Capitulus Decum: The Haematite Cathedral

In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, Mankind teeters upon the brink of extinction. The galaxy-spanning Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by ravening aliens, and threatened from within by malevolent creatures and heretic rebels. Only the strength of the Immortal Emperor of Terra stands between Humanity and its annihilation. Dedicated to His service are the countless warriors, agents and myriad servants of the Imperium.

Dark Heresy is a roleplaying game based upon the universe of Games Workshop's Warhammer 40,000. The setting of Warhammer 40,000 is a dark, gothic future where the Imperium of Man is beset by dangers within and without. In Dark Heresy players take on the roles of Acolytes of the Inquisition, aiming to uncover and combat the enemies of mankind, be they aliens, heretics or mutants!

Run by the Grand Inquisitor Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Haematite Cathedral: Planetarium

Post by Vardaen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Damien decides that you should try and put the whole contraption into one huge alignment. He sets others to work, while Mercia considers the religous ramification of such a thing. Before she can decide on matters all of the planets, moons, stars, comets and other astral bodies are lined up in one large lopsided row.

There is a cold shiver up your spine.

A voice begins to echo from the small desk near the telescope. A handsome, well-dressed man sits studying star charts who wasn't there a moment ago. His skin is covered in hand-drawn mathematical equations.

“Yes, yes,” he murmurs. “It is as I thought. The stars themselves speak unto us! There… there the secrets are to be found! All the truths of the galaxy can be found in the stars!”

The section of the roof above slides open and a yellowish light bleeds into the room, as if all the stars were turning their gaze on the Planetarium. Koronath turns to see the Acolytes who have summoned him.

“No!” he cries. “The eclipse of thesystem it not due for another five thousand years! How dare you disturb the equilibrium of this place! How dare you interrupt my studies? Do you have any idea of what I am about to accomplish here? Do you? Well, do you?”
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:12 pm

Haxtes powers up his internal blasters, but remains calm and lets the others do the talking.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:34 pm

"I'm am Damien Quinn, psyker, scholar of hidden lore." He pats the spine of the Tome in his hand fondly. "The Prodigious Heavenly Occurrences of the Barsapine System led me to this configuration, to try to understand its meaning. And who are you? What do you hope to understand with the system eclipse?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:00 pm

"Who am I? I am Koronath Hekate of course, the greatest mind this House has ever produced!" He shakes his head at your ignorance. "At least you have good taste, I see you have my book, so you must have some wits to you. Come sit, let us debate the merits of this place and to see if you are worthy of my intellect. So many of this place are so dull and bovine." He motions at a seat for Damien to take, ignoring Haxtes powered up weapons for now.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:29 pm

Something about this is wrong! Whatever this contraption heralds, it is not well-meaning toward the Imperium. Merica's about to shove a limb out of place forcefully when Koronath arrives. Of course: he hid the tomes to hide his own culpability! He's become one of them now.

She follows them, keeping her weapon pointed away from living matter. She can snap it in Koronath's direction if he turns nasty. And yet, he is not really here, is he?

OOC: I really wanna push the button on Witch Sight. Soon...

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:47 pm

Asgeir lifts his rifle as soon as the disembodied voice starts talking, he scans the room ready to take aim at the intruder.

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:56 pm

On seeing the strange figure appear, Renik's first thought is to remain as inconspicuous as possible. He simply stands and watches as the psyker and the newly appeared man speak.

He slowly edges his way into shadows, making as little sound as possible.
OOC: Concealment/Silent Move roll to hide in the shadows now that the 'man' is engaged in conversation with Damien?

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Damien plays along for now, as that has been a useful tactic so far. This mad family does love to talk, and he is happy to let them do that. He nods respectfully, then sits in the proffered seat. "I assume you also are a practitioner of the immaterial arts, as no normal mortal could read this Tome and achieve any kind of true insight. What was the purpose of writing it, Koronath? What did you hope to bring about?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:26 pm

"Well it was a simple matter for a man of my intellect to devise. You see I built this place as a place to learn to study to gain an insight into the universe. It is a marvel isn't it, so much knowledge here. I continue to study and learn from it, though... well. " He pauses a look of doubt passes on his face but he continues. "You on the other hand could learn so much from my studies, yes? Yes!"

The others subtly draw weapons, or slip into the shadows around the chamber so if this conversation turn to conflict they will be ready.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:14 am

Damien puts on a transparent display of attempting to be humble, and clearly failing at it. "Me? No no no, I am sure your insights are far beyond my meager scholastic endeavors. But perhaps given enough time and explanation, I could come to some level of understanding of your work. Please continue, good sir."