Capitulus Octo: Baron Hopes

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The Aftermath - Sand's Arrival

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:51 am

Damien nods at Jericus, taking point on this one. "We have been ... allowed ... to make some significant changes to the leadership structure of this planet. Lucius, you most of all saw how corrupt and cowardly the 'loyalist' appointees are. You executed one of them. The Queen and her servants have shown how incompetent they are in administering this world, and we seem to have a competent alternative that is supremely in our debt. One that the people might actually follow willingly, and that has the potential to actually rebuild this planet and restore a proper tithe." He clears his throat, not used to talking quite this much. "So while not under official sanction, and without the full political and military force of the Inquisition, we have the go-ahead to enact some Regime change." He grins. "Interested?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

bluntpencil2001
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by bluntpencil2001 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:04 am

"The Inquisitor has informed me of this plan, with the bare minimum of details, but, apparently that conversation never happened," says Lucius flatly, referring to the deniability expected by their lord and master.

"I have already pronounced a death sentence on the former Captain's family that is yet to be carried out. A visible, and brutal, display of the Lex Imperialis working in favour of the common man will undoubtedly be popular amongst the proletariat."

He obviously has no qualms about removing a legitimate Governor, but he still narrows his eyes,

"The Baron, however, is not to be trusted. We have no guarantee that his descendants will be any different from the current ruler. He masquerades as a Saint - which will infuriate the Ecclesiarchy.

I am no theologian, my expertise lies in law, but this makes me aware of potential for disorder. He must be forced to accept a constitution drafted by trusted parties, and forced to publicly renounce all claims to canonisation, instead taking a more orthodox religious stance."

The Adeptus Arbites have been known to have been involved in coups in the past - it appears that Proctor Brutus is at least passingly familiar with some of the legal precedent.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:49 am

Haxtes says nothing (as always) and just nods to the inquisitor and his colleagues. He has his hands folded in his robes and listens to what the others are saying without emotion.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Sand exhales loudly, "The Baron has proven his ability to get more out of the population than other leaders. Leave the Ecclesiarchy concerns to me, if you can handle the political aspect, the rest will fall in place."
Lucuius should be aware the Baron has never himself claimed he was a saint or confirmed that to people
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Damien nods. "I will defer to your legal expertise in matters of law enforcement and criminal law. Jericus likewise has burrowed deeply within the bureaucratic underbellies of governments in the past, and I am sure the two of you will have much to discuss and debate as we progress here." He looks at the assembled group. "We have competent representation from just about every angle we care to approach. Criminal, Bureaucratic, Technological, and Supernatural," he gestures to each Acolyte in turn, "and the Baron himself covers the Political. We will have to carefully consider our general strategy, but we have the knowledge necessary to develop the tools we will need."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

bluntpencil2001
Level 4
Level 4
User Class: Inquisitor

Post by bluntpencil2001 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:32 pm

"I shall begin writing up arrest warrants for as many high-ranking individuals as possible immediately."

With the Imperium's Lex Imperialis set to be the liberator of the masses, they hopefully won't have the Baron's followers demanding separatism. If their freedom was very publicly due to the Imperium, instead of due to the Baron alone, it could prevent further issues later.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:41 am

"We will have to plan more privately now. We need to give him plausible deniability. Then we can talk more." Haxtes says.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:37 pm

The Acolytes turn inwards, and the planning for the weeks to come begins.
I'm ending the chapter here. I'll pick up a week later or something you can have chit chatted alot. Feel free to use the OOC for that now.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring