a grenade over the stone barrier. It flies through the chamber, lands in the far vault and pops with a blinding photon flash. The light is so intense Xanthia cries out, "I'm blind! I'm blind!" It can't get much worse for the woman. Solaria's photo contacts auto correct and she suffers nothing from the flash. Haxtes various implants and half machine visuals allow him to overcome the effects through sheer toughness and the Tech Priest's vision remains.
Solaria: Full Auto +20, Close +10 vs Quill: 08! Vs 75 ( 7 Successes) Leg 4 -4 Cover = 0 Wounds, Leg 4 -4 Cover = 0 Wounds, Body 4 -4 Cover = 0 Wounds, Arm 5 - 3AP -4T = 0 Wounds, Head 10 -3AP-4T= 3 Wounds, Body 12 -4Cover-5AP-4T=0 Wounds, Arm 8-3AP-4T=1 Wound

If those were Man Stoppers, he'd be down to critical wounds.

Xanthia: Rise From Prone, Shoot #3: red Dot +10, Short +10: 07 Hit (Sure Strike) HEAD: 13 - 0AP(2AP-4Pen)-3T = 10 Wounds DEAD

Haxtes Move: Flame #4: Ag: 37 Fail = 10 Wounds -0AP(2AP-3Pen)-3T= 7 Wounds, Ag: 86 On Fire! (Stow Weapon)

Quill: (Fatigue -10) Throw Photon Flash Grenade: 24 Hit for Blind! Solaria Photo Contacts Immune! Xanthia (Fatigue -30) 44 vs 11 Blind (1 Round), Haxtes 18 Success Not Blinded

Ganger: (On Fire) Will 25 Success!!, Try and Put Out: Ag: 40 Fail 8-3T= 5 Wounds = DEAD
With only Quill, calling for a truce, and completly hidden from view now behind the meter thick stone pillar, Solaria and Haxtes act...
Round 8 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Quill 5

Xanthia can act, but she's blinded, and fatigued -30, really what can she do? :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:39 am

I call OVERWATCH! 45 degree arc of fire centered on Quill. I will use my full auto burst as he acts/pops up to fire. Also has to make a Pinning test @ -20 penalty. Pg 190 of DH Book.

(Full Auto +20, CR +10= +30 Bonus to hit. Use Man Stoppers this round...)
"You, mother-frakker!!! I've had enough of your crap and getting shot to boot. I'm not sure if you caught this, but it hurts! Just stand up and make it easy for us...". Solaria raises just enough to prop the Spectre on the pews and waits for Quill to show any part of his body...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Xanthia Blinded
Solaria swears at Quill and spins around and props her weapon up on the flaming and burning pews. Its not the most safe place to have her arms and gun and ammo clips. She withdraws off the pews and holds her gun mid air instead, the muzzle pointed at the chamber Quill is in. She holds and waits, just waiting for him to show himself so she can lay down a spray. Her thumb flips the fire selector from normal bullets to man stoppers.
Overwatch it is, you probably don't want to brace on the burning pews :)
Xanthia, blinded, and Haxtes...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:34 am

Haxtes sweeps his hellgun around and shoots twice, aiming for the stone pillar the man is hiding behind.
Semi Auto burst - will try to hit his cover and melt it down a bit. If Haxtes hits the guy through the cover, even better - hellgun's pen 4 should help. As a large object it should be easy to hit.

Perhaps he even gets frightened and pops out from behind the cover, heh, heh.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Haxtes swings his gun around, the flamer spent, he switches out to the hellgun again. He blasts away hunks of stone on the pillar. The debris from the stone flies all about but it seems unlikely that it will crumble complete or ruin the cover Quill has.

Xanthia blinded drops down hoping to be in cover and keep from getting shot, its the best she can manage.

Then you hear a grunt, a blast of Quill's handcanon. A second later a sound of someon kicking metal and then nothing from over there but the fading sounds of a grunting echo.
Haxtes: 91 Miss
Xanthia is blind so moving on
Quill: Unknown action
Round 9 Solaria 13, Xanthia 13, Haxtes 12, Quill 5

Xanthia no longer blind.
The Acolytes...

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:43 pm

"Cover me!" Haxtes hisses and if Solaria still keeps up her overwatch, he moves straigtht to the wall, hellgun ready, and then slowly edges south along the wall, closer to Quill's position. The Techpriests optical mechadendrite is extended to 3m before him.
Move east, then south along the wall, if Solaria keeps up her overwatch. Extend mechadendrite. Can anything be said about Quills position using the infrared sensor?

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Solaria keeps Quill's position covered. "Careful... Coward probably shot himself or something. Watch out for boobie traps." Still covering the pillar, Solaria says to Xan without looking. "Calm down, sister. The blindess will go away soon. We got everyone. Hold still until we can clear the room..."
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:03 am

Haxtes moves forward as Xanthia recovers her eye sight. Solaria keeps her watch on the opening just in case Quill tries something stupid. The Tech Priest extends his eye around the corner and finds nothing! Quill is gone!

The search of the crypt only takes Haxtes a few seconds. On the far wall a small metal plat has been blasted open, and some torn cloak is hooked on the jagged edge. It appears Quill has blown a hole open in the rat like maze of tunnels and is crawling away through them!

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:51 pm

"He has gone into the tunnels. I figure he has escaped." The Tech-Priest's voice is calm and emotionless. "Let us help Xanthia if we can, then see what those gangers had with them and then leave this place." Not for one second he lowers his hellgun.