Capitulus Quinque: Pilgrimage

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Capitulus Quinque: Pilgrimage

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:04 pm

You can never have too many enemies.
The more you've got, the more likely they are to get in each other's way.
- "Idle Musings," 605.M41, Jarvin Wallankot
It has been three months since giving your report to Inquisitor Sand about the Auction of the House of Dust and Ash. Confirmation has some to you through various channels that the furnaces and volcano did erupt eventually, but the Void Shield had returned to contain it. Everything inside the Haarlock estates, the tombs and the House was utterly destroyed in the ensuing explosion. Yet you can not help but wonder if some of your enemies escaped. What is the fat of the daemon possessed Xanthia, of Master Nonesuch, of the Gilded Widow and of the Haarlock Legacy?

Since then however you have been busy, your funds were taken from you, but a small head quarter was set up for your use in the middle hive of Scintilla. The area is known as Sector 834-B, but locally called "The Fenkhole", the reason lost to the ages of time. Your small structure is built into the side of a dozen other structures but most notable a collection of pipes that feed fuel to a nearby space dock on the side of the hive some 40 kilometers west. Your new headquarters has plenty of room and it includes quarters for each of you, galley and pantries, a small shrine, a forge, a garage currently empty, a librarium with some basic books within, a training chamber with make shift firing range and a war council room.

This is where you find yourselves now. Sand has not contacted you since handing over the keys to the place (one each) and offering you time to improve your skills and seek your own agendas for a while.

So it is that you are going about your daily activities one by one having moved from your old homes to here....

Welcome to Chapter 5, this will be a small shorter chapter where we can explore some options for PCs that you want to explore, namely the visit to the Shrine World to get Rego's blade blessed.

I'm going to be out with the baby for a week plus really soon. So I want you to just do some player driven RP here without me until my return. Feel free to embellish your HQ within reason and have fun.
Last edited by Vardaen on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Capitulus Quinque: Pilgrimage

Post by MadVlat » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Rego is bathed in sweat as he enters the war council chamber only slightly out of breath. It is a strange sight to see as the cleric re-dons his robes. Scars of all shapes and sizes pepper the man's flesh, criss crossing patterns of past pain. "I have made our arrangements for travel and the prayers should be loaded by the morning. We should make any final arrangements sooner than later my brothers and sister"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:01 am

Jericus arrives at the headquarters wearing the clothes of a well-off advocate. For much of these past three months, he's been working as Jonath Draco, keeping the alter ego healthy and making a few gelt on the side. "I've cleaned off my desk and given word that I'll be off-planet for some time," he says to Rego. "I'm ready to leave whenever necessary." The scholar maintains his Inquisition gear in a state of readiness that he can take off at a moment's notice, should Inquisitor Sand require.

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:16 am

Solaria yawns and sits up in bed at the sound of Jericus's voice in the compound, stetching and arching her lithe body. Looking around her quarters, she picks out a small half shirt and a pair of thongs to match the half shirt, in the grey and red colors of her precinct. She stands and stetches some more, her movements exposing bits and pieces of her chest as she goes about it and finally stops, swinging her hair up and tying it in a tall pony tail. Walking past her combat shield leaning againt the wall, Solaria drags a finger across it's surface, the bold and stylized '13' on it's one corner cold and rewassuring against her skin. Tapping the stud on the wall, she opens the door, noticing one of Jericus's ties on the back of her desk chair. Smiling, she makes her way towards teh kitchen where the boys are.

Walking right into the kitchen, wearing next to nothing, the athletic Arbite heads for the kaf maker and pours herself a cup. Raising an eyebrow at Rego and Jericus, she puts on a sultry voice, "Good Morning, Mr. Draco. I see you and Mr. Rego have started without me. Can I get you anything? Kaf, breakfast... dessert?", she adds with a little laugh. She's missed him horribly the last couple of nights, bed had been too cold without him. Now he's off, they'll get some catching up under their belts.

She's spent the last few months working at South Precinct 13. The last couple with large amounts of overtime. Lately a narcogang has set up shop in her jurisdiction and the amount of Slam related arrests and assualts has gone through the roof. Just last week they precinct raided the narcogang's headquarters and completely ripped teh belly out of their operations, but at a loss. Two Arbites gave their lives in servioce to the God-Emperor, while no fewer than thirty narcogangers died in the assault. It took them three days to repair all the bullet holes in their last two functional Rhinos. Also, she's taken up a more varied fighting style, having trained more with hand to hand combat to deal with the close quarters fighting they had to do as of late. Her new kit reflects the changes.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:11 am

Rego inhales deeply and averts his eyes, focusing on Draco. "Good morning Solaria. Perhaps a bit more clothing would be in order". His eyes creep slightly back towards the woman but he catches himself and his head snaps back. "I was just discussing our travel arrangements to the shrine world"...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:18 pm

Solaria smiles playfully, knowing her present attire is far from appropriate, but leaves it the way it is. She works with both men and woman, and none of them are the least bit shy in the locker rooms. Or the showers. It's just a side effect of training in coed barracks.

"Oh, the Shrine World. Sabbat Campaign and System, right? Asked around a bit on that. Everyone says it's pretty sticky there with all the Chaos incurions. Something about some army there that calls themselves the Blood Promise or Blood Warriors.... Blood Pact! That's it, the Blood Pact.", she says, tapping her chin thoughtfully. Solaria pours a little more kaf and turn, showing off the full body length tatoo's down her left side and leg. "Sounds like fun. Just promise me we'll try NOT to get killed on purpose this time. I could use a little break from Inquisitors for a while after Marr. And I don't care who's listening...", she adds to the air. Since Sand was the one that procured the compound, she's not entirely sure the placed isn't bug to holy hell.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:45 pm

Jericus raises an eyebrow when Solaria walks in and allows himself a half smile. He's still in his Draco persona, which is far more expressive. "Good morning, Solaria. Looking good, as always." He offers no criticism at all of her skimpy outfit.

When she makes her 'offer' of dessert, his smile widens, but he shakes his head. "Later," he promises. "I spent over two hours this morning with a nearly impossible man from the Administratum. I had to wade hip deep into the local revenue code with him before he'd admit that the Asteria Trading Company was due a tax break for building its new warehouse where it did." The scholar pours himself a cup of Kaf. "But that was the last thing on my dataslate for Asteria, so I can head off-planet with a clean conscience."

Taking a seat, he adds, "oh, I know my battles are nothing compared to yours. Fewer bullets flying, for certain. But at least you don't run the risk of being bored to death by a self-important bureaucrat who thinks he's the next best thing to one of the Lords of Terra."

His eyes narrow as Solaria speaks about the Blood Pact. "So it seems this pilgrimage won't necessarily be a walk in the park." He nods. "But if it's to get Rego's weapon blessed, that's a noble cause. Besides, it'll keep us sharp, and we need that - well, at least those of us who don't see combat as a regular part of our daily lives."

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:06 am

Solaria shrugs at the mention of combat. Her new shield and armour have been keeping her from gathering too many new scars, but haven't pevented all the bruises. The leader of those narcogangers even had a Judgeslayer, that would have cut trough just anything short of power armour. One of the Arbites killed was taken down by that pistol. It's hanging in the CO's private weapons storage locker as a reminder to stay vigilant.

"That I-Beam that Rego is always swinging would be even more badass once it's annointed. The next time we meet up with the Xanthodaemon, Rego can send it back to the Warp with that sword. It would be nice to see a little more of the system." She takes a sip of kaf and shrugs her shoulders, making her breasts bounce, "Who knows, if we can swing by Tranch on the way back here, maybe I can get some more answers..."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:44 am

Damien walks in from their small library, clad in a robe and heavy cowl. He is holding a large, open tome of some sort. He has been cooping himself up in that library for weeks at the least, studying and meditating. He slides back the hood of his robe, revealing his face. His skin is paler, and his flesh more taut and thin from fasting and prayer. His eyes are as dark and hard as ever, unchanged by time and circumstance.

He looks around briefly and takes a seat, thumping the open book onto the table. He pauses momentarily when he sees Solaria's state of undress, swallows down a cough, then does his best to pretend to be nonchalant while he turns back to his reading. He hasn't gotten ... dessert in months, if not years. It's his own fault, really. "Morning everyone. I hear that the plans for our little pilgrimage are going well? Any issues come up?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:04 am

"No issues, I was just informing the others that the goods I ordered are going to be loaded soon and we should be ready to board soon after". Rego has a sternness to his voice as he he informs Damien...