Capitulus Septum: Shades on Twilight

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Aftermath: Inquisitor Sand

Post by Grimbold » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:49 am

Haxtes has not said a word since getting on the pods, but everyone knows him by not not to be the most talkative person. I must get to my workshop and repair all this armor and weapons. he thinks. When the inquisitor enters, he does not snap to attention, but just stops moving, totally, staying just as he was. Then he offers the book to the inquisitor, saying nothing.
My sheet says Haxtes has the book, so he is offering it to Sand.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Sand reaches out and puts a loving hand on the sword, "The Luminous Reproach, a relic, a true holy weapon in the fight against the Warp. How stunning. We are blessed to be in its very presence. You wielded it, so Jericus' report say, how did it preform? Beyond expectations I am certain." Never have you seen Sand so enamored of anything, so emotional as he is about this blade. It is a joy for him to see it you can be certain.

Haxtes then produces the Book The Liber Daemonica, and Sand's attitude returns to the cold calculating version of himself that you know. "This is a rare find, and no wonder the Dark Eldar wanted it. The Liber Daemonica is a very dangerous book, it holds secret and forbidden knowledge that can twists and destroy weak minds. You were wise to leaving it sealed shut. All manner of forbidden daemon lore can be found within.It is said to also contains the sacred rites of battle for the
Grey Knights."

Sand looks at the Space Marine who nods knowingly of that sacred Space Marine Chapter.

Sand continues, "It is said the pages within discusses tactics and how to fight the denizens of the immaterium, as well as, listing the True Names of a great many Daemonic entities. The book too should offer an extensive discourse of when to terminate compromised allies and a whole chapter discussing the moral implications and appropriate use of Exterminatus. It is a powerful tome, perhaps more powerful than the sword."

Sand then gives Molochan a look, "And you are this Molochan I read of, your team is dead, and one was a traitor of the Serrated Query? You will come with me when this over, I have many questions for you." Molochan nods to Sand, "I have alerted Inquisitor Marrs as to my current situation. He will wish to be present also." Marrs, you've had some dealings with that Inquisitor before.

Sand collects sword and book, "Rest, clean up, you have earned a break."
This chapter is nearly at an end, once you resolve the RP with Sand we'll be done.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:24 pm

Sword is less enamoured by the sword than Sand, "It has a keen edge, surely. It was helpful in our fight." He makes not mention that his own psychic powers were far more useful. He is also not surprised that the sword is going to Sand, show seems to covet it. "A bath, I could use one of those." He nods and places a hand on Damien's shoulder, "Good work out there."

The enigma known as Sword will take his leave, bathe, rest and meditate until he is called on for the God-Emperor's glory once more.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Damien blinks at the larger man, unused to praise from the taciturn man. "Thank you. I couldn't have stood toe-to-toe with their warriors, like you can. But give me an open shot at a Xenos who underestimates me, and I can make him pay for it." He fingers the scar along the left side of his face, wincing slightly. "Maybe I should get a better helmet though."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Sand seems disappointed by Swords' feeling toward the sword, "Against a daemon this blade has never known its match." He stands, and collects the two items, "You have earned yourselves some rest. Once the Navy has finished up here, they will shuttle you back to the surface. I shall call on you again when I must, for now, go, enjoy your free time." He motions at Jericus, "Senior Acolyte Jericus, you will come with me, I have further questions that need answering."

Jericus nods and follows along.

Brother Sgt Agamorr, Space Marine, Adeptus Astarte of the Deathwatch bows to you, "It has been an honour to serve with you. I hope some day again we shall have the pleasure to charge into battle side by side once more together. Till then, Emperor Keep you!" He stalks from the chamber to return to his duties.

So ends the chapter! I'll get the next one rolling as soon as I can.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring